ECT Why the Bride of Christ is the Body of Christ. 2

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Where do you get this nonsense?

The "man child" in Rev 12 is Jesus Christ and the "woman" is Israel.

It's not that hard to understand.
:

:thumb: Exactly!

Only folks that discount the irrevocable promises that GOD made to His covenant people see it otherwise.
When one misplaces Israel, it becomes blender time for all scripture.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:

:thumb: Exactly!

Only folks that discount the irrevocable promises that GOD made to His covenant people see it otherwise.
When one misplaces Israel, it becomes blender time for all scripture.

The Jews in Jesus day thought as you do.

They were wrong.

LA

Cross Reference

Rev. 12 & 13 all takes place in the middle of the 7 year period of the tribulation soon to come; the beginning of the last half. That part called the "Great Tribulation".

Now, what part about that doesn't anyone understand?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev.12 begins with the vision of Zion out of which Christ first came and how Satan determined to destroy her Child who then was risen to Heaven.

The chapter then skips to the dragon trying to destroy Zions children, and has been mixing itself among the believers until at the last he is thrown out and the Church is full of power and begets Her children for the thousand years and draws so many others to support Her whose lives will also be spared when Christ returns after the last witness.

If you read it without this verse which refers back to Christ then it flows better concerning the end times--

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Same as--

Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. (Christ)

Isa 66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Isa 66:9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

This is also shown in Isaiah ch 49.

Isa 49:14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
Isa 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Isa 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
Isa 49:17 Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.
Isa 49:18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For CR--

Rev.12 begins with the vision of Zion out of which Christ first came and how Satan determined to destroy her Child who then was risen to Heaven.

The chapter then skips to the dragon trying to destroy Zions children, and has been mixing itself among the believers until at the last he is thrown out and the Church is full of power and begets Her children for the thousand years and draws so many others to support Her whose lives will also be spared when Christ returns after the last witness.

If you read it without this verse which refers back to Christ then it flows better concerning the end times--

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Same as--

Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. (Christ)

Isa 66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Isa 66:9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

Isa 49:14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
Isa 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Isa 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
Isa 49:17 Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.
Isa 49:18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

LA

Right Divider

Body part

Same as--

LA
One of Israels prophets speaking the Word of the LORD to Israel. What a surprise!

The Book of Isaiah and the Book of the Revelation have many identical revelations. What a surprise!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not in the church which is His body.

You think the body of Christ is not the Bride of Christ.

Your teachers have deceived you, so that you and they can escape the relationship and duties of Christ's Bride.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Pro 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Pro 31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
Pro 31:12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
Pro 31:13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
Pro 31:14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
Pro 31:15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
Pro 31:16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Pro 31:17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
Pro 31:18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
Pro 31:19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
Pro 31:20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
Pro 31:21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
Pro 31:22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
Pro 31:23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
Pro 31:24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
Pro 31:25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
Pro 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
Pro 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
Pro 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
Pro 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
Pro 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
Pro 31:31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are Christians not God's covenant people?

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not in the church which is His body.

For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.

This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. (Ephesians 5:30-32 NKJV)​

Cross Reference

I believe nothing fits the "woman" mentioned in Rev 12 as being other than the "visible" church. The "man child", the very elect. The remnant of her seed, the "elect". cf Rev 7:14 to see why they didn't make the cut..

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
You think the body of Christ is not the Bride of Christ.
No, I KNOW that it is not. The body of Christ is ONE NEW MAN.

Your teachers have deceived you, so that you and they can escape the relationship and duties of Christ's Bride.
My teacher is the Lord Jesus Christ and HIS Bible. MY duty is as an ambassador for Christ as Paul tells us. You are living a lie.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
<cut>
LA
You are what normal people call dumb. This verse that you love does NOT even come CLOSE to saying that you think that it does.

It clearly says that Christ is the HEAD of the church (which only make sense, since it IS HIS BODY). In the SAME WAY, the man is the HEAD of the woman.

Nothing were even remotely hints at the BODY OF CHRIST also being HIS BRIDE. I guess that you think that HE WILL MARRY HIMSELF.

Come to the truth LA. Your dumb "understanding" is WAY wrong.

Right Divider

Body part
For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.

This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. (Ephesians 5:30-32 NKJV)​
This is definitely about ONENESS and not that believers marry Jesus Christ.

DAN P

Hi we are members of his Body , and the MYSTERY for you is that the Body of Christ is NEITHER MALE and NEITHER FEMALE , Gal 3:28 !!:darwinsm::darwinsm:

dan p