Do some Republican candidates need to drop out?

lighthouse99

To add to this, most of what the president does is compromise in regards to passing legislation through Congress, anyway.

i think the structure of our govt needs to change because I htink Congress should have more power than the pres, even in military decisions

why should one man have all that power -- over such absolutely important issues as how we deal with Thug State and their terrorism

Newman

Sometimes I wonder why candidates stay in as long as they do, especially when they not only have low poll numbers, but consistently declining numbers. I guess they are trying to drum up long term support for another run in 4 years.

Quetzal

i think the structure of our govt needs to change because I htink Congress should have more power than the pres, even in military decisions

why should one man have all that power -- over such absolutely important issues as how we deal with Thug State and their terrorism
To be fair, Congress does have power of the purse. In that way they do have control with the military. I do not think it has ever been exercised, though.

Quetzal

Sometimes I wonder why candidates stay in as long as they do, especially when they not only have low poll numbers, but consistently declining numbers. I guess they are trying to drum up long term support for another run in 4 years.
Or they are trying to garner support for a vice president running mate or future nomination to the cabinet. (Like Hillary did.)

lighthouse99

yes, that may be part of it. Whatever it is, it comes across as incredibly selfish

do they love their own careers more than their country?

well, i can't judge someone's heart/mind/soul, but i do know what things look like

i can't help what things look like to me

and looks like not only me

:luigi:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
exactly.

I'm so glad Cruz is doing well in Iowa

It seems Cruz is--well, i want to say Trump Lite

And yet that seems to be rather insulting to Cruz. I agree w/ a lot of what Trump says, but he is--oh, heck, i don't even know where to begin :shocked:
Trump is a buffoon. Cruz, is sharp and knows how to play the game. He's a real conservative in the same vein as Reagan.

lighthouse99

Or they are trying to garner support for a vice president running mate or future nomination to the cabinet. (Like Hillary did.)

but in the primary, there are going to be too many candidates

candidates who take away votes from really good choices like Ted Cruz

Do we want a candidate who wins with only 30% of the vote?

weird

Newman

Trump is a buffoon. Cruz, is sharp and knows how to play the game. He's a real conservative in the same vein as Reagan.

I think he's too hawkish in foreign policy to be a real conservative. But then, that is "in the same vein as Reagan." I would just disagree that Reaganism is real conservatism.

Quetzal

I need to read up on Cruz. I will be honest, with all the media Trump is getting, I know next to nothing about Cruz.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think he's [Cruz] too hawkish in foreign policy to be a real conservative.

You're confusing conservatism with your beloved Libertarianism.

But then, that is "in the same vein as Reagan." I would just disagree that Reaganism is real conservatism.

A broken clock is right twice a day: Ronald Reagan was not a true conservative. (I'm still looking for a second post from Newman that is correct).

Newman

You're confusing conservatism with your beloved Libertarianism.

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. - Thomas Jefferson

A broken clock is right twice a day: Ronald Reagan was not a true conservative. (I'm still looking for a second post from Newman that is correct).

1+1=2

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Islam isn't a nation. It's a religion.

Are you familiar with the word "theocracy"?

TJ's use of the Marines wasn't against Islam in general, but against a specific group of criminals.

Wrong again. As the article on Jefferson stated: "In essence, the Ambassador from Tripoli stated that their religion, Islam, gave them the right to kidnap and murder and enslave those who held different beliefs."
As a religion, Jefferson would have treated like any other; N.B. 1st amendment.

LOL...Libertarians.