ECT How is 2P2P working out for you?

Right Divider

Body part
Read the whole passage--

Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things,
which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Act 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
Act 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
Act 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
You just refuse to listen.

Yes THEY were the children of the prophets, the children of ISRAEL.

Yes, unto THEM first.... the children of ISRAEL.

Being a Christ denier, I understand that you reject the TRUTH!

Interplanner

That's nonsense, the "times of refreshing" is when Israel will be restored. When He SHALL SEND JESUS CHRIST.... that's a time element.

Read it in its context, here is a helper:
Act 3:25 KJV Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
Peter is specifically talking to Israel about thing pertaining to Israel.

How can it pertain only to Israel when the blessing is for all nations? Acts 2, 3, 13, 26, Gal 3, 4, Rom 3, 4 have to be taken together and cross-clarify each other. There is no other way to do business.

Acts 2, 3 is a scene where the world-wide reach of the Gospel is being launched among the people who happen to host it. It has no indication that it was going to be stuck there for purposes that only help Israel or a Jewish theocracy. None whatsoever. It is consistently about the mission to the nations. Judaism thought that mission was to take place through the Law, but the way Christ and the apostles read the OT, the prophets retroactively meant the Gospel not the Law.

Thus the perennial conflict between faith and works, Gospel and Law, etc. Otherwise it dissappears into (two) non-issues.

Right Divider

Body part
How can it pertain only to Israel when the blessing is for all nations? Acts 2, 3, 13, 26, Gal 3, 4, Rom 3, 4 have to be taken together and cross-clarify each other. There is no other way to do business.

Acts 2, 3 is a scene where the world-wide reach of the Gospel is being launched among the people who happen to host it. It has no indication that it was going to be stuck there for purposes that only help Israel or a Jewish theocracy. None whatsoever. It is consistently about the mission to the nations. Judaism thought that mission was to take place through the Law, but the way Christ and the apostles read the OT, the prophets retroactively meant the Gospel not the Law.

Thus the perennial conflict between faith and works, Gospel and Law, etc. Otherwise it dissappears into (two) non-issues.
Acts 1-8 is still God dealing with Israel first and everyone else second.

I guess that it's really hard for you (and way too many here) to see that throughout God's dealings with Israel, prophecy always shows the nations being blessed THROUGH the RISE Israel and NOT their FALL. Everyone gets the blessings, but in different ways.
Isa 59:20-60:6 KJV And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD. (21) As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever. (60:1) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. (2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. (3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. (4) Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. (5) Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee. (6) The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD.
These were some of the passages that the Lord Jesus was quoting when He spoke to the 12. This passage is why the Lord Jesus told THEM that THEY were the "light of the world".

Matthew 5 is almost completely quoting from Isaiah.
Isa 61:1-3 KJV The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; (2) To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; (3) To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
Mat 5:3-5 KJV Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (4) Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. (5) Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Continuing in Isaiah 61:
Isa 61:4-11 KJV And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. (5) And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. (6) But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. (7) For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them. (8) For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. (9) And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed. (10) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. (11) For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.
This is the glorious future of Israel and the whole world.

P.S. Do a comparison of the book of Isaiah and the book of Revelation and you're see that they contain many of the same details about the future.
Rev 21:24-27 KJV And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Interplanner

I guess that it's really hard for you (and way too many here) to see that throughout God's dealings with Israel, prophecy always shows the nations being blessed THROUGH the RISE Israel and NOT their FALL. Everyone gets the blessings, but in different ways.
Isa 59:20-60:6 KJV And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD. (21) As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever. (60:1) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. (2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. (3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. (4) Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. (5) Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee. (6) The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD.
These were some of the passages that the Lord Jesus was quoting when He spoke to the 12. This passage is why the Lord Jesus told THEM that THEY were the "light of the world".

Isa 61:1-3 KJV The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; (2) To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; (3) To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
Mat 5:3-5 KJV Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (4) Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. (5) Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Continuing in Isaiah 61:
Isa 61:4-11 KJV And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. (5) And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. (6) But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. (7) For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them. (8) For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. (9) And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed. (10) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. (11) For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

P.S. Do a comparison of the book of Isaiah and the book of Revelation and you're see that they contain many of the same details about the future.
Rev 21:24-27 KJV And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

No, the problemo here is that you don't see that these things are true in Christ. If I may be blunt: you are having the same problem that the disciples and indeed Judaism was having.

I agree: at first glance, cursory glance, it looks like it is about Israel as you go through Is 40-66. But we do not know Christ 'kata sarka' as 2 Cor 5 says. Not the ordinary sense.

Enter the NT interp of it all as given by Christ and through Paul. You end up in a completely different place. This is why there is no concern at all about the land in the NT; in fact, they all know that it is headed downhill into the fire.

How can you miss the attention on the nations in Acts 2. Those people would go home as missionaries (the Gospel moves even when people don't know all the significance of the facts they are conveying) to all those nations. Whether they intended to or not. There was no way to mention things in Jerusalem without the total surprise of the event of Pentecost; what else would they talk about?

How can you miss the nations being blessed right from the beginning of the promises or of the apostles preaching? That is the redirection that is reflected in Gal 3:17. Judaism thinks things need to be changed; Paul catches it. They've got it wrong. It always was justification by Christ for the nations, ever since Genesis 3!

Don't read the OT without the official handling of the NT which is the Christian sense.

Interplanner

Continuing in Isaiah 61:

If I were to summarize Acts13s official, sample, unhurried sermon, it would be: the resurrection replaces everything promised to Israel and is how they realize their destiny.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If I were to summarize Acts13s official, sample, unhurried sermon, it would be: the resurrection replaces everything promised to Israel and is how they realize their destiny.

No.

Christs resurrection has/will bought about the fulfillment of all of Gods promises to Israel beginning with the pouring out of His Spirit upon His Church, which is His Bride, the elect Lady, the Mother of Israel, from Pentecost onward. Isaiah ch 49.

Madists want God to bless the flesh, particularly their own.

LA

Interplanner

No.

Christs resurrection has/will bought about the fulfillment of all of Gods promises to Israel beginning with the pouring out of His Spirit upon His Church, which is His Bride, the elect Lady, the Mother of Israel, from Pentecost onward. Isaiah ch 49.

Madists want God to bless the flesh, particularly their own.

LA

It would be a bit more clear if you decided whether you mean has or will!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see two churches in the NT, one bound for heaven and one bound for the city that comes down from heaven.

Otherwise, words have no meaning. Let's chuck it all, and go watch a ballgame.

Why not accept the corrections of Gods word through Paul--

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Interplanner

You're just a mess.

Yes, I'm sure that to merge several key chapters of Paul into a coherent statement is a 'mess' to a theology-guy. I'm a historian first. That means you pin a letter to a time and situation first as you decide what it means.

I forgot; some other key self-organizing chapters of the NT would be 2 Cor 3-5 and Heb 8-10. I think it is fair to say that anyone who calls a synthesis of all of the above chapters a 'mess' had better completely start fresh.

Interplanner

We are not resurrected yet.

LA

But 'has' refers back to Christ's resurrection. That is the thing which fulfills all things, says eph 3 as well. Even we are raised in Him, because justification is that complete and is a very different topic from anything internal in our transformation.