ECT Dispensation of Grace

heir

TOL Subscriber
Did they not receive forgiveness of their sins? Was repentance withheld them?

No, they received remission of sins looking forward to the times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord for the blotting out of their sins.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets

That's God's covenant unto them when He shall take away their sins!

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

turbosixx

No, they received remission of sins looking forward to the times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord for the blotting out of their sins.

It's the same word used for forgiveness.

Strongs:
aphesis: dismissal, release, fig. pardon
Original Word: ἄφεσις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: aphesis
Phonetic Spelling: (af'-es-is)
Short Definition: deliverance, pardon, complete forgiveness
Definition: a sending away, a letting go, a release, pardon, complete forgiveness.

Acts 2:38 N-AFS
GRK: Χριστοῦ εἰς ἄφεσιν τῶν ἁμαρτιῶν
NAS: Christ for the forgiveness of your sins;
KJV: Christ for the remission of sins, and
INT: Christ for the forgiveness of sins

Eph.1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
Ephesians 1:7 N-AFS
GRK: αὐτοῦ τὴν ἄφεσιν τῶν παραπτωμάτων
NAS: His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses,
KJV: blood, the forgiveness of sins,
INT: of him the forgiveness of trespasses

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's the same word used for forgiveness.
If they received forgiveness of sins in Acts 2 like the (per)versions say, that makes all of this to Israel future a lie:

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

It's time for you to stop correcting the KJBible and let the scripture correct you!

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

turbosixx

If they received forgiveness of sins in Acts 2 like the (per)versions say, that makes all of this to Israel future a lie:

How so?

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

Luke 24:46 and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

They did repent and were converted. Only a converted person receives forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

[/quote']

All Israel will be saved but you have to understand who is Israel. Not the children flesh (Jews) but the spiritual children (Christians).
Rom. 9:6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; 7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham's descendants, but: "through Isaac your descendants will be named." 8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

Who are the children of promise?
Gal. 3:16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ.
Gal. 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Yes, when did the old covenant end? Did those on Pentecost receive forgiveness of sins based on the old covenant or based on the blood of Christ?

It takes blood to establish a covenant.
Heb. 9:15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. 16 For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it. 17 For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives. 18 Therefore even the first covenant was not inaugurated without blood.

It's time for you to stop correcting the KJBible and let the scripture correct you!

I'm not correcting the bible I'm trying to show you the harmony of the bible. Do you think "rightly divide" means to separate?

turbosixx

It means those were removed but new ones can still be imputed. See Acts 5.

They weren't removed because the blood of bulls and goats cannot forgive sins but they were remembered each year. That's why God says "I will remember their sins no more" in the new covenant.
Heb. 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. 4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

heir

TOL Subscriber
UOTE]

UOTE]

How so?

Luke 24:46 and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
"In that day" of Zechariah 13 is the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is the same event of Acts 3:19-21 KJV "...times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord and He shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began"!

Paul confirms it!

as well as John in 1 John 1:9 KJV

I'm not correcting the bible I'm trying to show you the harmony of the bible. Do you think "rightly divide" means to separate?
Rightly dividing is to separate one from another. We can see a biblical example of rightly dividing as the Lord will rightly divide the nations (also at the second coming):

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

As far as what Paul writes that needs to be rightly divided/seperated one from another is the word of truth

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And Paul defines the word of truth as “the gospel of your salvation”!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

There's more than one gospel in your Bible. If you don't separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of YOUR salvation" as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 KJV above, from others, you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you in the dispensation of the grace of God. Our good news (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) must be divided out from other good news in the Bible.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"In that day" of Zechariah 13 is the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is the same event of Acts 3:19-21 KJV "...times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord and He shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began"!

Paul confirms it!

as well as John in 1 John 1:9 KJV

Rightly dividing is to separate one from another. We can see a biblical example of rightly dividing as the Lord will rightly divide the nations (also at the second coming):

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

As far as what Paul writes that needs to be rightly divided/seperated one from another is the word of truth

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And Paul defines the word of truth as “the gospel of your salvation”!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

There's more than one gospel in your Bible. If you don't separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of YOUR salvation" as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 KJV above, from others, you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you in the dispensation of the grace of God. Our good news (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) must be divided out from other good news in the Bible.

You explain everything to turbo and it goes in one ear and out the other.

Proverbs 28:9 KJV -

turbosixx

FYE Romans 9, 10 and 11 is a microcosm of Israel's past, present (then) and future!

The future is now.

Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Christ's kingdom is now.

Cross Reference

This doesn't help me to understand your view point. If Christ hasn't established his kingdom then what is this?

Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Try this to your thinking: Eternal life begins the moment one is saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You need to research what "rightly divide" really means.
I have and I'm fully persuaded that it is this:

Rightly dividing the word of truth means to separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of your salvation" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 KJV, from other gospels in the Bible. Failure or flat out refusal to do so results in believing an other gospel that is not the gospel that Paul preached is the power of God to save!

For example, you could think that your gospel is that you need to be water baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV), sell all that you have (Matthew 19:21 KJV, Acts 2:45 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 24:13 KJV) wait for the times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord (the second coming) that your sins may be blotted out (Acts 3:19-21 KJV). But, that's not your gospel (good news)! It's not the gospel of YOUR salvation, the power of God to save you today!

