A Proof that God Exists

Ben Masada

A PROOF THAT GOD EXISTS.

According to Moses Maimonides, a Philosopher, Theologian and Medical Doctor in his book "The Guide for the Perplexed," there would be no need for a Creator if the universe was eternal, without beginning or end. In other words, God would not exist. However, if the universe did have a beginning,God by necessity would exist.

From Abraham and until Aristotle God existed only for the pious who could exercise faith. For Cosmologists God had only been a probability, extremely small nevertheless a probability. At the time of Aristotle that small probability had been erased as Aristotle discovered that the universe was eternal; no beginning and no end. The pious went on with their faith but as Science was concerned, the non-existence of God had been proved. The line of thought that God's existence was depending on the universe having had a beginning lasted from about 330 BCE with Aristotle and until 1922 ACE with Georges Lemaitre a Catholic priest who brought the news about the Big Bang to the whole world as the beginning of the universe.

Cosmologists throughout the world had to adopt Lemaitre's discovery as the nearest approach to the truth they had ever achieved. Now, since the universe had indeed a beginning, a proof had be established for the existence of God, blessed be He!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
According to Moses Maimonides, a Philosopher, Theologian and Medical Doctor...

Also a solid article of faith of Moses Maimonides is this one:

13. Belief in the resurrection of the dead. This principle may be little discussed today, but for Maimonides, it was a solid article of faith. Though scholars have debated what type of bodily resurrection Maimonides believed in, he did state that individuals who follow the path of righteousness will experience resurrection after their death.
(Survey of Maimonides’ 13 Principles of Jewish Faith Posted on September 16, 2015 by yosefmeystel)​

Do you share Moses Maimonides faith?

CherubRam

This and other scriptures show that everything about us is recorded, so that we may be called back into being.

Ezekiel 37:3
He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”

Matthew 10:30
And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

CherubRam

The human genome map has been completed, and we have computers that can communicate between the brain and limb, and yet there are still people who do not believe in a resurrection.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Proof that God Exists.

Proof that God Exists.

Also a solid article of faith of Moses Maimonides is this one:

13. Belief in the resurrection of the dead. This principle may be little discussed today, but for Maimonides, it was a solid article of faith. Though scholars have debated what type of bodily resurrection Maimonides believed in, he did state that individuals who follow the path of righteousness will experience resurrection after their death.
(Survey of Maimonides’ 13 Principles of Jewish Faith Posted on September 16, 2015 by yosefmeystel)

Do you share Moses Maimonides faith?

Yes, I do share Moses Maimonides' Faith but he in his 13 Principles of Faith, did not refer to bodily resurrection but to the return of the Jews from exile. That's what exiles mean. According to Isaiah 53:8,9, whenever the Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they have been cut off from the Land of the Living and graves are assigned to them among the nations. At the end of the exile, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. This is explained by the vision of the Dry Bones in Ezekiel 37:12.

A Jewish man of the "size" of Moses Maimonides would not have endorsed the Christian doctrine of bodily resurrection. If you read II Tim. 2:8, Paul was the one who fabricated the Hellenistic idea that Jesus had resurrected when he said that it was according to his - Paul's gospel - that Jesus had resurrected. It means that at his time there was another gospel being preached about Jesus in which his resurrection was not mentioned. Now, if you read II Cor. 11:4-6, 13
after listening to the apostles of Jesus, Paul was disappointed that they were preaching a different gospel from his about a different Jesus and for that matter, he considered them as false apostles for practicing deceit in their disguising as apostles of Jesus.

CherubRam

How exactly does, the universe had a beginning, prove that a God must have done it?

The bible says that the universe was created and that it did not always exist. That agrees with science. Many years ago evolutionist believed that the universe always existed, and that there was no God.

CherubRam

Yes, I do share Moses Maimonides' Faith but he in his 13 Principles of Faith, did not refer to bodily resurrection but to the return of the Jews from exile. That's what exiles mean. According to Isaiah 53:8,9, whenever the Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they have been cut off from the Land of the Living and graves are assigned to them among the nations. At the end of the exile, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. This is explained by the vision of the Dry Bones in Ezekiel 37:12.

