Theology Club: Calling all Calvinists!

revpete

Do the five points build on the previous one? Also, do have to accept them all or can you believe less than five?

Blessings: Pete

The 5 solas

Do the five points build on the previous one? Also, do have to accept them all or can you believe less than five?

They are a whole package.
The full meal deal.
They are 5 pieces to the puzzle, as it were.

There are people who like to say they are 4 point Calvinists, they are the ones that cannot accept the L - Limited Atonement...but really, that just makes them confused Arminians. lol

beloved57

All 5 points of Tulip set forth the Divine Principles that constitute the Gospel of God's Grace and you deny one of them, you deny them all and the Gospel of God's Grace !

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Some have labeled themselves "Four Pointers" denying the "L" in TULIP and try to make the remaining doctrines of grace hold together in light of this denial. That said, I think it is clear from Scripture that particular atonement magnifies the work of Christ, gives hope in evangelism, ministers gloriously to a believer's assurance, deepens the believer's love for His Lord and enables us to offer to sinners a truly finished work.

AMR

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
They are a whole package.
The full meal deal.
They are 5 pieces to the puzzle, as it were.

There are people who like to say they are 4 point Calvinists, they are the ones that cannot accept the L - Limited Atonement...but really, that just makes them confused Arminians. lol

Not at all, God said to Cain "if thou doest well willest thou not be accepted?"

If you come to Me through the blood. This shows that the cross was available to Cain.

Jesus also said "looking they see not, listening they hear not neither perceive they with their hearts, lest they turn to Me and I should heal them" so had they been able to turn the blood was available.

Now also the Lord shows where Particularism is to be found, for it was God who closed their eyes and stopped their ears.

It is important to make the clarification or else He could not say "whosoever will" or "whosoever cometh"

I would also assure anybody that God could by no means pour out His Spirit upon ALL flesh unless atonement extended to all...I am not preaching Universalism for I do believe in Particular redemption.

Not at all, God said to Cain "if thou doest well willest thou not be accepted?"

If you come to Me through the blood. This shows that the cross was available to Cain.
This is only true if you deny God's sovereignty.

Jesus also said "looking they see not, listening they hear not neither perceive they with their hearts, lest they turn to Me and I should heal them" so had they been able to turn the blood was available.
That's a false assertion.

Now also the Lord shows where Particularism is to be found, for it was God who closed their eyes and stopped their ears.
Are you're accusing God of evil?

It is important to make the clarification or else He could not say "whosoever will" or "whosoever cometh"

I would also assure anybody that God could by no means pour out His Spirit upon ALL flesh unless atonement extended to all...I am not preaching Universalism for I do believe in Particular redemption.
:confused:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I know well you do not understand the significance, that is because you have learned your doctrines of grace from theologians, they are not bad theologians but they have an assumption in their theology.

Calvinism is a sweet ointment to those who understand Predestiny and Election by it.

But there is a fly in the ointment and it giveth off an evil odour.

This is the assumption.

Calvin ASSUMED that since God predestined some to be [saved] He must have predestined all others to be damned. This is called popularly Double Predestination.

There is not a scrap of bible support for it.

It does seem logical I admit, but first of all you will see if you check out Paul's teaching on predestiny it is not unto salvation. We are predestined and chosen to be conformed to the image of God's dear Son, once again we are predestined and chosen in Him before all worlds began to be for the praise of His glorious grace.

We are the lamp lit not to be hidden under a bushel but to give light to everyone entering the house, a city set upon a hill...what a wealth of instruction is here.

Abraham was predestined and chosen to bless, all the families of the earth will bless themselves by Abraham...and this has come true.

I do not deny eternal punishment or that some are destined to it, but predestiny is something different, predestiny says that this was the way God planned it to be..a'la' B57 [darkened soul] now if we are to be light, and if we are to be a city built upon a hill it is that others may see and others may seek and find us. We are to bless not to curse which is what double predestiny does.

We must be saved in order to be conformed to the image of God's dear Son....but that does not preclude others from being saved.

Why do you throw up your hands in horror because I say God closes eyes that they see not, and stops up ears that they hear not...that is the very scripture. That FULLY explains Particular Redemption...yet you say Particular Redemption is achieved by limiting Christ's atonement...and that does not horrify you.

The bible supports what I say, for no man can come to the Father but through the Son...it says stitch about Limited Atonement.

I know well you do not understand the significance, that is because you have learned your doctrines of grace from theologians, they are not bad theologians but they have an assumption in their theology.

Calvinism is a sweet ointment to those who understand Predestiny and Election by it.

But there is a fly in the ointment and it giveth off an evil odour.

This is the assumption.

Calvin ASSUMED that since God predestined some to be [saved] He must have predestined all others to be damned. This is called popularly Double Predestination.

There is not a scrap of bible support for it.

It does seem logical I admit, but first of all you will see if you check out Paul's teaching on predestiny it is not unto salvation. We are predestined and chosen to be conformed to the image of God's dear Son, once again we are predestined and chosen in Him before all worlds began to be for the praise of His glorious grace.

We are the lamp lit not to be hidden under a bushel but to give light to everyone entering the house, a city set upon a hill...what a wealth of instruction is here.

Abraham was predestined and chosen to bless, all the families of the earth will bless themselves by Abraham...and this has come true.

Once again you show your lack of understanding of "Calvinism". I am not willing to invest my time in trying to straighten out your faulty thinking. I'll leave that to others if they care to.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Show by scripture Limited Atonement and we can settle the argument straight away...you cannot because it is not there.