The West is dead

musterion

I'm probably sitting the rest out. Last time I voted was for Romney, when I was actually voting against Obama. Can't see the harm, since I haven't received one single solitary thing I voted for in the past 20 years or so except BLAME. Even when I do vote, people like you claim people like me stayed home and cost the election.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'm probably sitting the rest out. Last time I voted was for Romney, when I was actually voting against Obama. Can't see the harm, since I haven't received one single solitary thing I voted for in the past 20 years or so except BLAME. Even when I do vote, people like you claim people like me stayed home and cost the election.

good for you that you voted
but
we can claim that people like you don't vote
because
you are mad

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Neither he nor Trump will be, or be allowed to be, the nominee.

That is what they said with Reagan as well...you never know how these things will play out but, expect any challenger to the progressive liberal RINO status quo to be met with resistance, and that lack of unification around the popular candidate with the voters will be the republican's undoing...yet again, you can see it coming.

musterion

That is what they said with Reagan as well...you never know how these things will play out but, expect any challenger to the progressive liberal RINO status quo to be met with resistance, and that lack of unification around the popular candidate with the voters will be the republican's undoing...yet again, you can see it coming.

One big difference between Trump and Reagan: there's no way to know just much of what Trump says is what he actually believes and would act upon if elected. Reagan was more of a known quantity by 1980. Trump still isn't. He is smart and very shrewd; he reads people very well. He's charismatic, and that helps him seem believable. But he could just be telling a disaffected electorate (us) what he knows we want to hear. I just don't know, and I don't think anyone else does, either. He could be legit, or he could be another Perot.

Either way, the GOP is not interested in putting up anyone who can merely win - they want someone they control, someone who resembles leftists because the GOP wants to continue to participate in the statist power structure that has been built atop the remains of the Republic. The last thing the GOP wants to do is upset or destroy it; hence their despising the Tea Party, Palin, etc. Hence people like McConnell, Boehner and Ryan. Trump, if genuine, is a real threat to all of that.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
One big difference between Trump and Reagan: there's no way to know just much of what Trump says is what he actually believes and would act upon if elected. Reagan was more of a known quantity by 1980. Trump still isn't. He is smart and very shrewd; he reads people very well. He's charismatic, and that helps him seem believable. But he could just be telling a disaffected electorate (us) what he knows we want to hear. I just don't know, and I don't think anyone else does, either. He could be legit, or he could be another Perot.

Either way, the GOP is not interested in putting up anyone who can merely win - they want someone they control, someone who resembles leftists because the GOP wants to continue to participate in the statist power structure that has been built atop the remains of the Republic. The last thing the GOP wants to do is upset or destroy it; hence their despising the Tea Party, Palin, etc. Hence people like McConnell, Boehner and Ryan. Trump, if genuine, is a real threat to all of that.

Trump seems to have no filter, he just blurts things out. A speech writer's nightmare. Just like the mocking of the disabled journalist.

musterion

Ta-da!

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-11-28/karl-rove-opens-his-rolodex-for-ben-carson
tada.gif

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Many societies have been moral, to varying degrees, but no civilization ever has been truly godly. Ours is no exception. Israel was godly only in fits and starts throughout her existence; much of the time she went whoring after idols and was chastised, crushed and sent into horrible slavery for it. But since the end of the period covered by the book of Acts, all nations are equally lost before God, just as at the scattering of Babel. All are now set aside by God as equally lost in unbelief. That means no nation today has precedence over others. Nor does any individual. ALL may come to Him, but solely and only through faith in Christ according to the Gospel of the grace of God, without works, as it was the death of the Son on the cross that paid the individual’s sin debt, and His raising from the dead which ensures the individual’s justification before God.

So to look for any societal-scale redemption of Europe or the U.S. — which by and large rejected the Word of God many decades ago — is vain. No society which tolerates or shrugs off such as this…

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...kicks-black-friday-violence-article-1.2448085

or this...

http://www.zombietime.com/up_your_alley_2008/

or this...

http://nypost.com/2015/11/27/people-having-sex-with-horses-is-on-the-rise-in-switzerland/

or this…

http://christiannews.net/2015/11/22...od-while-standing-next-to-photo-of-dead-baby/

…can stand in the face of an invader bent on converting, conquering or killing those it knows have grown soft and fat with iniquity. It just can't, not as a society.

There are saved individuals everywhere, and God knows who are His. But while Islam is of the Devil — on that point there is no argument — so is everything else in this world, most pointedly including the dissipated, useless “Christendom” of Europe and the U.S. that increasingly no longer believes God’s Word and isn’t even convinced He exists:

“In the last days, perilous times shall come. . .having a form [false outward appearance] of godliness but denying the POWER thereof” (2 Tim 3:5).

“…[Satan’s ministers] transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness" (2 Cor 11:15).

That power of true godliness is the Gospel of the grace of God itself, for it alone is “the power of God unto salvation” (Rom 1:16). So it wasn’t Islam the apostle Paul was warning about. It was professing but unsaved Christians to whom Christ will say, “Depart from Me, I never knew you.”

Yet if you ask most natives on the streets of Europe and the U.S. if they consider themselves at least nominally Christian, they’ll say “yes” no matter what else they believe or, more to the point, do not believe.

As a society, we’re doomed. But that really isn’t news (Rev 11:15).

Agree, i look for His return soon.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Who said anything about Trump? He is only one of the prospective outsider candidates albeit the most notable right now in the polls but, the truth is that any candidate that approaches the nomination that is not the anointed will be attacked furiously & viciously by the progressive left & progressive RINO wing of the republican party alike. Neither wants anything but, more of the same...Big Government! They are invested in it, and will not go quietly. It is time to clean house and throw out all these RINO bums in the house & senate as well, the political toilet needs flushing it is slam full of progressive RINO & progressive liberal turds. :comeout: