Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
julie21 said:
I wouldn't personally use that term , and Jesus wouldn't have used it in His day as evidenced in the Bible. It's a mute point to question if He would use it today, unless we want to presume what Jesus would do.
I wouldn't either. They're very unhappy people.

[quote\Jesus was intentionally offensive when He wanted to be. I can read where he was intentionally offensive to the "brood of vipers" and in the Temple with the money changers, but I don't read where He, in His ministry on earth, was offensive or abusive or derogatory to a homosexual.[/quote]
Are there any recorded instances where He confronted a homosexual, at all?

What about what the Father said about it? He called it an abomination.

Nothing wrong with the term 'queer'...if you use it in its original context...or do you wish to use it from the 'worldy' perspective? Not going to be 'of' the world are you?... which IS NOT what we are to be, told to us by Jesus. Remember?
Queer means weird, odd, wrong, not normal. And that is what homosexuals are. And to be of the world would to be a queer. Or to be tolerant of them, as has been evidenced in this thread. The people that agree with you the most are the ones who are of the world, Julie. Think about it.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
How do you explain Matthew 21:12-13?
"Good afternoon, fanatics and fans! Welcome to another episode of "Talk Trash with Texts." Today we have a "proof-text" competition pitting a hardened, seasoned Bible-believing Christian against an effete, liberal religious globalist, self-described as "born from above." We'll start off our competition with the traditional believer, Mr.Seymor Loopholes:"

"Jesus will punish you."

"Good point, Seymor. And now let's let Skip Fantasy weigh in:"

"Uh--love your enemies?"

B-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-ATTT!

Wrong-o, Commie. It says right here in Psalm 21 that if you make God angry, he will burn your children to death!"

"Uh--blessed are the peacemakers?"

"Smack Down, loser! (What a wonderful Christian term that is....). II Chronicles shows us the largest single God-assisted massacre in the Bible: Asa (with God's help) kills one million Ethiopians.

...Looks like we have a winner, folks, because we have to win! Seymor, please accept this golden calf pin and handsome, battery-operated "smoting sword." Just be careful with that blade, though. Wouldn't want you to "die by it!"

laughter, applause

Matthew 13? Either Jesus is quoting Scripture or either the later movement, in searching the Greek bible for confirmation of their beliefs attributed the results of their search to Jesus...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
God_Is_Truth said:
the problem isn't that it's descriptive, the problem is it's more than descriptive.
How is queer more than descriptive? Have you looked it up? And how was "brood of vipers" not more than descriptive? What about when He called Peter "Satan?" Or when He called the Gentile woman a dog? Or referred to the wicked as pigs?

knowing we are worthless doesn't come through name calling. it comes through truth, without anything added to it.
Do you think realizing you're worthless isn't offensive?

till the day we die, he tolerates it.
Then why did He call for the death penalty for so many things?

kindness is stating the truth, nothing more, and nothing less. to call someone a pervert is to say they are perverted which means they have spoiled something that was good. this is different from faggot and queer because while those are more than just descriptions, calling someone a pervert is not.
I think you're just reaching now.

God_Is_Truth

lighthouse said:
How is queer more than descriptive? Have you looked it up? And how was "brood of vipers" not more than descriptive? What about when He called Peter "Satan?" Or when He called the Gentile woman a dog? Or referred to the wicked as pigs?

queer is more than descriptive because how people take it and what they have associated it with. it's about implied meanings, not strict dictionary meanings. brood of vipers was taken to mean that their heart was wicked and evil, which it was. you'll note that Jesus only used this of the pharisees and never of the "sinners" he ate with or healed. when he called Peter "Satan" it was because he was acting just like Satan in going against the will of God. it was a metaphor and i imagine Peter understood it as such. he called the Gentile woman a dog in an obviously metaphorial way, but also in terms of the groups. he was calling Israel the sheep, and the Gentiles the dogs. there was nothing personal there towards her, only that she was born into the Gentiles, and not Israel, whom Jesus was sent to. where did he refer to the wicked as pigs?

Do you think realizing you're worthless isn't offensive?

realizing it certianly isn't. making someone feel worthless through name calling is wrong though.

