Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It's completely tone deaf. That decorated table isn't affordable for families who aren't going to get the tax breaks that rich people and corporations will be getting in the tax budget, who won't be able to get affordable healthcare, or whose medicare will be cut. That's the table of a family who's well off enough to buy decorations instead of food.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It's completely tone deaf. That decorated table isn't affordable for families who aren't going to get the tax breaks that rich people and corporations will be getting in the tax budget, who won't be able to get affordable healthcare, or whose medicare will be cut. That's the table of a family who's well off enough to buy decorations instead of food.
I thought you might say something along those lines and there could be reasonable ways to express that concern. But that tweet was nothing like that.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I thought you might say something along those lines and there could be reasonable ways to express that concern. But that tweet was nothing like that.

That particular tweet was social commentary on the fact that most of the family is under an indictment cloud and for good reason, and I thought it was funny and on the mark.

I'm sure there are other tweets that might have to do with my own thoughts on the daughter of the billionaire giving out table decorating ideas when so many don't have any discretionary income left for buying giant clam shells.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That particular tweet was social commentary on the fact that most of the family is under an indictment cloud and for good reason, and I thought it was funny and on the mark.

I'm sure there are other tweets that might have to do with my own thoughts on the daughter of the billionaire giving out table decorating ideas when so many don't have any discretionary income left for buying giant clam shells.

In fairness to the woman who made that tweet, she is just speaking on behalf of the millions of Americans who are paying for the tax cuts for billionaires such as Trump.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ivanka Trump posted on Twitter today:

Ivanka Trump HQVerified account @IvankaTrumpHQFollowFollow
@IvankaTrumpHQ

Have no idea how to decorate your Thanksgiving table? Problem solved: http://bit.ly/2zGtLQp

DOynfUHV4AAwCCd.jpg
It looks like some mystical sea creature threw up on a table. :plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In fairness to the woman who made that tweet, she is just speaking on behalf of the millions of Americans who are paying for the tax cuts for billionaires such as Trump.

Yeah. And a lot of people tend to respond these days according to the environment that her father set the tone for long ago.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

I think many of us are for the bills and plans, which benefit us. For me, the market would stay strong with the corporate tax cuts. Anyone invested in the stock market will profit by the tax cut.

As to the personal tax cut, I am disappointed with it being in the same bill as the corporate tax cut, as some Democrats believe corporations are taxed too highly and may move corporations headquarter outside the USA

Regarding personal tax cuts and changes, I think all lower income earners should get a better deal, which is not always the case with the proposed tax plan. I am not so much in favor of the personal tax plan.

Regarding healthcare, I think the AHC needs to be changed for the better by not having older persons with less money paying more for healthcare. In fact, I am what most consider a liberal on healthcare since I support single provider government healthcare.

I wanted to clarify my own position on this. Also agree Trump is not best sited for the presidency.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm still enjoying this Trump Presidency in spite of the witch hunts, fake news, media bias and the obstruction of the useless dems. Trump is enjoying it too, he's loose, relaxed and having the time of his life. God Bless America.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
139_184941.jpg

I'm still enjoying this Trump Presidency in spite of the witch hunts, fake news, media bias and the obstruction of the useless dems. Trump is enjoying it too, he's loose, relaxed and having the time of his life. God Bless America.

Trump stands to pocket $1 billion if the current tax bill is enacted - while 13 million Americans would lose their healthcare!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yeah. And a lot of people tend to respond these days according to the environment that her father set the tone for long ago.

Trump has made it worse but the general tone was set before him. And regardless, it doesn't mean we should join in. Do you like the tone? Do tweets like that help the tone?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It's easier to be loose and relaxed when you're only shown positive info.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...y-show-him-polls-to-make-him-feel-good-report
President Trump’s advisers only show him polls that will make him feel good, Politico reported Saturday.

Trump’s aides will typically only show the president polls that focus on his base or public polls with good numbers for Trump, such as those from the polling firm Rasmussen, the report said.

“The polls are about the base,” one adviser told Politico. “He cares about the base.”

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's easier to be loose and relaxed when you're only shown positive info.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...y-show-him-polls-to-make-him-feel-good-report
President Trump’s advisers only show him polls that will make him feel good, Politico reported Saturday.

Trump’s aides will typically only show the president polls that focus on his base or public polls with good numbers for Trump, such as those from the polling firm Rasmussen, the report said.

“The polls are about the base,” one adviser told Politico. “He cares about the base.”
You think showing him poll numbers makes him loose and relaxed? Should they be showing him negative information?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump has made it worse but the general tone was set before him. And regardless, it doesn't mean we should join in. Do you like the tone? Do tweets like that help the tone?

It's a metal prison tray, it made a statement I agreed with about the family dynastic and potentially indictable situation that's a reality for this administration, and in that light I thought the tone was appropriate and measured. So yes, I liked the tone. The writer didn't call Ivanka any names, certainly didn't treat her the way I've seen Michelle Obama treated.

So I'm not going to go any farther down this road with you, kmo. Maybe if more people had questioned the tone at TOL more often over the years, asking whether I liked the tone would be a helpful question. But most people don't question the tone here, they're either handing out the "truth smack" or toughening up against the "truth smack." Or leaving the forum because they're not into "truth smack."

Ivanka isn't some damsel in distress, she grew up and has lived her whole life with every creature comfort it was possible to have. This was her bed when she was a little girl:

404FE24E00000578-0-image-a-19_1494774385608.jpg

It's an illusion that Trump plays on, that he really has anything in common with the average American, and that translates to Ivanka as well. Trump plays on the perception that he, a billionaire, really cares about the people of this country, when all he really seems interested in is tweeting snark and playing golf and eating hamburgers at one of his golf clubs, while the GOP establishment works to shaft the middle and lower class.

What the base shares with Trump, and they've admitted it and it's been admitted on this forum, is that he "truth smacks" just the way they do. In that, Trump and his base really are simpatico. That's part of the reason we're on a race to the bottom politically because the acceptable behavior for a president keeps getting lowered and normalized, lowered and normalized. People will always find a way to speak truth to power though, and that's going to keep happening, even if the tone doesn't always meet our expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.