ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why does Paul speak of the Gospel in the singular if his is different from Peter's? Just asking

Paul's isn't different than Peter's

There is only one gospel.

If there was more than one gospel, Paul would have spoken in the plural.

That was like a low hanging curveball.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul's isn't different than Peter's

If there was more than one gospel, Paul would have spoken in the plural.

That was like a low hanging curveball.

Which one would that be; Acts 2:38 or 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

john w

Hall of Fame
I thought you guys were supposed to be secure in your salvation?

Why would you care if someone else thinks your not saved?

It has never bothered be one bit every time you tell me to "get saved" because I am secure in my salvation.

Quite irrelevant. You made the charge, punk.

Now, defend it, wimp.

And you are not saved. My evidence? You admit that you pervert the gospel of Christ, assert Judas was saved, preaching 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, and assert that the Lord Jesus Christ is not a mediator.

Depending how you define "lost"(in a non-salvation way), you guys are very lost in the false teachings of Darby and Bullinger.

Spam. I did not ask that. Are we lost, as in not saved from the wages of sin, which is spiritual death, if we, as alleged "Darby followers," "deny that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough."

Answer the question, punk.

As I predicted:

"Watch the spineless wimp punt......"

I did not ask that, wimp, accuser of the brethren. You "argued:"

"Not to mention, Darby followers deny that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough. They claim people in the future will have to sacrifice animals for sin atonement."-Craigie Tet.

Craigie's satanic accusation. His father, the accuser, taught him well.

Can one deny that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough, and still be saved, Craigie?

Yes, or no.

Are we lost, Craigie, since we allegedly "deny that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough?"

Watch the spineless wimp punt......

achduke

(Romans 11:25) I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

Same mystery is found in the parable of the prodigal son.
I can see this. I see the prodigal son as Judah and Joseph. Judah thinks he obeyed the Father while Joseph ran away to be with the Gentiles. Eventually Joseph will return.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Show us where Peter ever preached this "one gospel"/one good news, of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, in Matthew-John, prior to the dbr, while preaching "the gospel(good news) of the kingdom."

(1 Cor 15:3) For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

This was taught before the cross:

(Matt 16:11) From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Let's look at the next verse:

(1 Cor 15:4) that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

See Matt 16:11 above.

You might want to reconsider claiming no one taught 1 Cor 15:1-4 before Paul.

john w

Hall of Fame

Made up.
=Satanism, for all to see, asserting there is just one piece of good news in the book, and that Judas preached:

"Christ is going to die for your sins....Be raised again for your justification......Believe this good news to be saved, like I did!!!"

Satanic pawn. That is AKA as Preterism.

Tell us Craigie- when did your patron saint Judas, learn that the Master would rise from the dead, part of the foundation of the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news?

musterion

Same gospel, two very drastically different groups of people.

Why? Same gospel, you insist, and no distinction between Jews and Gentiles. You've not even tried explaining why God drafted Paul when He already had Peter, James, John and the others. The reason is...you don't know.

You're fooling yourself if you think one man could preach the same thing to a Jew born and raised under the law, and a pagan Gentile who never heard of the gospel.
Romans 1:16.

Paul preached to both groups. He preached to the Jews born under the law, and he preached to pagan Gentiles.
And Peter did not.

Nowhere in any of Paul's epistles does he ever even hint that he preached two different gospels.
I never said he did.

Flail, Tet, flail.

DAN P

I can see this. I see the prodigal son as Judah and Joseph. Judah thinks he obeyed the Father while Joseph ran away to be with the Gentiles. Eventually Joseph will return.

Hi and what has Judah and Joseph have to do wiyh Rom 11:25 ??:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Exactly

The House of Israel is referred to as "Joseph", "Ephraim", and "Israel" in different passages.

When Joseph returned, Judah was very jealous and angry at his Father.

(Rom 11:14) in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The Bible says that believers will be perfected in the Kingdom. Paul wrote to varying degrees of weak, flawed and carnal believers, who still very much exist. Square that circle or continue your perfect batting average of stupid.

The kingdom is inside man.

Try and understand the difference between in Christ, and Christ being formed in.

Paul had to travail in birth again to some.

