College Football 2015

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Big mistake on lsu if they let that happen. Word is here that Les Miles will be bought out (15 million) and LSU is after Jimbo Fisher...

LSU didn't win a whole lot before Miles in the modern era. Saban wasn't there very long. Doing simple math going from 1980 (Before Saban)to 2000 they were 124-99. The 60s and 70s were a long time ago and it doesn't mean anything to recruits.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Baylor is still only 7th in the football playoff poll after knocking off Oklahoma State. Next year they should expect the same gratification for their effort. The 2016 out of conference schedule has powerhouses Southern Methodist, Northwestern State and Rice.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Baylor is still only 7th in the football playoff poll after knocking off Oklahoma State.

Baylor still has TCU

Anything can still happen. Alabama could lose to Florida, Florida could lose to Florida St, Clemson could lose to North Carolina, Oklahoma could lose to Oklahoma St, Notre Dame could lose to Stanford, Michigan St could lose to Penn St, Iowa could lose to Nebraska, and Ohio St could lose to Michigan.

No team is a lock for the four team playoff as of today.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
listening to mike and mike

this late in the game
look how many still have a shot at the playoffs

clemson
alabama
oklahoma
iowa
michigan state
michigan
notre dame
stanford
north carolina
florida
baylor
ohio state

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

this late in the game

clemson
alabama
oklahoma
iowa
michigan state
michigan
notre dame
stanford
north carolina
florida
baylor

Ohio St. should be on the list also.

If Michigan St loses to Penn St, and Ohio St beats Michigan, then Ohio St gets to play in the Big 10 Championship game against Iowa, and if they win that, they are in the playoff.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

this late in the game

clemson
alabama
oklahoma
iowa
michigan state
michigan
notre dame
stanford
north carolina
florida
baylor
ohio state

If Michigan St loses to Penn St, and Ohio St beats Michigan, then Ohio St gets to play in the Big 10 Championship game against Iowa, and if they win that, they are in the playoff.

right you are

missed that one

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
missed that one

These next two weekends of college football should be very exciting to watch.

My prediction:

Clemson
Alabama
Michigan St.
Notre Dame****

****I predict Oklahoma St will beat Oklahoma, and the committee with give the fourth spot to Notre Dame over Oklahoma St and Baylor because of the TV ratings Notre Dame will give them.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

He hasn't forgotten the beating Holtz took twice, even after Regis Philbin promised him victory. ;)

I opposed and still oppose a 4 and 8 team playoff. Conference champions and a handful of elite teams make the 16 team playoff that starts early December. No more of these 14 and 15 game seasons that was done for TV money that the athletes performing don't get. But that is another thread. There will be quite a few 1 loss teams this year that have a legitimate claim. Of course, there are two games left and some will play each other.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He hasn't forgotten the beating Holtz took twice, even after Regis Philbin promised him victory. ;)

35179b8ea15f81991f4292dc870e41bf.jpg

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
These next two weekends of college football should be very exciting to watch.

My prediction:

Clemson
Alabama
Michigan St.
Notre Dame****

****I predict Oklahoma St will beat Oklahoma, and the committee with give the fourth spot to Notre Dame over Oklahoma St and Baylor because of the TV ratings Notre Dame will give them.

it doesn't get any better than this

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So does former Pitt player Mark May

He can root for or against anybody he wants, but his lack of professional commentary got him sacked and demoted to half time scores and made him a regular over at awfulannouncing.com. Desmond Howard hates them too, but doesn't obsess over it on air during a show.

Why would he not want to be remembered for his NFL greatness?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He can root for or against anybody he wants, but his lack of professional commentary got him sacked and demoted to half time scores and made him a regular over at awfulannouncing.com. Desmond Howard hates them too, but doesn't obsess over it on air during a show.

I can't remember where I read it, but I think Mark May picked against Ohio St. 22 out of 29 times when he did pregame.

I don't understand where May got his hatred for Ohio St. During his four years at Pitt, Pitt never played Ohio St, and he's from New York.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speaking of Pitt, they host Miami tomorrow at noon at Heinz Field.

Back in the day, this would have been a big game.

Now, they'll be lucky if 25,000 people show up for the game.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

seriously
do you think ohio st will beat michigan?
it is all over urban
no more fun for you

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I would like to see a two loss team in the playoffs
and
it better not be stanford
and
it better not be alabama