My Core Beliefs

Jdorman

About the Bible
The Bible is the infallible Word of God and the authority for salvation and Christian living. (See II Timothy 3:15-17.)

About God
There is one God, who has revealed Himself as our Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is God manifested in flesh. He is both God and man. (See Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16.)

About Sin and Salvation

Everyone has sinned and needs salvation. Salvation comes by grace through faith based on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. (See Romans 3:23-25; 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9.)

About the Gospel

The saving gospel is the good news that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again. We obey the gospel (II Thessalonians 1:8; I Peter 4:17) by repentance (death to sin), water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (burial), and the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial sign of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance (resurrection). (See I Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 2:4, 37-39; Romans 6:3-4.)

About Christian Living
As Christians we are to love God and others. We should live a holy life inwardly and outwardly, and worship God joyfully. The supernatural gifts of the Spirit, including healing, are for the church today. (See Mark 12:28-31; II Corinthians 7:1; Hebrews 12:14; I Corinthians 12:8-10.)

About the Future
Jesus Christ is coming again to catch away His church. In the end will be the final resurrection and the final judgment. The righteous will inherit eternal life, and the unrighteous eternal death. (See I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:11-15.)

If anyone wants to talk more about why I believe the way I do or why they disagree, please message me! (it would be fun, really)
p.s. name calling is not a valid Biblical argument lol

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
About the Bible
The Bible is the infallible Word of God and the authority for salvation and Christian living. (See II Timothy 3:15-17.)

About God
There is one God, who has revealed Himself as our Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is God manifested in flesh. He is both God and man. (See Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16.)

About Sin and Salvation

Everyone has sinned and needs salvation. Salvation comes by grace through faith based on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. (See Romans 3:23-25; 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9.)

About the Gospel

The saving gospel is the good news that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again. We obey the gospel (II Thessalonians 1:8; I Peter 4:17) by repentance (death to sin), water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (burial), and the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial sign of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance (resurrection). (See I Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 2:4, 37-39; Romans 6:3-4.)

About Christian Living
As Christians we are to love God and others. We should live a holy life inwardly and outwardly, and worship God joyfully. The supernatural gifts of the Spirit, including healing, are for the church today. (See Mark 12:28-31; II Corinthians 7:1; Hebrews 12:14; I Corinthians 12:8-10.)

About the Future
Jesus Christ is coming again to catch away His church. In the end will be the final resurrection and the final judgment. The righteous will inherit eternal life, and the unrighteous eternal death. (See I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:11-15.)

If anyone wants to talk more about why I believe the way I do or why they disagree, please message me! (it would be fun, really)
p.s. name calling is not a valid Biblical argument lol
I agree. Good Statement of Faith, SOF !!!

Jdorman

1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV -

The fake tongues is only my opinion - I believe in some healing

In regards to the verse you posted, are you suggesting that knowledge has ceased as well?

The next verses say, "9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. "

What do you think "that which is perfect" is?

Also is it only tongues today that you find fake or the tongues in the book of Acts as well?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In regards to the verse you posted, are you suggesting that knowledge has ceased as well?

The next verses say, "9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. "

What do you think "that which is perfect" is?

Also is it only tongues today that you find fake or the tongues in the book of Acts as well?
No, I believe the tongues from the Bible are real and I believe we don't have much knowledge overall in the world today of scripture

Jdorman

No, I believe the tongues from the Bible are real and I believe we don't have much knowledge overall in the world today of scripture

Ok I got you. Verse 12 makes it sound like everything will be done away with when we no longer see in part. So then I ask again, how do you understand what "that which is perfect" is. How do you understand "face to face"?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ok I got you. Verse 12 makes it sound like everything will be done away with when we no longer see in part. So then I ask again, how do you understand what "that which is perfect" is. How do you understand "face to face"?
That which is perfect is Christ, and face to face is with Christ. Even then they prophesied in part and knew only in part

Jdorman

That which is perfect is Christ, and face to face is with Christ. Even then they prophesied in part and knew only in part

Wait, so if Christ was "that which is perfect" why did they still only knew in part? Your view suggests that "that which is perfect" had already come, but then why did he write what he did? I think that contradicts the verse. It seems more likely to me that it is referring to Christ but more specifically His next return. Which would mean that tongues etc. are not done away with yet.

anyway, keep replying and stuff :) I'm headed to bed but I'll post more tomorrow. Thanks for the challenge!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Wait, so if Christ was "that which is perfect" why did they still only knew in part? Your view suggests that "that which is perfect" had already come, but then why did he write what he did? I think that contradicts the verse. It seems more likely to me that it is referring to Christ but more specifically His next return. Which would mean that tongues etc. are not done away with yet.

anyway, keep replying and stuff :) I'm headed to bed but I'll post more tomorrow. Thanks for the challenge!
That's what I mean, His second coming - I thought that was obvious

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The righteous will inherit eternal life, and the unrighteous eternal death. (See I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:11-15.)

Why would the unrighteous receive eternal death? That makes no sense.