Man's Nature vs Man's condition"?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We do not comprehend God's ways as He works out His purpose.
I believe the ability to discern between what is acceptable and what is not acceptable is within us. To choose to do the acceptable thing is what gives it meaning.
Without our "Mediator and Advocate" we should all be quite unacceptable.

If we do not have the ability to discern then the power to do good must come from God

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
If man had freewill as you claim would he have not said "ok God you have said I may not eat of this tree lest I die.....but I WILL eat of it and I shall NOT die"

In fact that is what the devil tricked him into believing, that he had freewill to say this very thing....freewill doctrine is therefore

The deception perpetrated upon man.

Believing he may sin and not be held to account....all sin comes from this deception.

Wrong.

Satan tricked Eve.

Adam was not deceived.

Until you can come to grips with this your posts are complete nonsense.

nikolai_42

It is a tricky one...but none of Job's woes came from God but from Satan, how did God permit it? by removing the hedge He had around Job

God has a hedge about ALL of us. It is never wrong to enquire of God, indeed I think we should enquire if we perceive that God has taken His hedge from around about us.

When God removed the hedge Satan was able to smite Job.

But before folks say they have the sufferings of Job I would ask them if they were perfect, it was God's boast about Job's perfection that set him up.

Job is the greatest health and wealth preacher in the bible...after his testimony was brought out he healed and wealed DOUBLE.

God is good
Satan is evil
God does GOOD things
Satan does evil
evil is not good
good is not evil
bitter is not sweet
and sweet is not bitter.

The thief cometh not but for to steal and to kill and destroy you but I AM come that ye might have life and that ye might have it more abundantly.

Indeed, God is debtor to NO man. But the prophet says specifically that God makes peace and creates evil. So the whole "health and wealth" label is full of baggage that has to be neatly unpacked to be properly assessed. The prosperity gospel being taught today is right out of I Timothy 6:5 - it's almost like they are reading from the script!

That said, God certainly does prosper the righteous. So it shouldn't be assumed that if someone is in right standing with God that they are poor or struggling. Jesus promised the disciples who followed Him wealth, lands and family both in this age and the age to come (Matthew 19:29 and Mark 10:29-30). But note the prerequisite - to leave all that they have to follow Him. That's what He challenged the rich young ruler about. And if some don't receive a dime from God in this life, but are faithful in following Him, there is no doubt that their reward in heaven. This reward is for those that suffer persecution for Him (e.g. Matthew 5:12). Paul said that he suffered the loss of all things for the sake of Christ Jesus his Lord (Phil 3:8). But there are many that never received even what was promised while they were here on earth (Hebrews 11:13). Abraham believed God because he trusted God - that He would provide, even in the face of no natural fulfillment. But God told Abraham one key thing that differentiates the prosperity gospel from God's faithfulness to provide "more than we can ask or think". It was this :

After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
Genesis 15:1

God HIMSELF was to be Abraham's reward. Not that he wouldn't receive much while on earth, but that the reward for Abraham was entirely wrapped up in God. His promise, His presence and His provision. They were all part of the same thing that ultimately couldn't be severed from God. So to Abraham, whether or not he received this kingdom while on earth or not was not the point - it was that God could be trusted, God promised and so God will provide. That's the only reason he was willing to sacrifice his miracle son - he reasoned that God could raise him up. But that wasn't necessary. Abraham thought God "could" do things one way but God did things another way. His way was so far removed from what Abraham could conceive. But Abraham believed God.

Abraham still had much in the way of natural possession, but that is not what he was after. It was incidental in view of what God really had for him.

That is NOT the message of the prosperity gospel because their reward is utterly natural, perishable and full of corruption.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 6:19-21

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
If we do not have the ability to discern then the power to do good must come from God

Being able to discern gives nobody the power to do good.

The will to do good comes from the fear of God.

Adam knew he would die yet he could not perform that which was good.

As Bybee said, "he coulda said, not in this garden Bubba."

dialm

BANNED
Banned

This is where your theology falls flat on its face. Adam could not refuse.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Indeed, God is debtor to NO man. But the prophet says specifically that God makes peace and creates evil. So the whole "health and wealth" label is full of baggage that has to be neatly unpacked to be properly assessed. The prosperity gospel being taught today is right out of I Timothy 6:5 - it's almost like they are reading from the script!

That said, God certainly does prosper the righteous. So it shouldn't be assumed that if someone is in right standing with God that they are poor or struggling. Jesus promised the disciples who followed Him wealth, lands and family both in this age and the age to come (Matthew 19:29 and Mark 10:29-30). But note the prerequisite - to leave all that they have to follow Him. That's what He challenged the rich young ruler about. And if some don't receive a dime from God in this life, but are faithful in following Him, there is no doubt that their reward in heaven. This reward is for those that suffer persecution for Him (e.g. Matthew 5:12). Paul said that he suffered the loss of all things for the sake of Christ Jesus his Lord (Phil 3:8). But there are many that never received even what was promised while they were here on earth (Hebrews 11:13). Abraham believed God because he trusted God - that He would provide, even in the face of no natural fulfillment. But God told Abraham one key thing that differentiates the prosperity gospel from God's faithfulness to provide "more than we can ask or think". It was this :

After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
Genesis 15:1

God HIMSELF was to be Abraham's reward. Not that he wouldn't receive much while on earth, but that the reward for Abraham was entirely wrapped up in God. His promise, His presence and His provision. They were all part of the same thing that ultimately couldn't be severed from God. So to Abraham, whether or not he received this kingdom while on earth or not was not the point - it was that God could be trusted, God promised and so God will provide. That's the only reason he was willing to sacrifice his miracle son - he reasoned that God could raise him up. But that wasn't necessary. Abraham thought God "could" do things one way but God did things another way. His way was so far removed from what Abraham could conceive. But Abraham believed God.

Abraham still had much in the way of natural possession, but that is not what he was after. It was incidental in view of what God really had for him.

That is NOT the message of the prosperity gospel because their reward is utterly natural, perishable and full of corruption.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 6:19-21

Nothing so tests the heart as money does...this is a very narrow path, the key is to be thankful for everything. But one day a brother said I am afraid of prosperity in case I become proud. I said shouldn't you rather deal with the pride? if he stays poor he still has the pride.

But God's way of blessing us materially is to teach us to GIVE as a life style, whether out of little or much.

I find that greedy people do not like to give.

bybee

Nothing so tests the heart as money does...this is a very narrow path, the key is to be thankful for everything. But one day a brother said I am afraid of prosperity in case I become proud. I said shouldn't you rather deal with the pride? if he stays poor he still has the pride.

But God's way of blessing us materially is to teach us to GIVE as a life style, whether out of little or much.

Isn't it amazing that so many people do not share.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Do you fear God?

nikolai_42

Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:
Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Proverbs 30:7-9

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
This is where your theology falls flat on its face. Adam could not refuse.

You know nothing of what I believe.

Of course I know Adam couldn't refuse.

My point was that even Adam knowing he would die was not enough to give him the ability to do good.

Do not let your hatred of free will doctrine cloud your ability to know that we do have a will.

Romans 7:18 KJV

18 For I know that in me (that is , in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

bybee

You know nothing of what I believe.

Of course I know Adam couldn't refuse.

My point was that even Adam knowing he would die was not enough to give him the ability to do good.

Do not let your hatred of free will doctrine cloud your ability to know that we do have a will.

Romans 7:18 KJV

And yet, from personal experience, with God's help, I have conquered two different addictions.
18 For I know that in me (that is , in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.