Man's Nature vs Man's condition"?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
If we do not have the ability to discern then the power to do good must come from God

Do you want God's best? Jn 5:6 Or, do you plan to sell your soul for a bowl of soup (Mal 1:3)?
Want
drunk_walk-2125.gif
the knowledge of good and evil?
mousy.gif
Or do you want to be holy? Phil 3:10

redneck.gif

dialm

BANNED
Banned
You know nothing of what I believe.

Of course I know Adam couldn't refuse.

My point was that even Adam knowing he would die was not enough to give him the ability to do good.

Do not let your hatred of free will doctrine cloud your ability to know that we do have a will.

Romans 7:18 KJV

18 For I know that in me (that is , in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

The natural man has a will. A will to do evil continually. The Elect are called out of that. We are empowered to persevere.

nikolai_42

Money is the symbolic measure of trade; you would be arguing trade is the root of evil. Not so, I think you can do better?

Money represents (and affects, for a time) autonomy. You can take a $1 bill and buy that pack of Tic Tacs or go somewhere else with that same dollar and buy a couple pencils. The thing is, that dollar won't feed you or clothe you - not on its own. But put that dollar in the bank and add lots and lots of other dollars to it and you start to be able to make more and more choices. You can buy groceries and clothes and even nicer clothes and bigger homes to store those clothes and groceries...and cars....and toys...It buys you the ability to not worry about where your next meal is coming from, where you will get the next pair of clothes etc... You have to rely on no one if you have enough money. Get some more and you can afford really nice luxuries that few others dream of (much less could afford). You have this broadening illusion that nothing is beyond your grasp and anything you want you can get - even buying loyalty. The more stock you put in money, the more you buy into the deception that it can keep you from pretty much anything that could harm you (buy armies...weapons...governments to do your bidding if you have enouth).

Of course, the deception is that it only buys the body that protection - and no one is immune from death. Nor does it do one bit of good for the soul of man.

Men love money because they believe the deception.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Money is the symbolic measure of trade; you would be arguing trade is the root of evil. Not so, I think you can do better?

Very well. (But my point was specific to a certain preaching style. One that bent over backwards in order to carry on instead of teaching what they really believed.)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Very well. (But my point was specific to a certain preaching style. One that bent over backwards in order to carry on instead of teaching what they really believed.)

Perhaps then the point is false teaching is evil.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Money represents (and affects, for a time) autonomy. You can take a $1 bill and buy that pack of Tic Tacs or go somewhere else with that same dollar and buy a couple pencils. The thing is, that dollar won't feed you or clothe you - not on its own. But put that dollar in the bank and add lots and lots of other dollars to it and you start to be able to make more and more choices. You can buy groceries and clothes and even nicer clothes and bigger homes to store those clothes and groceries...and cars....and toys...It buys you the ability to not worry about where your next meal is coming from, where you will get the next pair of clothes etc... You have to rely on no one if you have enough money. Get some more and you can afford really nice luxuries that few others dream of (much less could afford). You have this broadening illusion that nothing is beyond your grasp and anything you want you can get - even buying loyalty. The more stock you put in money, the more you buy into the deception that it can keep you from pretty much anything that could harm you (buy armies...weapons...governments to do your bidding if you have enouth).

Of course, the deception is that it only buys the body that protection - and no one is immune from death. Nor does it do one bit of good for the soul of man.

Men love money because they believe the deception.

:blabla::blabla::blabla:

Anyone who thinks know this.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You are very insightful. Will you tell us something of your background?

I'm sure you would be able to ascertain some idea for yourself by asking other members.

Theology: I am no more educated than any studied layperson.

I am one of the few doctors on the forum.

nikolai_42

:blabla::blabla::blabla:

Anyone who thinks know this.

You seemed to be overlooking the critical difference between "Money is the root of all evil" and "The love of money is the root of all evil". So I didn't see the comparison you made. But even assuming it held, the idea of trade misses the point of the original quote of Jesus (EDIT : WRONG - it was I Tim 6:10). Just explaining why I didn't buy your comparison.

whitestone

I read the selections you suggested in your other post and am not sure what I was to conclude? Perhaps that there is a place for us?

The place where we were originally created to dwell is,,,third heaven,Eden,Paradise,Gan,Pardes, there all the same place(notice where the tree of life is). Adam was made fro the dust of the earth and then put in "Eden",,after the fall they were driven out into the earth where he was made.

We are told in Genesis 3:22 KJV we must now take of the tree of life "and live". We look at this world and are afraid to depart it(were used to it,feels comfortable) ,but we were intended to dwell in another place from the beginning.

We were driven out into this place because of the events in the garden and the quest is to return back. Jesus is the only way back to the garden. The Savior was created (FIRST) Colossians 1:15 KJV and then(after) the men/mankind were created to be saved.

So the thought was not to save us after we fell,as if an afterthought, the Savior who was to save us was created before we fell and then the man who was to be saved. That is if the first creature in creation is created as "an Savior",those afterward who were made must be saved by the one created "to save" to be in agreement with the father and there can be no other path. That place,Eden where we were to dwell is the place that Savior is intending for us to dwell again.

This earth where we now dwell will corrupt. the trees will fall down and the metal will rust. All in it will be reduced into dust, the dust will be reduced to it's elements,the elements to the atoms and they will resolve themselves to their half lives. They will fall to the ground and gravity will pull them into the earth through the grains of sand and into the fire in the earths insides we call magma.

In the Resurrection of the dead these whom that Savior was created to save will be raised "incorruptible",they will not go into the bowels of tartaroo but be called from it and dwell in the third heaven.

This is the "sixth day" in the generations of the heavens and the earth Genesis 2:4 KJV . There remains another "day" in the prophecy of the seven. Six days thou shall do all thy work Genesis 3:17-19 KJV ,,and on the seventh ye shall rest Exodus 34:21 KJV (no longer labor in thorns and thistles).

Perhaps Ive said too much,forgive me if so. There is a place for us prepared from the beginning which is not this place but another,Eden,the third Heaven. This serpent from the garden,he must need be born into this world to settle the debt,the seed sown he must reap and the seed he planted is death, that is in the day ye eat therof ye shall surly die. So in this day that very seed he planted he will surly reap,he also will eat of it,and so must be born into the earth to fulfill it.

There is as if a key in Revelation 1:19 KJV if one remembers John is told three things. In that day when John was given this vision he was told things "that were"(took place before the vision),,"are"(were going on while he was receiving the vision),,must "shortly come to pass"(things that would happen afterward),,,,separate the "three things being spoken of".

lol,,maybe what I'm saying isn't the best way to say it,I apologize in stumbling around with words. You know there are things about the books you are studying that become more complicated the more you consider them. The book of Job is older than Genesis,it's our 18th book but it should be first then Genesis(prove it to your mind is the only way you'll believe it,but hey,lol),,,I'll shut up for now,,,,,,