Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

lulu

the title of this thread is---
"Is calling Beanieboy a faggot a Christ-like thing to do?"
Can you imagine Christ calling this man a faggot? i hope not, i certainly can't.

logos_x

Jesus reserved his hardest words for the hidden sins of hypocrisy, pride, greed and legalism.--Philip Yancey

The world has lost the power to blush over its vice; the Church has lost her power to weep over it. --Leonard Ravenhill

Primarily, God is not bound to punish sin; he is bound to destroy sin. The only vengeance worth having on sin is to make the sinner himself its executioner. --George MacDonald

How else but through a broken heart may Lord Christ enter in? --Oscar Wilde

Honesty before God requires the most fundamental risk of faith we can take: the risk that God is good, that God does love us unconditionally. It is in taking this risk that we rediscover our dignity. To bring the truth of ourselves, just as we are, to God, just as God is, is the most dignified thing we can do in this life. --Gerald May

Just some thoughts that quotes express best....hope it brings people on both sides of this issue to the mirror of Grace.
Former sinners calling sinners "sinners" is all this has accomplished.
Lord, help us!

julie21

The Aussie Bully is now throwing in her towel and graciously leaving the arena...resplendent in her gold sequinned boxer shorts. matching tank top, gem-studded tiara and pink, star spangled dance shoes. "Enough!" she cried to all who would listen. "I am leaving, but only this particular thread. And it does not mean in any way shape or form, that the term 'faggot' will ever be conceded by her to be Christ-like when used to demean homosexuals".
Outside main ring...amidst the Peanut Gallery throng...
Press conference pack moves away to the next gripping item on their agenda, and the sign goes up that all rights to any promotional material used within the arena remains the sole propery of whoever darn well wants it. ;)

Ecumenicist

Nineveh said:
I was alone with the Bible when I was convicted of my sins.

Nin,

IF the HS was able to lead you to a place of conviction, surrender, and ultimate joy in forgiveness,
why do you doubt the HS's ability to lead others in the same way? Your witness is a valuable
tool for the Kingdom, please offer it freely, how the HS called, convicted and rescued you.
Witness works, it helps lead people to the HS, but judging does not, it just alienates people.
I think you know this to be true, from your own experience, if you think about it.

Dave

wickwoman

BillyBob said:
I thought it was nothing other than accurate to call a homo a faggot. :confused:

Do you think calling a black person a N***** is also accurate? I don't think you do. So you should be able to see why the word Faggot is equally degrading and unkind.

wickwoman

Dave Miller said:
Nin,

IF the HS was able to lead you to a place of conviction, surrender, and ultimate joy in forgiveness,
why do you doubt the HS's ability to lead others in the same way? Your witness is a valuable
tool for the Kingdom, please offer it freely, how the HS called, convicted and rescued you.
Witness works, it helps lead people to the HS, but judging does not, it just alienates people.
I think you know this to be true, from your own experience, if you think about it.

Dave, you continue to amaze me. :first:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
wickwoman said:
Do you think calling a black person a N***** is also accurate?

That's what they call themselves! :doh:

I don't think you do.

:mrt:

So you should be able to see why the word Faggot is equally degrading and unkind.

I can't think of any polite or 'kind' word to describe two guys humping on each other. :vomit:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
wickwoman said:
Do you think calling a black person a N***** is also accurate? I don't think you do. So you should be able to see why the word Faggot is equally degrading and unkind.
The term N***** only came to be thought of as degrading and unkind because people thought that having dark skin is bad thing. A man having sex with a man is degrading and unkind!

Caille

Lighthouse said:
Fine, don't believe me. But if they were genuinely happy they wouldn't be queers.

And if you were genuinely "of the spirit", you wouldn't be an obnoxious, abrasive jerk.

You're a poor witness for the fruits of the spirit

Caille

Lovejoy said:
Of course "pearls before swine" is a metaphor. Virtually all insults are. It is, however, still a very unflattering metaphor implying that someone is desperately unworthy of your energy.

The problem, Lovejoy, is that there are those (and this isn't directed at you) who have a very poor assessment of their own discernment, and consider any trash that comes out of their mouth as "pearls" of wisdom.

wickwoman

BillyBob said:
That's what they call themselves! :doh:

Yes, and this excuse is used by every racist I've ever met. But, I refuse to believe you are a racist, Billybob. Because I've seen your posts, and for the most part, I don't think you want to hurt people. You are in it for the fun.

BillyBob said:
I can't think of any polite or 'kind' word to describe two guys humping on each other. :vomit:

Why does it need a word? And why are you visualizing their method of sex if it troubles you so? It sounds more like you have an internal problem of a thought that bothers you. But, instead of ceasing the thinking that bothers you, you expect the external circumstances - gay people - to change so you don't have to.

Caille

Freak said:
"Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!"

:kookoo:

Did Paul call them "the mutilation" ?

Paul was referring to them in the third person as "dogs". He was not directly confronting them and saying "you dogs" in their faces. I guess he was pretty wimpy like that, huh ?

Caille

wickwoman said:
Yes, and this excuse is used by every racist I've ever met. But, I refuse to believe you are a racist, Billybob. Because I've seen your posts, and for the most part, I don't think you want to hurt people. You are in it for the fun.

:up:

Why does it need a word? And why are you visualizing their method of sex if it troubles you so? It sounds more like you have an internal problem of a thought that bothers you. But, instead of ceasing the thinking that bothers you, you expect the external circumstances - gay people - to change so you don't have to.

There seems to be a great deal of adolescent fascination with homosexuality on this board (and in the conservative christian community at large). I would hope it is something they can grow out of.

wickwoman

Caille said:
There seems to be a great deal of adolescent fascination with homosexuality on this board (and in the conservative christian community at large). I would hope it is something they can grow out of.

Yeah, reminds me of Bevis & Butthead. "Heh heh, heh heh. He said 'fag,' heh, heh, heh, heh.'"

beanieboy

BillyBob said:
It seems to me, instead of speculating whether or not Beanieboy is a faggot, we should just ask him.

Hey Beanie, if you had a choice between a beautiful, sumptuous woman and a sweaty, hairy guy, which would you choose?

In keeping with Nineveh's request to not make threads about me, I decline to answer.
This thread is about correct Christian behavior, specifically, name calling, and I would thank you to stay on topic.