The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

rexlunae

Is it foolish for those in charge of the safety of all the children and the staff in that school to err on the side of caution?
I don't think so! It was the liberal media that heaped scorn and diatribe on the administration.

Do you think that we should err on the side of caution and assume that every heavily-armed anti-choice Christian is about to go shoot up an abortion clinic?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Do you think that we should err on the side of caution and assume that every heavily-armed anti-choice Christian is about to go shoot up an abortion clinic?

already being done:

Anti-abortion extremists are considered a current domestic terrorist threat by the US Department of Justice.

should Christians against abortion sue the government?

bybee

"every"? Of course not. But if a Christian child were to duplicate the behavior of the Muslim child I would expect the same response.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

What do you think an abortion clinic would/should do if someone showed up in the clinic lobby with a clock that looked like Ahmed's?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
we don't
but
I do because I can connect the dots

his father is a well known islamic activist

For a moment let's assume you are correct. The father put the kid up to it.

What does it mean? I still don't think he was really guilty of making a 'hoax bomb'. They would have been hoping to get a reaction and they got what they wanted because the school and police walked into the trap.

What do you think should have happened to Ahmed?

rexlunae

What do you think an abortion clinic would/should do if someone showed up in the clinic lobby with a clock that looked like Ahmed's?

What, if he just walked in with it and sat down? Nothing that I can think of. If the staff were genuinely concerned about what it was, they could ask him about it, ask to examine it, ask that he not bring it into the building, and if he has no legitimate business there they could even ask him to leave. But it all depends on what he does and how he responds to them.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
:idunno: They'd probably win so...probably. What do you think?

what do I think?

why you think they would win

the father, the mother, and the sister will all have to testify
and
this will be compared to the testimony of others

it will all come out

the father is hoping the school and police will cave in

they won't because they know this will not make it to court
and
you would also know that
if
you were not so naive

get a clue

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What, if he just walked in with it and sat down? Nothing that I can think of. If the staff were genuinely concerned about what it was, they could ask him about it, and if he has no legitimate business there they could even ask him to leave. But it all depends on what he does and how he responds to them.

If he came in and opened the case and everyone could see what was inside. But it doesn't really matter. My point was that the scenario you brought up isn't comparable to what happened with Ahmed.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
what do I think?

why you think they would win

the father, the mother, and the sister will all have to testify
and
this will be compared to the testimony of others

it will all come out

the father is hoping the school and police will cave in

they won't because they know this will not make it to court
and
you would also know that
if
you were not so naive

get a clue

What would the family testify?
What would others testify?

rexlunae

If he came in and opened the case and everyone could see what was inside. But it doesn't really matter. My point was that the scenario you brought up isn't comparable to what happened with Ahmed.

Right. Ahmed isn't a terrorist. He may be a prankster, but there's nothing wrong with him that having him arrested will cure.