Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elohiym

NO ONE deserves God's grace.

You can't make the Bible say what it doesn't.

Nothing legalistic about it.

Sorry you and CS can't see that you are mired in legalism.

Even when we were dead in sins (undeserving)....

You add "undeserving" in parenthesis.

Eph. 2:4-5
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )​

Why?

It states right there why: "But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us."

We receive His mercy, His grace, all good things and chastisements because He is our Father and loves us. You want to argue that we don't deserve our Father's love?

Because we deserved it? NO. So that in the ages to come, He might show the exceeding riches of HIS GRACE .....through CHRIST JESUS.
Eph. 2:7
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.​

How on earth could you read that verse and conclude that we don't deserve His grace because He wants to "show the exceeding riches of His grace?" There is nothing in that verse to support your crazy notions.

Maybe you should just focus on following 1 Timothy 2:12?

A gift....underserved....NOT OF YOURSELVES....NOT OF WORKS...

The scriptures don't state a gift is undeserved, that's your addition again. In this case it was a gift promised to God's children in the time of Abraham. Logically whoever received the promise deserved the gift, else everyone would just have the gift and salvation would be universal.

Eph. 2: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph. 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

I've never claimed a gift is earned, just deserved. Ironically, you believe you are a child of God but other people are not, you have God's grace but they don't because you essentially think you earned it by believing the gospel.

Yet you want to boast, "I DESERVED God's mercy and Grace."

If it's a boast to claim my Father loves me, then I gladly boast. What is your claim? That you are undeserving of God's love, but because you believe a certain atonement doctrine you will not burn in Hell like the other guy.

Boasting is EXCLUDED, yet you humanists insist on boasting that you deserve God's Grace.

It's not boasting to claim God showed me mercy because he loved me as His child, but you are boasting when you claim he showed you mercy because you believed some atonement theory.

elohiym

Ephesians 2:8,9 is very clear.

It doesn't mean grace is unmerited, only that it's not earned by works.

A child merits his parent's love. It has nothing to do with having earned that love by doing chores. God is the Father of us all (Acts 17:28-29), which is why he loves the world, not just you and GD. I thought you used to believe this, but I obviously never knew you.

ClimateSanity

It doesn't mean grace is unmerited, only that it's not earned by works.

A child merits his parent's love. It has nothing to do with having earned that love by doing chores. God is the Father of us all (Acts 17:28-29), which is why he loves the world, not just you and GD. I thought you used to believe this, but I obviously never knew you.

????? I'm disagreeing with you and it merits your hateful attitude toward me???

We can do nothing to merit Grace. The Bible is very clear about that. God loves us because we are his children but we can do nothing to merit it. If he gives us Grace, its his doing.

if you are saying we don't do anything to merit Grace, then we are in agreement , and you can cut the snotty attitude.

musterion

If I walk back and forth in front of the cage of a hungry tiger carrying a raw t-bone in each hand, I'm going to bear some degree of responsibility for my stupidity if that tiger reaches its paw between the bars and snags me.

"What's your point? You'd be stupid for deliberately enticing a hungry animal to attack you,"

some here would say. And that is absolutely right. Except that some of those same have already equated rapists with animals, which I also agree with.

Difference is, it's impossible to know which men, and sometimes even women, are really sub-human animals awaiting a chance to victimize you. It's impossible to know with certainty who is who, or when.

The stupidest parts of all of these threads are the selective appeals to human rationality - you simply can't count on it, sometimes even when you think you safely can - and the selective application of personal responsibility...make unwise choices, like deliberately enticing what could be a hungry animal, and you're probably going to suffer for it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought you used to believe this, but I obviously never knew you.

Rather astonishing, isn't it? Thankfully some of us don't base our morals on who we like or dislike but rather on right VS wrong.

Due to the way glamour models (in their revealing and seductive clothing) present themselves, IF enticing men is the standard that is being used, they are immoral. At least that would be consistent.

bybee

Rather astonishing, isn't it? Thankfully some of us don't base our morals on who we like or dislike but rather on right VS wrong.