Bottom line is all fall short of entering the rest.

john w

Hall of Fame
(1 Cor 15:3) For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

(Matt 16:11) From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

(1 Cor 15:4) that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Deception-he deletes scripture.

Luke 18 KJV

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

Read it punk-later in the ministry, only years after preaching the gospel of the kingdom, they knew NADA about the impending dbr-it was hid from them.

And yet, for 3 years, the 12 were preaching the gospel of the kingdom.

Mark 9 KJV
31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. 32 But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him.

Caught, in another lie.

The 11, even after the resurrection occurred, did not initially believe it, as you've been shown punk. None of them knew of the impending dbr, while preaching the gospel of the kingdom.

You satanically made that up..

Nowhere did the 12(which included Craigie's Saint Judas), ever preached, prior to the dbr..
"Hey everyone!!!! Good news!!!! The Master is going to die for our/your sins...be buried,......raised again for your justification!!!! Believe this good news, to be saved/justified!!!!!!!!!!!!"

=1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV

Even the Lord Jesus Christ did not preach this during His earthly ministry, as a basis of justification-he merely prophesied of it- not even revealing until late in His ministry, that He was to die, while, up until this time, the 12, including Judas, were preaching the same good news that He was-"the gospel of the kingdom." Peter tried twice to prevent His death, the very death, that was the basis for his reconciliation, a "pre-req" to justification. And on, and on....

Matthew 16:11 punk?

How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?

Tet-the habitual liar of TOL.

achduke

Exactly

The House of Israel is referred to as "Joseph", "Ephraim", and "Israel" in different passages.

When Joseph returned, Judah was very jealous and angry at his Father.

(Rom 11:14) in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them.
I think Joseph is still returning and will not complete his journey until the last day but that is for a different thread.

Right Divider

Body part
MADists claim to be followers of Paul.

Luke said the following about Paul:

(Acts 28:23) They arranged to meet Paul on a certain day, and came in even larger numbers to the place where he was staying. He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus.

Why didn't Paul preach 1 Cor 15:1-4 to these Jews?
Because you can't get them there until they believe that Christ was the messiah.

Wow, that was a hard one.

john w

Hall of Fame

One more time, to protect the sheep/babes, from the satanic Preterist Craigie, the habitual liar of TOL...

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV "gospel"

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Survey the book...

1.The 12 did not know of the impending dbr-it was hid from them, until later in the Lord's ministry-and yet, prior to them knowing, they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom:"

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31-32 KJV

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

You lied again, for all of TOL to witness, to defend your satanic Preterism.

2. Peter tried to prevent the Lord Jesus Christ's death, and His death was a key component of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee" Mt. 16:21-22 KJV

Read it-from that time forth....began to shew" them.

Peter was clueless that He would die.

"And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him." Mark 8:31-32 KJV

3. Even after the Lord's death, burial, and resurrection, the 12 initially did not believe it:

"And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted." Mt. 28:17 KJV

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11 KJV

"And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not." Luke 24:9-11 KJV

" And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?" Luke 24:41 KJV

Therefore, they were not preaching the dbr, "the gospel" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, as a basis of justification, at least prior to its occurrence, but they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom. Therefore, they are not the same "the" gospels, "good news." This "argument" that there is just one "the gospel," just one piece of good news, self-destructs, "commits suicide". There is plenty of "good news"(and bad news) in the book-the context tells us what "good news"/gospel is in view.

Right Divider

Body part
Why does Paul speak of the Gospel in the singular if his is different from Peter's? Just asking
BR, if there really was just one gospel there would never be a need to say anything but, "the gospel". But in scripture the gospels are typically identified, as in "the gospel of the kingdom or the gospel of the grace of God". The OF explains which one is being spoke about.

The "one true gospel" folks get their undies all in a bunch when we point this simple fact out to them.

Also, the fact that ALL of the gospels in Matthew-Revelation are connected with Jesus Christ also confuses them into thinking that they are all identical.

One very well known "Bible teacher" that I heard on the radio the other day is one of those "there's only one gospel" types and it makes him say silly stuff like, "the good news of the gospel". He didn't even realize how dumb (and redundant) that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.