Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukecash12

The mentality of God toward sin is impressive, it cannot stop salvation, rendering an eternal punishing hell as useless. God does not need a permanent pain amphlifier for humans. Notice Isaiah 1:18, " Come now, let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." Unbelief and rejecting Christ are scarlet sins for sure, yet here is eternal hope for that condition. A definite transformation that God willingly gives away to all. No matter who you meet that are presently in those conditions, you cannot condemn them; remember when you were in it?

What great hope for sinners.

What would be impressive is if you could spend at least a single post explaining why the passages which contradict you, either don't actually contradict you or are not truthful.

Mickiel

One of the Christians here accused me of not knowing God, as is their habit in conversations. I don't know God, not like I would want to, but let me show you the future of everyone like me, including unbelievers who reject Christ; Hebrews 8:11, " And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord; for ALL shall know me, from the least to the greatest!"

Oh some Christians may slander you now for not knowing God, but your time to know him is coming! Its scripture; its a promise! Its pre-destiny. Its a done deal made in heaven, for you! And believers in God cannot take that future away from you, they cannot touch what is stored in heaven for you. God loves us; ALL of us; he is not a respecter of persons.

Stuu

The mentality of God toward sin is impressive, it cannot stop salvation, rendering an eternal punishing hell as useless. God does not need a permanent pain amphlifier for humans. Notice Isaiah 1:18, " Come now, let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." Unbelief and rejecting Christ are scarlet sins for sure, yet here is eternal hope for that condition. A definite transformation that God willingly gives away to all. No matter who you meet that are presently in those conditions, you cannot condemn them; remember when you were in it?

What great hope for sinners.
Apostasy is faster. If you're not an Abrahamist then you're not a sinner.

Of course if you turn away from christianity, your conscience might dictate that you actually take responsibility for your own wrongdoing rather than abandoning it to an ancient Jewish scapegoat.

Stuart

Mickiel

Apostasy is faster. If you're not an Abrahamist then you're not a sinner.

Of course if you turn away from christianity, your conscience might dictate that you actually take responsibility for your own wrongdoing rather than abandoning it to an ancient Jewish scapegoat.

Stuart

Oh I am a sinner, but my sin no longer haunts me because I can read the bible and see that forgiveness turns God on. The Christian version of hell has no intimidation over my spirit.

In Micah 7:18, "Who is a God like you, that pardons sin and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger forever, because he delights in Mercy!" This is how God really is; he digs Mercy, he likes it! God takes great Joy in showing Mercy to humans who need it. What a being this God is.

Because of the way God is, there is no need for eternal hell or death.

Stuu

Oh I am a sinner, but my sin no longer haunts me because I can read the bible and see that forgiveness turns God on. The Christian version of hell has no intimidation over my spirit.
I have never been a sinner. I am not christian, muslim or Jewish. I have never felt any spiritual intimidation. It seems a laughable idea anyway.

Because of the way God is, there is no need for eternal hell or death.
That's very positive of you.

Because I am a human I have no need for eternal hell either.

Death is a different matter. I do need that for the one life I know I have to have meaning.

Otherwise it would be like living in the hell that is the biblical description of heaven. That appears to have no meaning at all.

Stuart

Mickiel

Let me show you somethingelse; in order for the Christian hell to be true, that means God would have to cast humans off forever. Look at Lam.3:31-32, " For the Lord will not cast off forever, but though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies." God will NOT cast humans into hell forever, not the Christian hell or the grave! He is TOO merciful! God has a MULTITUDE of Mercy! Unlimited and there for unbelievers! There for evil humans; there for all who require it.

This is how God really is!

ttruscott

Why would God need a place like this traditional eternal hell? Why would he co-exist with such a place in eternity? Does God need a garbage dump for humans? How and when did the grave become the traditional explination of hell?

Not the grave, but the outer darkness:

Please consider:
IF we are created as eternal spirits and
IF we self re-create ourselves as eternally evil by our free will and
IF a little leaven leavens the whole lump means that a little sin corrupts the whole of created reality

THEN it is a necessity that GOD, in HIS love for HIS family within the heavenly experience cleanse all of created reality of the people who are eternally evil by banishing them to outside of created reality (since it is not infinite), that place called the outer darkness, so that heaven is swept clean of all sinful taint.

The purposes of the banishment are found in HIS love for and protection of HIS family in heaven AND NOT the intent to cause suffering although to be in the outer darkness certainly is to feel it as suffering.

Thus given the right premises hell is a logical necessity forced upon GOD the moment anyone chose an eternal sin and is the essence of everything we understand to be good and fair.

Mickiel

I have never been a sinner. I am not christian, muslim or Jewish. I have never felt such intimidation. It seems laughable anyway.

That's very positive of you.

Because I am a human I have no need for eternal hell either.

Death is a different matter. I do need that for the one life I know I have to have meaning, and for the planet not to have become hopelessly overpopulated before I was even born.

Otherwise it would be like living in the hell that is the biblical description of heaven. That appears to have no meaning at all.

Stuart

I am not Christian, Jewish or Muslim either, but I believe it is once appointed for humans to die. Heaven has meaning to me, because it is supposed to for now; to those it has no meaning to, its not supposed to now have meaning.

Mickiel

Not the grave, but the outer darkness:

Please consider:
IF we are created as eternal spirits and
IF we self re-create ourselves as eternally evil by our free will and
IF a little leaven leavens the whole lump means that a little sin corrupts the whole of created reality

THEN it is a necessity that GOD, in HIS love for HIS family within the heavenly experience cleanse all of created reality of the people who are eternally evil by banishing them to outside of created reality (since it is not infinite), that place called the outer darkness, so that heaven is swept clean of all sinful taint.

