NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Super Bowl prediction. The Panthers can do enough offensively to win a close game. Denver messed Brady up but Cam will provide more difficulty with his ability to run and pass.

The key to beat a defense like Denver is to have a sizable advantage at the line of scrimmage (doesn't exist in todays NFL) or Kurt Warner/Dan Marino quick passing. The passes don't have to be bombs. High percentage attempts and yards after the catch. And I don't know if Manning has it right now, or any more for that matter.

I agree about Carolina being able to muster just enough points in low scoring game.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The key to beat a defense like Denver is to have a sizable advantage at the line of scrimmage (doesn't exist in todays NFL) or Kurt Warner/Dan Marino quick passing. The passes don't have to be bombs. High percentage attempts and yards after the catch.

NE does use quick passing.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
NE does use quick passing.

Brady is not as good as Marino or Warner. And he only has one target. The Rams in 99 just got by Tennessee on that recipe. I think Carolina can do just enough.

I'm not going to get into it about Brady. He has been off the charts legendary good since 2007. And Jay Cutler mediocre before it while winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 seasons.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Carolina will look at the 2nd half of the NE game and cheat up early, daring Manning to show he can throw the long ball by giving up one on one. Then it's about two things. Can he? And can Thomas have the game he hasn't so far in the playoffs. A yes to those two and Denver wins the game. A no and it's going to be a long day for Broncos fans.

I think Peyton can do more than we've seen in a while. I think he knows this is it, will be numbed and throwing understanding that crutches may be on the podium with him at the end. I think the Bronco defense is even better than their numbers and will give Carolina something it hasn't run into early. And that's when Peyton and Thomas will have to answer the questions.

If I was Carolina I'd defer to the Broncos if I won the coin toss and try to hit them in the mouth and make them remember the Seattle SB. If I was Denver I'd defer and hit Cam in the mouth, harass the wrs and make them realize they're in a game.

I just hope it's a great one and not a sad capstone on a rare career that went a season too far...though if it looks like that going to half we may see two young men battling in the second half for the beginning of a new legacy.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought Carolina could have done a little more in the first half. Hold on to it when they slam you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:yawn: Carolina was 15-1? The 1984 49ers and the 1985 Bears would destroy this Panthers' team.
Most of their victories came against teams with losing records, but they looked sharp before today. I think it has more to do with the defense they're facing, which is much better than the pts allowed tells you, in part because the offense of Denver has been fairly ineffective and kept them on the field.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Panther D line is really getting to Peyton late. And they're a score away from a lead, so Peyton and company need to produce some points.

Status
Not open for further replies.