Ghosties

bybee

One of my favourite subjects is The Paranormal and what I like to call, Ghosties :)

View attachment 18847

This is my favourite ghost pic, The Tulip Staircase.

"From ghoulies and ghosties
and long-legged beasties
and things that go bump in the night
good Lord deliver us".

That also includes things that hide under the bed and will grab your ankles if you don't move fast.

The 5 solas

I have always found the paranormal to be fascinating, even after getting saved. My understanding of it did change though. I am curious to hear what you think about it all, Thunder's Muse. Can you give us a quick overview of your position on the paranormal?

Big Dave

"Tulip Staircase" is a wonderful paranormal photograph. The one taken of a RAF mechanic unit, with the head and face of a very recently deceased unit member in it is also a good one (he had been decapitated a few days prior to the photograph). It is these photographs, the "unintentional ghost photos" that I am most interested in (there was no ghost/apparition prior to the photo being taken, it merely appeared on film). Orb photographs...not so much. Too many of them are merely dust. "Shadow people" ones are interesting too, but are far too easy to fake/manipulate.

Not sure if anyone watches "Ghost Adventures" with Zak Bagans, but if so, remain skeptical of much of it. The show is an attention/ratings grabber, and uses quite a deal of sensationalism (Bobby Mackey's Bar being a great example, as the beheading that took place "where the bar stands now" is false, it took place in a field a good distance from the modern bar, however the show continues to perpetuate the myth rather than the reality).

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"Paranormals" are a form of witchcraft.

Thus, any dabbling or showing interest in such, is biblically forbidden to Christians.

Doormat

My friends have had experiences they believed were ghosts.

I'm not sure what to think of the phenomenon having no personal experience with it.

In the Bible, King Saul asked a medium to summon the ghost of Samuel.

The story is interesting. Did she really summon Samuel, or was she speaking as though she summoned Samuel, to manipulate Saul? :idunno:

Thunder's Muse

I have always found the paranormal to be fascinating, even after getting saved. My understanding of it did change though. I am curious to hear what you think about it all, Thunder's Muse. Can you give us a quick overview of your position on the paranormal?

I've been aware of the Paranormal for as long as I can remember.

I believe that actual hauntings are quite rare but they do happen. Usually, it's more 'residual energy' that is creating the manifestations.

I have had many experiences...too many to discount it.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned

I'm not sure what to think of the phenomenon having no personal experience with it.

The story is interesting. Did she really summon Samuel, or was she speaking as though she summoned Samuel, to manipulate Saul? :idunno:
I had an out of body experience as a child. I remember floating around the house and seeing everyone sleep.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned

What does the context indicate?

Thunder's Muse

"Tulip Staircase" is a wonderful paranormal photograph. The one taken of a RAF mechanic unit, with the head and face of a very recently deceased unit member in it is also a good one (he had been decapitated a few days prior to the photograph). It is these photographs, the "unintentional ghost photos" that I am most interested in (there was no ghost/apparition prior to the photo being taken, it merely appeared on film).

Yeah, that's a good one too. A lot of the photos I look at, don't convince me if much but occasionally you see a good one.

Orb photographs...not so much. Too many of them are merely dust. "Shadow people" ones are interesting too, but are far too easy to fake/manipulate.

I don't really pay attention to the Orb pics for much the same reason.

Not sure if anyone watches "Ghost Adventures" with Zak Bagans, but if so, remain skeptical of much of it. The show is an attention/ratings grabber, and uses quite a deal of sensationalism (Bobby Mackey's Bar being a great example, as the beheading that took place "where the bar stands now" is false, it took place in a field a good distance from the modern bar, however the show continues to perpetuate the myth rather than the reality).

I don't watch any of those shows :chuckle:

Thunder's Muse

I've experienced a lot of stuff.

Levolor

I believe that actual hauntings are quite rare but they do happen. Usually, it's more 'residual energy' that is creating the manifestations.

Ditto.

I had an out of body experience as a child. I remember floating around the house and seeing everyone sleep.

Ditto.

Though going to the 3rd heaven is preferable...

The 5 solas

Thunder's Muse.....Do you attribute these experiences soley to "ghosts" or have you entertained the thought that they could be angelic or demonic in nature?

Thunder's Muse

Thunder's Muse.....Do you attribute these experiences soley to "ghosts" or have you entertained the thought that they could be angelic or demonic in nature?

Well, I never assume anything. It's dangerous to not have a certain amount of skepticism when considering such things.

I know enough to know never to be 'comfortable'.

One Eyed Jack

She seemed pretty surprised when Samuel showed up. She probably thought she was going to give Saul the usual song and dance before things went totally beyond her control.