Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Merry Christmas to all the creationists and science lovers !!

Dear patrick jane,

I hope you had a Merry Christmas too!! I cannot PM you or Visitor Message you. You've got me all wrong and you don't know it. Ask others who I PM to, like 6days, alwight, and iouae. I'm just fine. We just encountered an unusual, bad communication, which was very easy to see it would happen. It was just a misunderstanding.

Happy New Year To You!!

Michael

:angel: :cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :rapture: :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks for the tip.

And good work dealing with that ICR crap.
I've already told Michael before, when you have to lie through your teeth to defend your position, maybe it's time to rethink it :)

Dear TheDuke,

I am not lying through my teeth. What do you mean? Because I changed my mind on something?? Haven't you done that before??

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think you have just confirmed my argument. You don't like evolution by natural selection, even though it is true, because you would rather believe something that fits with other things you like to believe are true.

On the subject of the Catholic church, I'm not sure if you have heard of the case of Edgardo Mortara who was a Jewish boy taken from his parents after a domestic servant baptised him thinking he was mortally sick. Canon law in the papal states of the 19th Century said that a christian child could not be raised by non-christians, even if they were the parents. And Edgardo was now officially a Catholic. A splash of water went a long way, obviously! And I think that Canon law is still in place in the Catholic church to this day.

Stuart

Dear Stuu,

You really like to argue, don't you? They must have baptized him with full immersion, I believe. That is what I had. I did have the Holy Ghost visit me twice before I was baptized with water/full immersion. So wonderful. I feel complete.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, I was wondering which of the two you're missing, now it's apparent that you're missing both :)

You see, what seems reasonable to every person may be different, but the proof is in the pudding, my friend.

You can believe whatever you want, like Michael, who thinks every snow flake is hand-crafted by his saviour, or that humans were made to be via a Golem-spell. Whatever makes you happy.

I don't believe every snowflake is handcrafted at all. You are insane. Humans were created by God. Not by your rendition. The proof is in the pudding, because God will show you the Truth soon enough. Then, you will be bummed terribly.

But do this, knowing that you're missing so much of the beauty of our world and ironically, thanks to your limitless deliberate ignorance, you'll never learn to appreciate the entire majestic splendour of your god's own creation.

So pitiful!

"That's why the broken, the poor, the addicts are crowding into the kingdom of heaven"

So instead of trying to improve your life here, you'd rather cling onto the desperate hope of having a better one after death. Is there a more cowardly mangy attitude possible? You're demonstrating the very magnitude of brilliance of the best minds of our ancestors who figured out how to brake the chains of self-imposed misery. Those people to whom we owe everything and should be forever grateful. Too bad you just don't get it. But that's ok, it was already said before, "religion is opium!"

We do improve our lives here and we also go to a better life after this one, but you do not. You're going to regret it terribly!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's the kind of thing that the many evil dictators say.

But thanks for your opinion on what your god thinks. Does it approve of you guessing its motives?

Couldn't you argue that Uzzah will end up in the lake of fire for directly defying your god?

Stuart

Dear Stuu,

Uzzah won't end up in the lake of fire, but you sure are heading for it speedily. I think I'm tired of trying to hope you'd see the light and find real happiness. You are going to wish that you listened to me and all of us. It's not just me, you know. Ask the thousands of Christian churches to check you out and let them tell you what they think. It will be the same thing as what I just told you. You are headed for disaster and you'd rather be a smartaleck rather than correcting your life. I give up on trying to help you. I'm tired of all of this. Some will go to Heaven and some will go to Hell. I now see why God made both.

Michael

Stuu

Dear Stuu,

Uzzah won't end up in the lake of fire, but you sure are heading for it speedily. I think I'm tired of trying to hope you'd see the light and find real happiness. You are going to wish that you listened to me and all of us. It's not just me, you know. Ask the thousands of Christian churches to check you out and let them tell you what they think.
Should I ask the churches that think I will end up in the Fire Lake, or ask the ones that think I won't?

Stuart

Stuu

We do see many modern animals buried with dinosaurs.
No.

We see birds eaten by dinosaurs and dinos eaten by mammals
No.

The fossil record may be totally bereft of any pre-flood humans other than those on the ark.
There has never been a global flood in the time of humans.

It would seem most dinosaurs went extinct shortly after the flood
No.

however there is some evidence that some dinosaurs may have lived up until the time of Marco Polo.
No.

Is that clear now?

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did your god create guns? That would be consistent with the whole paranoid Republican guns 'n' religion thing I guess. (I don't live in North America).

You still don't seem capable of analysing any deeper than 'folks just gotta learn'! Should we be following laws that stop us from being killed in your god's earthquakes and tornadoes as well?

So you are going to say to the sufferers of dracunculuasis, who mainly live in South Sudan - one of the poorest countries on the planet - that they should move to a different country?

Well, since I HAVE been through it with you and you seem unmoved, and dedicated to misrepresenting evolution, the very least you could consider is not mentioning it. Would you particularly like it if I kept criticising you for your Catholic views, even after you had told me you weren't Catholic?

Stuart

Dear Stuu,

See Rev. 6:11KJV. It says there that we must wait for certain people to be killed so they can go to Heaven, before God clobbers the devil. Read it and try to understand it. Also, I guess you realize that I don't reply to some of the awry posts that you make. I just ignore them, even though they are short. I have tried, Stuart.

Michael

Last edited:

TheDuke

Dear TheDuke,

I am not lying through my teeth. What do you mean? Because I changed my mind on something?? Haven't you done that before??

Michael

Remember about a month ago, when I was telling you about all the pitiful lies you were spreading? That's what I meant.

I don't believe every snowflake is handcrafted at all. You are insane. Humans were created by God. Not by your rendition. The proof is in the pudding, because God will show you the Truth soon enough. Then, you will be bummed terribly.

Ok, ok, take is easy, maybe you've accepted a naturalistic origin for snow, but let's talk about the rainbow, shall we....
Remember how you delightfully talked about your master chemist or something rather?

When is soon enough? Still waiting

Stuu

Dear Stuu,

See Rev. 6:11KJV. It says there that we must wait for certain people to be killed so they can go to Heaven, before God clobbers the devil. Read it and try to understand it.

Michael
I think I understand the death cult of christianity reasonably well.

Stuart

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Many dinosaurs were domesticated before the ark, that's how Noah was able to call them to come get on the boat. There was much more cooperation between man and animal back then. And Noah had a special voice as the only person on earth righteous enough for the task.

Jose Fly

The fossil record may be totally bereft of any pre-flood humans other than those on the ark.

So all human remains and artifacts are post-flood? Does that include Neanderthals? Homo floresiensis? Denisovians? H. erectus? H. ergaster? H. habilis (at least the ones you creationists agree were "fully human")?

6days

Wouldn't it just be easier from a YEC point of view to say God did not take dinos onto the ark, and that's why they are not around today?
Why say anything that contradicts the evidence? The evidence is that dinosaurs were catastrophically buried in sediment in a global flood.
And if he did take dinos onto the ark, could he not just have taken their eggs? Its not like they need incubating.
That's a better suggestion than Greg J makes who thinks only full size mature dinos would be taken. However, from God's Word, it seems live animals... and logic would indicate it would be young animals to repopulate the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.