Question from BE on Zhou & RTL Groups Cricitize Pro-Life U.S. Senate Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Below is a historic press release from Right To Life groups not behaving hypocritically by criticizng a pro-life candidate when he indeed should be criticized.

The release quotes from Shui Yon Zhou, wife of Rich Holst, both of whom Bob has interviewed over the years.

Help: Can any of our friends help us find the date of one of our interviews about Shui Yon's forced abortion in China? Neither Google, nor our own records, are helping us find the dates of those interviews.

Here's the press release that quotes Shui Yon:

RTL Groups Criticize Republican Schaffer

Former State Republican Chairman
Criticizes U.S. Senate Candidate Over Forced Abortion

Note: After the campaign of Colorado Republican U.S. Senate Candidate Bob Schaffer refused to meet with pro-life leader Steve Curtis to address questions about forced abortion, two right-to-life groups issued this joint press release:

"The pro-life movement will no longer give a pass to candidates like Bob Schaffer who look the other way when Chinese women are forced to abort their children," said Steve Curtis, former chairman of the Colorado Republican Party and spokesperson for American Right To Life Action. "At best Schaffer was negligent investigating coerced abortion in the Mariana Islands. Worse, he has voted (May 2000) for permanent normal trade relations with China, rewarding the regime that forces women to abort their children."

The vice president of Colorado's largest pro-life organization agrees. "At Colorado Right To Life, one of our dearest members, a young woman named Shiu Yon Zhou, is the victim of Chinese forced abortion policy," said Leslie Hanks. "While Bob Schaffer supported (1990s) most-favored nation trading status to Communist China, that government was literally forcing women like Shiu Yon down on operating tables and killing their unborn children."

"As a Chinese woman, I know the horror and shame of forced abortion," said Shiu Yon Zhou. "And I beg Mr. Schaffer to not look the other way, and to apologize for being part of the problem. He calls himself pro-life, but how can he be when he is not outraged by Chinese forced abortion? That is worse than pro-choice."

"I've been to the Mariana Islands," said Curtis. "CNMI is not a place to hand out millions of hard-earned U.S. tax dollars. I question the rationale of sending Bob Schaffer to investigate forced abortion in the Mariana Islands when he continues to look the other way tolerating that horrific practice."

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I remember listening to that interview as a podcast on my iPod as I was driving towards Denver in the wee hours of the morning on September 1, 2007. That means it was probably from late (or mid) August. I listened to that Cara DeGette interview that same night, which also touched on that topic. DeGette's interview was aired August 27-28, so the first place I'd look for Zhou's story is August 29 and 30. If I have time, I'll hunt through some of those shows tonight.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks so much guys! But if I remember that show, that's not one of those where I interviewed Rich and/or Zhou, is it?

-Bob

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks so much guys! But if I remember that show, that's not one of those where I interviewed Rich and/or Zhou, is it?

-Bob

No you just mention them in that show and tell the story.

I seem to remember a show where it was mostly about Rich and Zhou but am having trouble remembering an interview. I though you just told the story and all the details. Do you think the show was in 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.