ECT MADists don't follow Paul

musterion

Philo [The Embassy to Gaius, 36] and Josephus [Antiquities, 15.2.2; 23.12] inform us that Babylon contained a great many Jews in the apostolic age (whereas those at Rome were comparatively few, about eight thousand [Josephus, Antiquities, 17.11]); so it would naturally be visited by the apostle of the circumcision. It was the headquarters of those whom he had so successfully addressed on Pentecost, Ac 2:9, Jewish "Parthians … dwellers in Mesopotamia" (the Parthians were then masters of Mesopotamian Babylon); these he ministered to in person.
Tettle's reply:

Yeah, well, what does Josephus know. It's not like he was inspired. Except when he described 70. There he was inspired. Not here.

musterion

The earliest distinct authority for Peter's martyrdom at Rome is Dionysius, bishop of Corinth, in the latter half of the second century. The desirableness of representing Peter and Paul, the two leading apostles, as together founding the Church of the metropolis, seems to have originated the tradition.

Clement of Rome [First Epistle to the Corinthians, 4.5], often quoted for, is really against it. He mentions Paul and Peter together, but makes it as a distinguishing circumstance of Paul that he preached both in the East and West, implying that Peter never was in the West [which, as far as Scripture is concerned, is true].

In 2Pe 1:14, he says, "I must shortly put off this tabernacle," implying his martyrdom was near, yet he makes no allusion to Rome, or any intention of his visiting it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tettle's reply:

Yeah, well, what does Josephus know. It's not like he was inspired. Except when he described 70. There he was inspired. Not here.

The city of Babylon did not exist in the first century, and hasn't existed since over a hundred years before Christ.

The Persians, and others still referred to the area as "Babylon" in the first century, and up until the Muslims took over in the 7th century.

If you would try paying attention, the topic was Jerusalem, New Jerusalem and Babylon. They are all cities.

The city of Babylon didn't exist in Peter's lifetime.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who was James written to?

Hebrews.

If you want to start basing books of the NT by who they are written to in the salutations, then you won't find too many written to you.

Is 1 Timothy for you?

Is your name Timothy?

(1 Tim 1:2) To Timothy my true son in the faith:...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hebrews.

If you want to start basing books of the NT by who they are written to in the salutations, then you won't find too many written to you.

Is 1 Timothy for you?

Is your name Timothy?

(1 Tim 1:2) To Timothy my true son in the faith:...

Take a chill pill pal. Just because you hate JW doesn't mean
you have to hate everybody. Good advise huh? Paul wrote to members
of the Body of Christ (gentiles) in Romans through
Philemon. There now, isn't that simple enough for you?

Of course, you being part of the Preterist cult may have trouble
with that and other truths?

achduke

Paul didn't teach MAD.

Paul was a minister of the new covenant.

MAD denies the new covenant is even in place.

What MAD teaches is in direct opposition to what the Apostle Paul taught.
Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--

Jeremiah 31:33 "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the LORD, I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Ezekiel 36:27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

This was all started in Acts.

Act 1:8 "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

whitestone

You keep missing the point.

The early church fathers were all over the place on their doctrinal positions.

However, what Darby invented in the mid 1800's cannot be found in any writings from the early church fathers.

Preterism on the other hand can be found in almost all of the early church fathers in some form, despite the fact that a lot of them were chiliasists (millennialists)

lol, the very next decision is the very reason why I say "neophyte dispy". ,,,that is as I've said the dispy in you comes out when you let your guard down.

That is they are "all over the place in their doctrinal positions" the new covenant that God put in Trophos mind on the 1000 years,God removed and made another so he then had a change of heart?

There is a new covenant in Barnabas and Irenaeus and others and they adhere to 6 days are 6000 years? The new covenant made with them is the same? One church father thinks it it all fulfilled,another believes it is not? One says this is the covenant another, another?

You say this is fulfilled yet the Catholic,the Pentecostal,the Methodist,the Jehovah witness,the amils,the premills,the chilliast,the Baptist ect.ect. all have the same covenant written in their hearts and the same law put in their minds?

Which of the two do you believe an A2D believes, what? If they are all "all over the place",,and they all have the same covenant in their minds and in their hearts is the lord the author of confusion?