ECT Christ is the Head of His Bride.

SaulToPaul 2

That is what happens when on gets caught up in cult like thinking. It makes one unteachable. Gotta be careful not to go down that road because it doesn't lead one Home. Don't take off ramps that will have you only going in circles.

Tet will mislead you about what I believe.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gal 3
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Abrahamic covenant
Old covenant

Nope.

The law was added to the covenant given to Abraham.

(Gal 3:19 KJV) Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

If it was a brand new covenant, it wouldn't say "it was added"

There are two covenants: The Old Covenant and the New Covenant.

SaulToPaul 2

Nope.

(Gal 3:19 KJV) Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

You are nuts.

SaulToPaul 2

15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe David will be the king on the earth, as it says.

Christ reigns from the New Jerusalem.

Just when I think your beliefs can't get any more bizarre than they already are, you throw a new one at me.

So, you actually have David himself coming back to earth and ruling in the Middle East, and at the same time have Jesus reigning from a New Jerusalem that comes out of the sky in the shape of an upside down pyramid that touches planet earth with its tip.

Is that correct?

SaulToPaul 2

Gal 3:19 says the law "was added".

What was it added to?

Added to the promise till the seed should come to whom the promise was made.

The promise predated the law.

The Abrahamic covenant predated the old covenant.

These are the two covenants in the passage.

Only a complete Bible illiterate could miss it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Added to the promise till the seed should come to whom the promise was made.

The promise predated the law.

The Abrahamic covenant predated the old covenant.

These are the two covenants in the passage.

So you have the law being added to the Abrahamic covenant, and being the old covenant at the same time?

Only a complete Bible illiterate could miss it.

99% of Christendom agrees that the two covenants in Gal 3 are the old and new covenants.

Only a very small minority of Hyper-Dispensationalists such as yourself claim otherwise.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe David will be the king on the earth, as it says.

(Luke 1:30-33) “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus 32 He will .be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

Cross Reference

It [the law] was added to point up the seriousness of transgressions, i.e., disobedience to the commands of God.

God's way is a narrow way and in the OT there was no advocate with God on mans behalf, making death the only means of punishment in many instances.

Right Divider

Body part
Nope.

What about this one?
Gen 9:11-17 KJV And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. (12) And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: (13) I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. (14) And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: (15) And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. (16) And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. (17) And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

Cross Reference

What about this one?
Gen 9:11-17 KJV And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. (12) And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: (13) I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. (14) And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: (15) And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. (16) And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. (17) And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

Having to with eternal life, there was only two covenants. The first was made with Abraham as a type of what the second would accomplish.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Having to with eternal life, there was only two covenants. The first was made with Abraham as a type of what the second would accomplish.

Yes, a good description of it.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

Only in Tet's world is it bizarre that David means David.

Eze 34:23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
Eze 34:24 And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.
Eze 34:25 And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
Eze 34:26 And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.
Eze 34:27 And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.
Eze 34:28 And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid.
Eze 34:29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.
Eze 34:30 Thus shall they know that I the LORD their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 34:31 And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord GOD.

Peter corrected the Israelites about that--

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Jesus explained it first--

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
LA