A Jewish man of the "size" of Moses Maimonides would not have endorsed the Christian doctrine of bodily resurrection. If you read II Tim. 2:8, Paul was the one who fabricated the Hellenistic idea that Jesus had resurrected when he said that it was according to his - Paul's gospel - that Jesus had resurrected. It means that at his time there was another gospel being preached about Jesus in which his resurrection was not mentioned. Now, if you read II Cor. 11:4-6, 13
after listening to the apostles of Jesus, Paul was disappointed that they were preaching a different gospel from his about a different Jesus and for that matter, he considered them as false apostles for practicing deceit in their disguising as apostles of Jesus.

In the day of the disciples there were false teachers leading the followers astray. Ben, you have more false notions than any person I have ever met.

PureX

There is no 'proof' that God exists, of course. But I do believe that there is reasonable evidence to suggest that a God exists. Some will dismiss that evidence, and some will accept it, but I do believe it's more reasonable to accept it as it is reasonable evidence, even if we can't yet accept it as conclusive evidence.

I, personally, don't choose to believe in the reality of God based on objective or empirical evidence, alone, anyway. I choose to believe it based on the results of such belief, and on the fact that I have no proof or conclusive evidence to the contrary. And I find the results of such a belief to be positive, overall. And so until someone can show me that such a belief is wrong, I will continue to hold to it.

Hedshaker

The bible says that the universe was created and that it did not always exist. That agrees with science. Many years ago evolutionist believed that the universe always existed, and that there was no God.

The Bible is not a science book and many top line scientists and cosmologist are now of the opinion that the Big Bang was an event, not the beginning, and that includes Roger Penrose who would have dismissed that out right a few years ago. But even if it was the beginning that still doesn't prove that goddidit.

glassjester

Intelligent design is just creationism by another name, which is religion, not science, and does not prove that the existence of the universe is evidence that goddidit.

I'm inclined to agree.

What properties must the cause of the universe have?

WizardofOz

Theist and atheist: the fight between them is as to whether God shall be called God or shall have some other name.

- Samuel Butler

quip

BANNED
Banned
Something of design must have a designer.

Prove the the universe was designed..and you might be on to something.

Then there's the cronic problem of exactly which "god" this may refer to....but let's just deal with one problem at a time.

PureX

It's a shame that the "intelligent design" campaign was and is so dishonest, because I believe there really is something to it in terms of evidence for the reality of "God". But because the Bible literalists have laid claim to the idea, and the label, and then dishonestly represented it, it has become nearly impossible to even mention it without sparking a blinding debate from people who aren't thinking or listening to each other, at all.

Existence does require order to maintain it's own integrity. And that order IS EVIDENCE of what we would generally call "design". But so far, that's all we can say about it, because we have no idea from whence that "design" originates. Yet it is evident in all things. Always. From before the universe began, to after it ends (presumably). And I have encountered no reasonable internal, materialistic explanation for this mystery. None.

It's not proof, but it is evidence. And it's impossible to reason our way around it. Not honestly, anyway.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's a shame that the "intelligent design" campaign was and is so dishonest, because I believe there really is something to it in terms of evidence for the reality of "God". But because the Bible literalists have laid claim to the idea, and the label, and then dishonestly represented it, it has become nearly impossible to even mention it without sparking a blinding debate from people who aren't thinking or listening to each other, at all.

Existence does require order to maintain it's own integrity. And that order IS EVIDENCE of what we would generally call "design". But so far, that's all we can say about it, because we have no idea from whence that "design" originates. Yet it is evident in all things. Always. From before the universe began, to after it ends (presumably). And I have encountered no reasonable internal, materialistic explanation for this mystery. None.

It's not proof, but it is evidence. And it's impossible to reason our way around it. Not honestly, anyway.

Read Paul's epistles and understand what they say.

Romans 1:20 KJV - Psalm 19:1-3 KJV -

quip

BANNED
Banned

You simply can't posit the universe has been designed. To assume design you must likewise assume an intention for said design...which of course infers a (prime mover) god who's very existence is propped upon that presupposed notion of design.

Circular logic. :idunno: