User Tag List

Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 155562636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1026

Thread: Summit Clock Experiment 2.0: Time is Absolute

  1. #961
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    16,739
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 9,509 Times in 7,203 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147817
    Your scientism is showing.

    You can't prove anything with an experiment.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

    Here's a post Town desperately wants you to read.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 27th, 2017)

  3. #962
    Over 4000 post club gcthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,202
    Thanks
    539
    Thanked 908 Times in 614 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    457949
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Your scientism is showing.

    You can't prove anything with an experiment.
    Since you know that proofs are only for formal logic asks mathematics, not for science, I have to assume to mean by proof, "strong evidence for". And here it is.

    As you have been shown, relativity is established as the best description of the universe's behaviour suit top the fact that it provides the best fit for tie actual data.

    And of the alternative to scientism (whichever of the various meanings of it you intend) it rather more reliable than 'personal revelation' or 'faith' or whatever it is you are relying on. The trouble with faith based positions such as yours is that you can't objectively pick from the millions of difference assertions of Truth. You will claim logic, of course, but you never did answer my question as to how well that worked out for the Greeks' attempts to describe the world without physical evidence and testable hypotheses.
    Last edited by gcthomas; December 24th, 2017 at 08:44 AM.
    We wunt be druv.

    Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

  4. #963
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,948
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 749 Times in 524 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    300409
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post


    Cabinethead

    But you won't provide the proof.
    I provided you with information regarding universal constants. Did you read it? Do you understand what universal constants are? What kind of proof are you looking for? And lastly, why does c being a constant bother you so very much?
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  5. #964
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,948
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 749 Times in 524 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    300409
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Your scientism is showing.

    You can't prove anything with an experiment.
    Yes you can. That is why we do them, to prove, or disprove, a hypothesis.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  6. #965
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    16,739
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 9,509 Times in 7,203 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147817
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas View Post
    Since you know that proofs are only for formal logic asks mathematics, not for science, I have to assume to mean by proof, "strong evidence for".
    Nope.

    Einstein sought to prove his postulate. Math.

    Do try to keep up.

    As you have been shown, relativity is established as the best description of the universe's behaviour suit top the fact that it provides the best fit for tie actual data.
    It doesn't.

    But we can't even start to look at the math, because you think it is irrelevant.

    The trouble with faith based positions such as yours is that you can't objectively pick from the millions of difference assertions of Truth.
    Maths, remember?

    You're the one insisting that we should regard an idea as sacrosanct because of experiments.

    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    I provided you with information regarding universal constants.
    That's nice.

    Get back to us when you figure out what the conversation is about.

    What kind of proof are you looking for?
    This whole reading thing is a bit beyond you, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Yes you can. That is why we do them, to prove, or disprove, a hypothesis.


    Somebody put this moron out of his misery, please?
    Last edited by Stripe; December 24th, 2017 at 04:28 PM.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

    Here's a post Town desperately wants you to read.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 27th, 2017)

  8. #966
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,948
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 749 Times in 524 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    300409
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Nope.

    Einstein sought to prove his postulate. Math.

    Do try to keep up.

    It doesn't.

    But we can't even start to look at the math, because you think it is irrelevant.

    Maths, remember?

    You're the one insisting that we should regard an idea as sacrosanct because of experiments.

    That's nice.

    Get back to us when you figure out what the conversation is about.



    This whole reading thing is a bit beyond you, isn't it?





    Somebody put this moron out of his misery, please?
    So why do we even bother with experiments if they don't prove anything? No, they do not prove anything in terms of a mathematical or logical, proof, but the do give us data that supports (proves in the colloquial) or refutes (disprove in the colloquial) the hypothesis the experiment was designed to test.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  9. #967
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    16,739
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 9,509 Times in 7,203 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147817
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    So why do we even bother with experiments if they don't prove anything? No, they do not prove anything in terms of a mathematical or logical, proof, but the do give us data that supports (proves in the colloquial) or refutes (disprove in the colloquial) the hypothesis the experiment was designed to test.
    Now that you've gotten that right, perhaps you can figure out what the conversation is about.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

    Here's a post Town desperately wants you to read.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 27th, 2017)

  11. #968
    Over 4000 post club gcthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,202
    Thanks
    539
    Thanked 908 Times in 614 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    457949
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Now that you've gotten that right, perhaps you can figure out what the conversation is about.
    Christmas, the time for true believers to get online and insult random strangers. Go for it Stipe!
    We wunt be druv.

    Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

  12. #969
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    16,739
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 9,509 Times in 7,203 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147817
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas View Post
    Christmas, the time for true believers to get online and insult random strangers. Go for it Stipe!
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

    Here's a post Town desperately wants you to read.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 27th, 2017)

  14. #970
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,948
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 749 Times in 524 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    300409
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Now that you've gotten that right, perhaps you can figure out what the conversation is about.
    Hare you incapable of answering a direct question?
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  15. #971
    Over 4000 post club gcthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,202
    Thanks
    539
    Thanked 908 Times in 614 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    457949
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Hare you incapable of answering a direct question?
    Yes, he is entirely incapable of answering anything remotely technical. That is exactly right.

    He is a right pillock.
    Last edited by gcthomas; December 26th, 2017 at 01:05 PM.
    We wunt be druv.

    Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

  16. #972
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    16,739
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 9,509 Times in 7,203 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147817
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Hare you incapable of answering a direct question?
    No.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

    Here's a post Town desperately wants you to read.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (December 26th, 2017),Tambora (December 27th, 2017)

  18. #973
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,948
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 749 Times in 524 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    300409
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    No.
    Really? Let's test that.

    why does it matter to you whether c is a constant or not?
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  19. #974
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    16,739
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 9,509 Times in 7,203 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147817
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Really? Let's test that.
    We just did, you eternal dummy.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

    Here's a post Town desperately wants you to read.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 27th, 2017)

  21. #975
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,948
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 749 Times in 524 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    300409
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    We just did, you eternal dummy.
    Why won't you answer a direct question dealing with your motives?
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us