The purposes of the banishment are found in HIS love for and protection of HIS family in heaven AND NOT the intent to cause suffering although to be in the outer darkness certainly is to feel it as suffering.

Thus given the right premises hell is a logical necessity forced upon GOD the moment anyone chose an eternal sin and is the essence of everything we understand to be good and fair.

I totally disagree. Heaven has LONG existed before the earth was even created, and it needed no hell, no place for evil. This physical existence is temporary, as is evil and sin; that condition was created when man was, there was no prior need for a place of outer darkness, no prior need to protect heaven from a threat that never existed. And that threat will NOT exist after God throws it into the lake of fire. I don't fall for that protectionist theory as a need for hell.

way 2 go

Let me show you somethingelse; in order for the Christian hell to be true, that means God would have to cast humans off forever. Look at Lam.3:31-32, " For the Lord will not cast off forever, but though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies." God will NOT cast humans into hell forever, not the Christian hell or the grave! He is TOO merciful! God has a MULTITUDE of Mercy! Unlimited and there for unbelievers! There for evil humans; there for all who require it.

This is how God really is!

God is merciful
but once you die salvation by faith is no longer possible
because you will know there is a God.

Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment

Mickiel

God is merciful

I totally disagree, in fact I think the Great White Throne Judgment will be the greatest day of salvation because of Isaiah 45:23, the Holy Vow of God to save all, and Jesus prophesy stating that if he be killed, he will draw ALL men to him; all men have NEVER been drawn to Christ in this life, so it is a prophesy concerning a time to come in the future; Christianity cannot remove this salvation from humanity; you cannot reduce it, you cannot pervert it, you cannot take this great salvation away.

Mickiel

God is merciful

Allow me to give more reasons why death cannot stop salvation; of course scripture, not my opinion;

Romans 14: 7-9, " For none of us liveth to himself and no man dieth to himself, for whether we live, we live unto the Lord, and whether we die, we die unto the Lord; whether we are alive or dead, we are the Lords. For to this end Christ both died and rose, that he may be Lord of BOTH the living and the dead."

Just because a human dies in their sin, does not stop the salvation of God. And that is good news!

OCTOBER23

TO KEEP YOU FROM DELIBERATELY REBELLING AGAINST GOD :nono::nono:

IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU. :thumb:

Mickiel

TO KEEP YOU FROM DELIBERATELY REBELLING AGAINST GOD :nono::nono:

IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU. :thumb:

No, this is a human motivation for hell to exist; people who need a threat to keep them inline; believers who NEED a fear to substain their motivation; believers who need a crutch to walk.

Lon

....You....my...I....you....my....you....I guess....you....yourself...your...you...glad I have been....you....You've ......your...you hate me...you..Perhaps you...you...your...
:idunno:▲direct quote▲ same as last time.
I...Lets imagine...You...we...I just know so...we...we would...would we?

Or do we...And you !

you...you...your...you...["I" think] That is insane.
I didn't add one word "I" meaning you [overtly beyond implied] "Think" [implied, because you were thinking it, not me, not another]. You might have thought the two were additions, but implied, in braces, is proper quotation and 100% accurate and the way quotes are done. I can't imagine "I think" was what set you off. I wonder if even now, you realize this is all about "You" and "I" and that I posted a link to scriptures from "God." :think:

Mickiel

In 1 John 4:14 Jesus is sent by God to save the world, in John 4:42 Jesus is again called " The Savior of the World!" How could Jesus be called this if he does not save the world? The biblical concept of Jesus being a world Savior, cancels out a need for eternal hell, and again its good news for unbelievers. People can reject Christ and still fall under this world salvation, there is no greater chance for all of humanity.

The world is saved under this concept; that long list of unbelievers that religion is quick to send to their hell, is rescued and rehabilitated. God is interested in the total rehabilitation of mankind, and the true gospel will supply that.

Lon

No, this is a human motivation for hell to exist; people who need a threat to keep them inline; believers who NEED a fear to substain their motivation; believers who need a crutch to walk.
Still just "you" "I" rationalizations rather than "God." Sad that...

way 2 go

I totally disagree, in fact I think the Great White Throne Judgment will be the greatest day of salvation because of Isaiah 45:23, the Holy Vow of God to save all, and Jesus prophesy stating that if he be killed, he will draw ALL men to him; all men have NEVER been drawn to Christ in this life, so it is a prophesy concerning a time to come in the future; Christianity cannot remove this salvation from humanity; you cannot reduce it, you cannot pervert it, you cannot take this great salvation away.

judgement day is going to be a very bad day for you

once you die salvation by faith is no longer possible

Rom 3:22 even the righteousness of God through the faith of Jesus Christ, toward all and upon all those who believe. For there is no difference,

Mickiel

Talk of eternal hell waters down salvation and its true greatness; more over it limits a good look at how God really is. In Psalms 145:8-9, "The Lord is gracious and FULL of compassion; slow to anger and of GREAT Mercy! The Lord is good TO ALL and his TENDER Mercies are all over his works!" Look at how God is described! FULL of compassion; literally full of it. Great Mercy; tender mercy.

So everything God represents will be GOOD for ALL! Eternal hell is good for nothing.

Mickiel

judgement day is going to be a very bad day for you

The threats of Christians is meaningless to me, because I know the promises in the bible. Those promises set me free from condemning believers. Judgment day is the day of salvation for all of humanity; it will be a Great good day, which is WHY it is called the Great Judgment, because salvation makes it great.

Christianity is just trying to insinuate that the condemning of billions of humans would be great. Condemnation is not great, its sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.