Did we re-evolve after the comet that killed all the dinosaurs?

One Eyed Jack

griffinsavard said:
Its fairly easy to see that dinosaurs evolved into birds? If it is fairly easy then redo it in a experiment in a lab.

Emanresu56 said:
You know what? We can now do just that, by looking at DNA.

One Eyed Jack said:
How is looking at bird DNA going to tell you that they evolved from dinosaurs? Do you have any dinosaur DNA with which to compare it?

If we did, we would probably be able to. I don't know of any dinosaur DNA that has been recovered, however.

Then I ask you again -- how is looking at bird DNA going to tell you that they evolved from dinosaurs?

Emanresu56

BANNED
Banned
Then I ask you again -- how is looking at bird DNA going to tell you that they evolved from dinosaurs?

If you read the article...

U.S. researchers said genetic sequencing of a Tyrannosaurus rex protein shows a common ancestry with chickens, ostriches and alligators.

The matching of the protein -- taken from a T. rex femur found in 2003 in an area between Wyoming and Montana -- represents the first use of molecular data to place a non-avian dinosaur in a phylogenetic tree, the National Science Foundation said Friday in a release.

"These results match predictions made from skeletal anatomy, providing the first molecular evidence for the evolutionary relationships of a non-avian dinosaur," co-author Chris Organ, a researcher at Harvard University, said in a statement. "Even though we only had six peptides -- just 89 amino acids -- from T. rex, we were able to establish these relationships."

Nevermind about the DNA, it was protein matching.

griffinsavard

evolution deceptions

evolution deceptions

Complexity does not "come through design". If there was design, why can't we see the designer himself (or itself?) It's extremely odd (as well as inefficient as a means of communication) that God would communicate to us through complexity.

First, complexity does come through design. If you walked into a car dealer and said wow, what a complex piece of machinery and then said I bet the car just evolved you would be looked at like an idiot. You are trying to say the same thing about evolution. The world is filled with design. Everything from the foods we eat to the sexual side of life. If you are going to tell me that chance mutations produced the complex bodily organs for reproduction I will have to call you an idiot.
Second, the Creator did come to this earth. But seeing we don't like our little deceptive theories to be unmasked we crucified him.
Third, God communicates to us through complexity and simplicity. God uses many ways to communicate to us so your argument is not sufficient.

You don't know what "theory" in the scientific sense means. A theory is a clear and concise explanation of a natural phenomena. Now, theories are testable. We can test whether or not an asteroid hit the Earth by creating a computer model with the right programmed factors, for instance, and see how that effected the Earth in the computer model, and from that we can make inferences about how it would effect Earth in reality.

Too bad the science textbooks dont make the distinction between theory and fact. Anyways to say that an asteroid hit the earth is no great discovery. To say that it killed the dinosaurs and from this event dinosaurs became birds is not testable.

So what? "Turn the other cheek". Ask yourself this question: why can the absolute Word of God be contradicted in the first place?

Its called free agency

I do not see how any good can come out of any kind of conflict.

Maybe the truth?

Excuse me? I don't understand evolution? I've read extensively on the subject and took many hours learning as well as understanding it. Also, show me in my post where I lept from micro evolution to macro evolution. All I said was birds evolved from dinosaurs. That is macro evolution.

You started with mutations which is micro-evolution and then went into cross species which is macro-evolution. At least that is the way I understood it. Its best to define what evolution you are talking about when your not brainwashing the school children with it. A few of us on here do not fall for ambiguity in words.

Which key evolutionists? That is a question Creationists can never, and will never answer. If they did, in fact, abandon natural selection, then it was either 50-200 years ago, they had moral qualms about it, or they simply didn't understand it and gave up.

"Darwin made a mistake sufficiently serious to undermine his theory. And that mistake has only recently been recognized as such . . One organism may indeed be `fitter' than another . . This, of course, is not something which helps create the organism, . . It is clear, I think that there was something very, very wrong with such an idea." "As I see it the conclusion is pretty staggering: Darwin's theory, I believe, is on the verge of collapse." *Tom Bethell, "Darwin's Mistake," Harper, February 1976, pp. 72, 75.
"Evolution cannot be described as a process of adaptation because all organisms are already adapted. . Adaptation leads to natural selection, natural selection does not necessarily lead to greater adaptation." *Richard Lewontin, "Adaptation," in Scientific American, September, 1978.
"Natural selection operates essentially to enable the organisms to maintain their state of adaptation rather than to improve it." "Natural selection over the long run does not seem to improve a species' chances of survival, but simply enables it to 'track,' or keep up with, the constantly changing environment." *Ibid.

"The Darwin-Wallace theory of natural selection assumed 'useful' variations would become established in a population, while all others would be eliminated. But some naturalists insisted that many traits in plants and animals had no demonstrable positive or negative advantagethey were non-adaptive or 'neutral.' . ."The 20th-century synthesis of Darwinism with Mendelian genetics renewed interest in the possibility of neutral traits, especially among population geneticists. By 1932, geneticist J.B.S. Haldane had concluded 'that innumerable characters [of animals and plants] show no sign of possessing selective value, and moreover, these are exactly the characters that enable a taxonomist to distinguish one species from another [appearance factors]. " *R. Milner, Encyclopedia of Evolution (1990), pp. 325-326.

You know what? We can now do just that, by looking at DNA.

Well I highly doubt it but to make it in a lab requires? Did I hear you say intelligence?

How do you know what the ratio of mutations occuring was?

I will rebound the question. But this being theory than to predict that the mutations were around the same they are now would be reasonable. Again for mass mutations wouldn't you need a lot of transitional fossils? Wouldn't these fossils show 'big' change? The evidence suggest about the same amount of mutations have occured.

Actually, birds are amazing creatures, like every other creature on this planet. I don't think it's "no great deal" for dinosaurs to become birds. Evolution takes time. A grand amount of time.

Here we go the Messiah of evolution: Time
What is amazing is that you think all these amazing creatures came from nothing. Now, that is amazinggggggggggg.

Why should we expect there to be transitional fossils for all creatures? Why should we expect the fossil record to be complete? Simply because we want it to be complete?

We have gathered bones from everywhere in the earth. Our collection of them is extensive. Are there the many transitional fossils needed? NO
You need transitional fossils because of the mutations, I thought you said you studied this? :banned:

Again, why should we expect there to be transitional fossils for every creature we expect to have evolved?

Because you call it science and put it in the school books. Just because you evolutionists want to jump like monkeys from one branch to the other in micro and macro evolution doesn't mean that you can dismiss the origins of your theory. From the very definitions of mutations and natural randomness you gave me above you need transitional fossils. You are talking about cross-species. If you say that dinosaurs became birds and then you say why do you expect transitional fossils. You fall into the same trap that the leap of faith Christians fall into...:down:

Evolution is gene-centered rather than group-centered.

I don't even know what you mean by that statement. :shut:

Emanresu56

BANNED
Banned
First, complexity does come through design. If you walked into a car dealer and said wow, what a complex piece of machinery and then said I bet the car just evolved you would be looked at like an idiot. You are trying to say the same thing about evolution. The world is filled with design. Everything from the foods we eat to the sexual side of life. If you are going to tell me that chance mutations produced the complex bodily organs for reproduction I will have to call you an idiot.

The natural world is not filled with design, but the artificial world is. For one, the natural world is composed mostly of organic, self-replicating molecules. The accumulation of organic, self-replicating molecules are what we call "organisms" and these organisms are subject to natural selection. If, for instance, you said "this plant is artificial!", someone would look at you like you're crazy. Clearly, the plant is organic. Thus, there must have been some natural cause for the rise of things organic.

Second, the Creator did come to this earth. But seeing we don't like our little deceptive theories to be unmasked we crucified him.
Third, God communicates to us through complexity and simplicity. God uses many ways to communicate to us so your argument is not sufficient.

How do you know God uses many ways to communicate?

Too bad the science textbooks dont make the distinction between theory and fact. Anyways to say that an asteroid hit the earth is no great discovery. To say that it killed the dinosaurs and from this event dinosaurs became birds is not testable.

They certainly do make the distinction. My science textbook does.

Its called free agency

Agency is relative to capability.

Maybe the truth?

The truth does not arise out of conflict, it arises from awareness.

You started with mutations which is micro-evolution and then went into cross species which is macro-evolution. At least that is the way I understood it. Its best to define what evolution you are talking about when your not brainwashing the school children with it. A few of us on here do not fall for ambiguity in words.

I am not "brainwashing the school children with it". Evolution is not, as Creationists would like to believe, the center of education.

"Darwin made a mistake sufficiently serious to undermine his theory. And that mistake has only recently been recognized as such . . One organism may indeed be `fitter' than another . . This, of course, is not something which helps create the organism, . . It is clear, I think that there was something very, very wrong with such an idea." "As I see it the conclusion is pretty staggering: Darwin's theory, I believe, is on the verge of collapse." *Tom Bethell, "Darwin's Mistake," Harper, February 1976, pp. 72, 75.

That was in 1976. I wonder why Darwin's theory has not collapsed, and scientists like Richard Dawkins are still supporting it?

"Evolution cannot be described as a process of adaptation because all organisms are already adapted. . Adaptation leads to natural selection, natural selection does not necessarily lead to greater adaptation." *Richard Lewontin, "Adaptation," in Scientific American, September, 1978."