Then why did He call for the death penalty for so many things?

because that was part of a system of government dealing with this life, not the next. he obviously tolerates it now until the day we die because people commit them and do not get struck dead instantly.

I think you're just reaching now.

i just don't see name calling as kind at all. given that kindness leads to repentence, we should strive to do it. it is also a fruit of the spirit. thus, i refrain from name calling.

julie21

Lighthouse: The people that agree with you the most are the ones who are of the world, Julie. Think about it.
Are they indeed Lighthouse?
They are the ones who are refraining from using the twisted and vile derogatory terms that this world has conjured up from pure innocent language. You are!...so it is not I who is of the world, nor the others who merely do not stoop to your level of "Brotherly love" where redemptive witnessing comes via the sledgehammer of hateful words!
We choose to do as we have been, some of us quietly in the background of TOL or in our own community,witnessing with love and compassion...not acid words that make homosexuals believe Christians are hypocrites and therefore turn, run and not listen to what God wants for them eternally.

...God wants none lost...but you Lighthouse will put a time limit on those YOU don't think will be found. I am so glad that you are not the final say as to who will and who won't be found!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
God_Is_Truth said:
queer is more than descriptive because how people take it and what they have associated it with. it's about implied meanings, not strict dictionary meanings. brood of vipers was taken to mean that their heart was wicked and evil, which it was. you'll note that Jesus only used this of the pharisees and never of the "sinners" he ate with or healed. when he called Peter "Satan" it was because he was acting just like Satan in going against the will of God. it was a metaphor and i imagine Peter understood it as such. he called the Gentile woman a dog in an obviously metaphorial way, but also in terms of the groups. he was calling Israel the sheep, and the Gentiles the dogs. there was nothing personal there towards her, only that she was born into the Gentiles, and not Israel, whom Jesus was sent to. where did he refer to the wicked as pigs?
Maybe it was Paul. When he said, "Do not cast your pearls before swine."

realizing it certianly isn't. making someone feel worthless through name calling is wrong though.
How did it make you feel when you realized you were worthless?

because that was part of a system of government dealing with this life, not the next. he obviously tolerates it now until the day we die because people commit them and do not get struck dead instantly.
And you don't think God still desires that?

You do realize that people die quite often due to the consequences of sexual sin, don't you?

i just don't see name calling as kind at all. given that kindness leads to repentence, we should strive to do it. it is also a fruit of the spirit. thus, i refrain from name calling.
Did you read what SOTK posted about what got his attention when he was a drunken slob?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
julie21 said:
Are they indeed Lighthouse?
They are the ones who are refraining from using the twisted and vile derogatory terms that this world has conjured up from pure innocent language. You are!...so it is not I who is of the world, nor the others who merely do not stoop to your level of "Brotherly love" where redemptive witnessing comes via the sledgehammer of hateful words!
We choose to do as we have been, some of us quietly in the background of TOL or in our own community,witnessing with love and compassion...not acid words that make homosexuals believe Christians are hypocrites and therefore turn, run and not listen to what God wants for them eternally.
You do realise they are the ones commiting the vile acts of which these words describe, don't you?

God hates the workers of iniquity, Julie. And He does not pretend that what they do isn't vile enough to deserve to be called vile.

What God wants for them is to stop being faggots, queers and dykes. But they don't care. They chant, "I'm here. I'm queer. Get used to it!" Well, I say, "NO!" I will not get used to it! It's disgusting! It's vile! And it's wicked! It's hateful, and deserves to be treated as such! And no amount of whining on the part of panty-waist Christians is going to change my mind on the matter, let alone God's.

...God wants none lost...but you Lighthouse will put a time limit on those YOU don't think will be found. I am so glad that you are not the final say as to who will and who won't be found!
The only one who has any control over one is lost or not is that one person. No one else. But I don't hold out hope for those who show no desire to submit to a holy God.

I think this all boils down to how you feel inside. You don't want to think of how perverted you were for what you did to your family. You don't want to be judged, so you don't judge. But you're forgetting something very simple, Julie. You aren't who you once were. God has forgiven you, and set you free. You should rejoice in that! And imagine how much rejoicing those who come to Christ will do when they realize just how much they have been redeemed. Yet you'd rather they feel all comfortable in their sin, and you want to be nice to them, instead of letting them know just how much they truly need a Savior, named Jesus Christ.

Freak

:bang:
As far as the "dogs" he is instructing the church on what and who to watch out for....and not to put confidence in the flesh.
Did Paul not call them "dogs." Answer the question, please.

Caille

lighthouse said:
GIT-
Was it unChrist-like to call people a brood of vipers? Isn't that intentionally inflamattory, and derogatory?

Is that all you get out of reading the bible ? That Christ could be confrontational at times ? Does that then defend your own rude behavior ?

Seems to me he also comforted the down-trodden.

You might want to take a look at Matt.25:

[37] Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
[38] When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
[39] Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
[40] And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

and, instead of focusing on Beanie's sin, focus on his humanity.

None are without sin. Are you as vigorous in confronting others with their sins as you are with homosexuals? Is this what Christ charged his disciples with doing when they were sent to spread the good word ?

JoyfulRook

julie21 said:
I just looked at DH's profile, after your post re his/her age, and it doesn't give a year of birth there, so how are people to know how old he /she is?
You obviously don't trust LH. I am 13. And it's a he.

Caille

julie21 said:
Jesus was intentionally offensive when He wanted to be. I can read where he was intentionally offensive to the "brood of vipers" and in the Temple with the money changers, but I don't read where He, in His ministry on earth, was offensive or abusive or derogatory to a homosexual.

Going out on a limb here, but I can't remember him being directly confrontational to any sinners except those that were preventing people from coming to the Father.

julie21

Lighthouse: I think this all boils down to how you feel inside.
How in the blue blazes would you know how I feel on the inside? Playing God are we mate? You know that He is the only one who can know...try being a Houdini instead, by removing the foot from your mouth son...and grow up into a nice Christian...not a rash, petulant one.

You don't want to think of how perverted you were for what you did to your family.
Do you know what?...it was WRONG what I did to my family...just as the sins you have committed were WRONG. And how dare you try to Dr Phil me in telling me what I do or don't want to think about.
Exactly where does it say in your TOL profile that you are God...who, once again I will point out to you, is the only one who has the ability and the authority to truthfully know what I think about or not think about.

You are a liar Lighthouse in making such a ridiculous statement regarding my life. And I think that you will find that I am not the only one who is far more than slightly annoyed with your spouting this out of your mouth...and they may not be the ones you think they are, son.

You don't want to be judged, so you don't judge
Nothing to do with any of it at all. The homosexuals know how I feel about the way they live, and that is it on my part, except to tell them that they will be judged one day...but it is not my place to do that, for I am not trying to be God, as you are matey. I tell them the truth...my way...Jesus' way.

But you're forgetting something very simple, Julie. You aren't who you once were. God has forgiven you, and set you free. You should rejoice in that!
:doh: Play another tune to someone else will you ! Lighthouse, try this little exercise for me...
Try to remember what is in your own head and get the heck out of mine! You do know that Johnny Carson is dead don't you...he isn't in the market anymore for hiring the Great Lighthouse and his brilliant attempts at mind reading!...which by the way, you really suck at! ;)

Every day I rejoice for what the Lord has done for me, lad.
Now, thanks to you and this little mind reading rubbish attempt of yours [ which is pretty dismal in its failure on all counts, so leave it to the Master in future hey?]...I have something else to rejoice in..
Can you read my mind and tell me what it is Lighthouse?

By the way...since you hve chosen to go all personal on me...Did you ever call your father a faggot?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Caille said:
Is that all you get out of reading the bible ? That Christ could be confrontational at times ? Does that then defend your own rude behavior ?
I'm as Christ-like as I can be.

Seems to me he also comforted the down-trodden.

You might want to take a look at Matt.25:

[37] Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
[38] When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
[39] Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
[40] And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
You don't think I do that?

and, instead of focusing on Beanie's sin, focus on his humanity.
I'm more worried about his eternal soul.

None are without sin. Are you as vigorous in confronting others with their sins as you are with homosexuals?
You better believe it.

Is this what Christ charged his disciples with doing when they were sent to spread the good word ?
What do you think?