Is this how it's going to be now?

shagster01

Sikh Broncos fans say stadium security didn't like turbans

SAN DIEGO, Dec. 12 (UPI) -- A group of Sikh men attending a Broncos-Chargers game in California say they were hassled by Qualcomm Stadium security for wearing turbans last Sunday.

Three of the men wore Broncos-orange turbans to the event, for which they were close to being turned away from entering the stands, KGTV reports. They were eventually let in to the game, but not before being warned not to wear turbans to the stadium in the future.

"It's bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," one of the men, Verinder Malhi, told KGTV. "And we're not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans."

In addition to facing alleged discrimination at the gates of the stadium, the police were reportedly called after a tailgater reported the men for "messing with boxes" in the trunk of their car. An officer and a bomb-sniffing dog were sent to the scene to investigate during the game.

The incident comes amid national social and political tension between non-Muslims and those of the Muslim faith. However, the Sikh religion is unrelated to Islam, and was founded in India.

Presidential candidate Donald Trump has been widely criticized for his proposed "shutdown of Muslims entering the United States."

"Everybody kind of confusing us with the turbans, because what you see on TV is mostly the terrorists. They wear turbans," Malhi said, "but our turbans are different, our faith is different, our beliefs are different. That's what I believe."

Read the full article here. . .

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015/12/12/Sikh-Broncos-fans-say-stadium-security-didnt-like-turbans/6821449952515

So this is what we are doing now, huh? If you look vaguely like a middle eastern Muslim you aren't welcome, even if you are an American Sikh.

Racism at its finest.

CherubRam

Turbans and hats have a history of being used to hide weapons. Security was the concern, not a persons religion.

brewmama

Stadiums are real sticklers about what can come in. The question is, are turbans allowed or not? If they are, then security was out of line. If not, then it was a reasonable request. Perhaps just searching the turbans would suffice. I really don't see a lawsuit here though.

shagster01

It is much easier to search a hat than it is a turban.

How about these guys? Are they easier to search too?

628x471.jpg

oakland-raiders-fan-bbe99ed66f4d904b.jpg