Did I say it was a process of adaptation?

In biology, evolution is the process of change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms from one generation to the next. The genes that are passed on to an organism's offspring produce the inherited traits that are the basis of evolution. Mutations in genes can produce new or altered traits in individuals, resulting in the appearance of heritable differences between organisms, but new traits also come from the transfer of genes between populations, as in migration, or between species, in horizontal gene transfer. In species that reproduce sexually, new combinations of genes are produced by genetic recombination, which can increase the variation in traits between organisms. Evolution occurs when these heritable differences become more common or rare in a population.

"Natural selection operates essentially to enable the organisms to maintain their state of adaptation rather than to improve it." "Natural selection over the long run does not seem to improve a species' chances of survival, but simply enables it to 'track,' or keep up with, the constantly changing environment." *Ibid.

So? This is stating a fact about natural selection.

"The Darwin-Wallace theory of natural selection assumed 'useful' variations would become established in a population, while all others would be eliminated. But some naturalists insisted that many traits in plants and animals had no demonstrable positive or negative advantagethey were non-adaptive or 'neutral.' . ."The 20th-century synthesis of Darwinism with Mendelian genetics renewed interest in the possibility of neutral traits, especially among population geneticists. By 1932, geneticist J.B.S. Haldane had concluded 'that innumerable characters [of animals and plants] show no sign of possessing selective value, and moreover, these are exactly the characters that enable a taxonomist to distinguish one species from another [appearance factors]. " *R. Milner, Encyclopedia of Evolution (1990), pp. 325-326.

No problem for evolution if natural selection cannot be described as a process of adaptation, as you already stated.

Well I highly doubt it but to make it in a lab requires? Did I hear you say intelligence?

First, you ask for an experiment. Then, you say it requires intelligence. Am I hearing this right?

I will rebound the question. But this being theory than to predict that the mutations were around the same they are now would be reasonable. Again for mass mutations wouldn't you need a lot of transitional fossils? Wouldn't these fossils show 'big' change? The evidence suggest about the same amount of mutations have occured.

No, you would not need a lot of transitional fossils. There is no connection between the number of mutations and the amount of fossils.

Here we go the Messiah of evolution: Time
What is amazing is that you think all these amazing creatures came from nothing. Now, that is amazinggggggggggg.

No, I think creatures came from already-existent self-replicating organic molecules. :angel:

We have gathered bones from everywhere in the earth. Our collection of them is extensive. Are there the many transitional fossils needed? NO
You need transitional fossils because of the mutations, I thought you said you studied this? :banned:

I did study this. And nowhere does it say you need transitional fossils because of mutations.

Because you call it science and put it in the school books. Just because you evolutionists want to jump like monkeys from one branch to the other in micro and macro evolution doesn't mean that you can dismiss the origins of your theory. From the very definitions of mutations and natural randomness you gave me above you need transitional fossils. You are talking about cross-species. If you say that dinosaurs became birds and then you say why do you expect transitional fossils. You fall into the same trap that the leap of faith Christians fall into...:down:

I ask "why do you expect the fossil record to be complete?"

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But you misrepresent "evolutionists" (sustitute "almost all modern scientific thought") positions by your position. Which doesn't surprise me, only the degree to which you're willing to ignore being told this.
You keep saying this as if it has any meaning.
Nonsense. Tell me Stipe, what do you know about the food requirements of dinosaurs? How you assayed the contents of their stomachs? Perhaps have a bill of lading from the ark for their feed? :chuckle:
Perhaps you have a Nutrition Facts or Ingredients panel from the side of a bag of Ralston Purina's Dino Chow? :chuckle:
You mean something like a meteor strike hard enough to rain down a layer of iridium globally?
Not if the darkening of the sun resulted in a lowering of temperatures below that which could be survived by cold-blodded critters, but not so low as to be survivable by warm-blooded critters, or those cold-blooded critters that had ways of coping with cold (proto-feathers, for example).
Once again, you keep saying that as if it made sense? Are there specific theories you have in mind?
Tell me Stipe, what's your theory for why dinosaurs (all dinosaurs) disappeared?
Every time I mention the limitations on the devastation an asteroid might have you promote the story that an asteroid might wipe out all the dinosaurs.

Every time I point out how if all the dinosaurs were wiped out it would require an event that would wipe out everything else as well you promote the story that an asteroid would not wipe out everything.

You don't think it is a problem to have multiple theories in order to explain the disappearance of the dinosaurs so how about you just put forth your ideas. They should agree with my statements that an asteroid cannot be solely responsible for wiping out the dinosaurs.