The gospel that is the power of God to save man today is the gospel of Christ; how that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and was raised again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! It is the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation that was given by revelation of Jesus Christ to the apostle Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

We must also rightly divide the word of truth in Paul's epistles. For example, there was a time that certain Gentiles (called Greeks in a KJB) had ordinances to keep so as not to offend the Jews, but then in Paul's later epistles when writing to the alien gentile (who Paul was a prisoner of Jesus Christ for, people like you and me who in time past were without hope and without God in the world Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV), you can eat anything as the middle wall of partition was broken down between us (Ephesians 2:14-16 KJV). The handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, was taken out of the way, nailed to His cross (Colossians 2:14-16 KJV). This is also why it is that it wasn't until 2 Timothy that Paul wrote to rightly divide the word of truth.

turbosixx

I have and I'm fully persuaded that it is this:

Rightly dividing the word of truth means to separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of your salvation" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 KJV, from other gospels in the Bible. Failure or flat out refusal to do so results in believing an other gospel that is not the gospel that Paul preached is the power of God to save!

For example, you could think that your gospel is that you need to be water baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV), sell all that you have (Matthew 19:21 KJV, Acts 2:45 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 24:13 KJV) wait for the times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord (the second coming) that your sins may be blotted out (Acts 3:19-21 KJV). But, that's not your gospel (good news)! It's not the gospel of YOUR salvation, the power of God to save you today!

The gospel that is the power of God to save man today is the gospel of Christ; how that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and was raised again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! It is the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation that was given by revelation of Jesus Christ to the apostle Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

We must also rightly divide the word of truth in Paul's epistles. For example, there was a time that certain Gentiles (called Greeks in a KJB) had ordinances to keep so as not to offend the Jews, but then in Paul's later epistles when writing to the alien gentile (who Paul was a prisoner of Jesus Christ for, people like you and me who in time past were without hope and without God in the world Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV), you can eat anything as the middle wall of partition was broken down between us (Ephesians 2:14-16 KJV). The handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, was taken out of the way, nailed to His cross (Colossians 2:14-16 KJV). This is also why it is that it wasn't until 2 Timothy that Paul wrote to rightly divide the word of truth.

Rightly divide the truth means to accurately handle the truth. As in skill to cut a straight line. Here are the Greek words used in 2 Tim. 2:15.

orthotomeó: to cut straight
Original Word: ὀρθοτομέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: orthotomeó
Phonetic Spelling: (or-thot-om-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I cut straight, handle correctly
Definition: I cut straight; met: I handle correctly, teach rightly.

This is the Greek word that means to divide into different parts or separate.

merizó: to divide
Original Word: μερίζω
Transliteration: merizó
Phonetic Spelling: (mer-id'-zo)
Short Definition: I divide, part, share
Definition: I divide into parts, divide, part, share, distribute; mid: I share, take part in a partitioning; I distract.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Rightly divide the truth means to accurately handle the truth. As in skill to cut a straight line. Here are the Greek words used in 2 Tim. 2:15.

orthotomeó: to cut straight
Original Word: ὀρθοτομέω
Transliteration: orthotomeó
Phonetic Spelling: (or-thot-om-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I cut straight, handle correctly
Definition: I cut straight; met: I handle correctly, teach rightly.

This is the Greek word that means to divide into different parts or separate.

merizó: to divide
Original Word: μερίζω
Transliteration: merizó
Phonetic Spelling: (mer-id'-zo)
Short Definition: I divide, part, share
Definition: I divide into parts, divide, part, share, distribute; mid: I share, take part in a partitioning; I distract.

So what ? What is your point with this ? I see your problems now, more and more. You can't concentrate for any length of time and you lose sight of the main points.

Right Divider

Body part
What's more PLAIN? That Jesus established the kingdom that was prophesied OR man foiled the plan so God had to create a new plan?
Out of one side of your mouth you say that want to learn; out of the other side you continue to spout your ignorant nonsense.

This is BOTH a straw-man argument and a false dichotomy, well done! I never said that "man foiled the plan so God had to create a new plan". That is just your stupid and false understand (or actually your LACK of understanding, no surprise there). God knew ALL of these things in advance and He ALWAYS had a plan that covered it ALL.

Yes, they were of the flesh that's why he says it's not children of the flesh that are regarded as children. 8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants. Are you not one of God's children?
I am part of His BODY.

Have you not read? Do you not understand?
I have and I do; you apparently haven't and don't.

Are you really going to base your understanding on a question by men? Yes, they figured it should be here that's why Jesus didn't go through the trouble of answering them. They were to receive the HS in a few days, then they would understand. If Jesus didn't establish the kingdom and it's still in the future, then what is this? Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
No, I base my understanding on what is said in scripture. ONCE AGAIN, Jesus DID answer their question and He did NOT correct their understanding because it was correct. You are the one that misunderstands.

So these are Jesus' spiritual descendants?
What a stupid question!

Jesus told Peter "I will build my church" and "I will give you the keys of the kingdom". Peter used the keys on Pentecost to let 3,000 in. 41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls. Souls were added, SPIRITUAL.
And these souls lived in bodies, so what. You don't actually understand what is spiritual and what is not.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."
Just a classic perversion of what it really means. Are you just another tet?
Joh 18:36 KJV Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
It's a temporary issue that His kingdom is not NOW from hence.