Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

You are comparing a government doing evil (murder) to a government trying to prevent evil (eliminating a license to rape).
Destruction of the institution of marriage is doing evil.

The Romans were persecuting Christians when Paul wrote his epistle, no?

"Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God."
No, the epistle to the Romans was written around 55 CE, and the persecution of the Christians in Rome began in 64 CE.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God."

That passage does not mean what you and many other people make it out to be, trying to shoehorn worldly law and bias into God's righteousness.

It's also stated that God ought to be obeyed more than man.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
go away bybee

This is what these breed of woman always resort to. 'Go kill yourself', 'your slime', 'wicked evil man man', anon anon.

The only specialty group that ultimately will degrade you to a pit and a waste of biology if you disagree with them. That and Nazism, go figure right? :chuckle:
It's all about unnatural conformity.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What should the wife do if husband refuses many times?

I. think that giving sex is a duty of marriage and should be given as possible.

Agreed, the man or woman refusing their spouse on a regular basis is wrong.

For those who wish to do bad things with my words by removing the context, note the words regular basis, im talking about those who withhold for manipulation reasons or selfish reasons and its a regular thing for them (to punish the other) NOT because they are sick, too tired, etc...

The bible says as much and admonished those who do it also and uses the word deprive:

1 Corinthians 7:5 Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

The king james uses defraud - defraud take the point even further:

Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your inconsistency.

Defraud: to deprive of something by deception or fraud

Deprive - to take something away from someone that belongs to them

This is someone willfully for whatever reason, refusing the marriage relationship and harming the other person.

Its important for a spouse to find out the reason, if they want a marriage.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Goinig to frigidity is an easy thing for women. but not to men I. think that giving sex is a duty of marriage and should be given as possible.

You put wayyyy too much emphasis on the marital sexual relationship.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wish to note that this post only emphasizes and reinforces the Mohommedan's point. You're a woman. Just saying. :idunno:

I am ... a woman, daughter, mother and grandmother. I have a duty to make sure that my son treats women respectfully and in kind, accepts nothing less than respect in return.

I have a duty to make sure my daughter knows that not one person living on the face of this planet should take precedence to her security and self worth.

Thankfully, due to the influence of myself and my parents, my children would never make disparaging comments about rape victims OR blame them for the actions of a rapist.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I am ... a woman, daughter, mother and grandmother. I have a duty to make sure that my son treats women respectfully and in kind, accepts nothing less than respect in return.

I have a duty to make sure my daughter knows that not one person living on the face of this planet should take precedence to her security and self worth.

I agree with all of this.

That said, you are missing my point. The Mohommedan's point is that there are gender differences between men and women, and that women tend to put less emphasis on sexual expression in marriage. It's easy for a woman to put it off indefinitely. For men? Not so much.

And ultimately, your posting basically just supported his.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with all of this.

That said, you are missing my point. The Mohommedan's point is that there are gender differences between men and women, and that women tend to put less emphasis on sexual expression in marriage. It's easy for a woman to put it off indefinitely. For men? Not so much.

And ultimately, your posting basically just supported his.

Do you believe that sex is the most important part of any relationship? I do not. Friendship, communication and equal regard towards one's partner trumps sex.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
the purpose of marriage is to form a family and raise children, as demonstrated by Adam and Eve

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe that sex is the most important part of any relationship? I do not. Friendship, communication and equal regard towards one's partner trumps sex.

Sex is whole lot more important than what it is generally preached about it.
The whole 'love is what matters' thing has been so cliched that it's not even taken seriously anymore. There was always a looming elephant over that poetry, really.
Who on here remained celibate until marriage? Sex wasn't necessarily 'the glue', but it was an ingredient in that glue and it doesn't just change after vows are taken.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Whether or not you hold what level of importance sex has, one either cares about the needs of their spouse or they don't.

What he said was in response to someone who asked what if a husband refuses to have sex with his wife.

What level of importance one puts on it, has nothing to do with spouses refusing relationship with the other.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

Rusha, I wish to note, first, that you and I have many points of agreement. I agree: "friendship, communication, and equal regard" are central to marriage. I believe that I've expressed similar sentiments previously in this thread.

What is at issue, however, is this precise point:

There are gender differences between men and women when it comes to the experienced "need" (and I use this word VERY loosely) for sexual expression.

Part of "friendship, communication and equal regard" should be a woman's recognition that there are such differences, and, furthermore, an attempt to "bridge the gap," so to speak.

exminister

genuineoriginal said:
I can find nothing in the Bible that commends or condemns physical abuse between spouses.

The golden rule! Matthew 7:12.

Physical abuse is an act of hate not love, and according to scripture one who hates another is a murderer and does not have eternal life, thus cannot be a believer while being an abuser. See 1 John 3:15, 1 John 4:20, 1 Corinthians 13, Romans 13:8 et seq.

Bible text against spousal abuse. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.