ECT Answering CRs question--

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
When LA first believed, it was after I had bought a new translation of the NT and to my surprise I could understand it, not because the writing was clearer.

I began to know that Jesus was real, so much so that I began to tell everyone that he was real.

Some laughed it off and others just thought about it.

When my sister and brother in law got wind of it, they came and asked me what I was looking for, which was a strange thing to say, and they went their way , but a few weeks or months later they invited me to hear an evangelist speaking in a full gospel church.

The Lord spoke to inside of me and when they gave an alter call I responded after the Lord appeared to me.

Now I can not say that I was born from above at that time or when I first believed, because when the Holy Spirit did enter me, healing of my lungs occurred and I was filled with such joy that the one who had laid hands on me and prayed over me (not knowing what he should do because he thought I was being difficult) were wondering of it as my tears had turned to such joy.

There you have it, but I could go further.

I do not accept that one is born again when first believing or that one is baptized into the body of Christ when first believing or even when spoken to by the Lord.

Why men fight so hard to maintain a position which precludes them from going on to something further, can only be because of the sense of fear of their flesh and spirit losing dominance over their life.

Men do not die very easily if they are not overcome by love to give it.

LA

When David went wrong his joy was turned to mourning, he cried "Restore to me the JOY of my salvation"

You need to do that.

Cross Reference

So what is the point of it all CR?

LA

The point is to know God and Jesus Christ. While knowing Peter and Paul is good, neither can take you Home to Father's House. The pathway there is by revelation truth; by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit per John 20:22. "He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you. John 16:14-15 (ESV) (Acts 2 is for that reason and is the first example of its happening)

Both Peter and Paul tell us that. Study the ways of God by learning the ways of Jesus Christ, the man __ not Paul or Peter, who were learning themselves, it being a lifelong process that will conform us to the image of God "if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel" both men preached, along with John . . . especially to by pursuing God as Father by understanding John in his letter 1John 1 and 2ff. It is very key to our understanding the why of the whole gospel given by Peter and Paul.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The point is to know God and Jesus Christ. While knowing Peter and Paul is good, neither can take you Home to Father's House. The pathway there is by revelation truth; by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit per John 20:22. "He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you. John 16:14-15 (ESV) (Acts 2 is for that reason and is the first example of its happening)

Both Peter and Paul tell us that. Study the ways of God by learning the ways of Jesus Christ, the man __ not Paul or Peter, who were learning themselves, it being a lifelong process that will conform us to the image of God "if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel" both men preached, along with John . . . especially to by pursuing God as Father by understanding John in his letter 1John 1 and 2ff. It is very key to our understanding the why of the whole gospel given by Peter and Paul.

Okay.

While it is noble to desire to be like Jesus Christ, what is the purpose of that in this life?

LA

Cross Reference

Okay.

While it is noble to desire to be like Jesus Christ, what is the purpose of that in this life?

LA

". . . . . . that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." John 17:22-23 (KJV)

I would suggest you read the whole chapter followed by 1John 2.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
". . . . . . that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." John 17:22-23 (KJV)

I would suggest you read the whole chapter followed by 1John 2.

" the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me"

So what is the purpose in that?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
O! Well maybe that's "mystery" everyone here is talking about. :rolleyes:

There is always a purpose to everything.

I will take a stab at it, but I thought Chambers might have something on it.

A healthy and mature tree produces much fruit.

but the process of multiplication is--

Joh 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Also look at Gen ch 18 and--

Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
Amo 3:8 The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken, who can but prophesy?

LA

Cross Reference

There is always a purpose to everything.

I will take a stab at it, but I thought Chambers might have something on it.

A healthy and mature tree produces much fruit.

but the process of multiplication is--

Joh 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Also look at Gen ch 18 and--

Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
Amo 3:8 The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken, who can but prophesy?

LA

Yes. It is the "know"ledge of Himself to those "who love Him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength" and never stop pursuing because they "know" there is more.