Due to the way glamour models (in their revealing and seductive clothing) present themselves, IF enticing men is the standard that is being used, they are immoral. At least that would be consistent.

Enticing men seems to pay off if one is willing to sell oneself.
If there were no market there would be no product.
People are free to make their own choices.
I thank God for His guiding hand in my life.
And I do not presume to think myself better than any other of His sons and daughters. I do, however, try to be a good witness and stay away from things that I find unappealing.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If I walk back and forth in front of the cage of a hungry tiger carrying a raw t-bone in each hand, I'm going to bear some degree of responsibility for my stupidity if that tiger reaches its paw between the bars and snags me.

some here would say. And that is absolutely right. Except that some of those same have already equated rapists with animals, which I also agree with.

Difference is, it's impossible to know which men, and sometimes even women, are really sub-human animals awaiting a chance to victimize you. It's impossible to know with certainty who is who, or when.

The stupidest parts of all of these threads are the selective appeals to human rationality - you simply can't count on it, sometimes even when you think you safely can - and the selective application of personal responsibility...make unwise choices, like deliberately enticing what could be a hungry animal, and you're probably going to suffer for it.

Problem being, what we might subjectively consider skimpy, provocative, alluring, or even "immoral" attire varies from person to person, and even dressing "modestly," by some sweeping standard, doesn't guarantee a thing. You seem to suggest bundling up--or something--because women should assume the worst. Unfortunately, often being a woman is dangerous enough.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You seem to suggest bundling up--or something--because women should assume the worst. Unfortunately, often being a woman is dangerous enough.

You nailed it. Unfortunately. Life is more dangerous based on a person's gender. What we have seen (insofar as the double standards and attitudes towards women) is that it is reasonable to assume the worst.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Enticing men seems to pay off if one is willing to sell oneself.
If there were no market there would be no product.
People are free to make their own choices.
I thank God for His guiding hand in my life.
And I do not presume to think myself better than any other of His sons and daughters. I do, however, try to be a good witness and stay away from things that I find unappealing.

Indeed ... and that is because you are a decent person.

Greg Jennings

Am I to understand from this that if a naked woman was walking in front of you, you simply could not control yourself any more than a tiger would if you held a steak in front of it?

Perhaps you need counseling of some sort. Most decent human beings have some semblance of self-control

Greg Jennings

You stupid clot if I lost control of my tongue you would be the first to benefit. But as it is, I know that God loves you just as God loves me.
Your arrogance is duly noted. You have nothing to say to me that has any Christian love in it at all.

You are a rarity, Bybee. A Christian who lives up to the title. I have seen you act as Jesus wanted his followers to. If anyone on this forum is worthy of him, it is you.

GD likes to pass judgement on others while pretending she is better than they. Don't get too worked up over her. You are her better

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Am I to understand from this that if a naked woman was walking in front of you, you simply could not control yourself any more than a tiger would if you held a steak in front of it?

Perhaps you need counseling of some sort. Most decent human beings have some semblance of self-control

I am not really understanding the animal comparison. As human beings, we are more intelligent and have a better sense of right VS wrong.

Perhaps I am being overly optimistic when I say this, however, IMO, there are more men who would offer a coat to a woman walking in front of them as compared to those who would attack her.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Good thing we don't get what we deserve.] Some don't like that. They think you need to deserve what you get.
That makes one a legalist (Phil 3:5). :eek:linger:

They cling to the old reap what you sow and eye for an eye bit.
His mercy is from old. His wrath is from old, too. Rom. 2:5–8 :popcorn:

Mercy is beyond their scope.
:yawn: Christians love God's mercy. :straight: Ps. 25:6

“If you take part of the truth, and try to make that part of the truth, all of the truth, then that part of the truth becomes an untruth.” ~ Adrian Rogers

musterion

A woman walks around naked in front of me quite often and has for years. We get along just fine.

A homosexual wouldn't understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.