Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

Ben Masada

Why Jews don't Accept Jesus?

I am not mistaken, but God is not the king of Israel, whatever you may believe otherwise.

God is the Savior and Redeemer of Israel. (Habakkuk 3:13 and Isaiah 43:3) The kings or heads of the Government were many, being David the most important of them all. Nowadays, the most important head of the Government is Benjamin Netanyahu.

Ben Masada

But the tribe of Judah did have him executed. This is not slander.

You have all the right in the world to believe as you please. I just hope you allow me not to believe that the Tribe ofJudah had any thing at all to do with the execution of Jesus. BTW, you speak as if Jesus was the only Jew crucified by the Romans. Read Josephus; the Romans crucified thousands of Jews only in the First Century.

Ben Masada

I m sorry for this late reply, I m not joking but repeating the meaning of Zec 14:2-4 Is it true?

You should know that many of Egyptians respect Israel and Judaism.

Yes, Egyptianmuslim, exceptions to the rule come from everywhere. Look at ISIS; they attack and cause casualties almost everywhere; not so in Israel, Baruch HaShem. Could they be including Israel as an exception? I hope so. We have already enough with Hamas.

Ben Masada

There are no legitimate Jews left.... God made sure of that in AD70.

Wow! I thought that Hitler was the one to make sure of that. But Mark Twain was right in his Essay about the immortality of the Jew.

HisServant

Wow! I thought that Hitler was the one to make sure of that. But Mark Twain was right in his Essay about the immortality of the Jew.

Just because one practices a psedo-Jewish religion does not make one partakers of the promise.

And this has nothing to do with Hitler, God destroyed the 2nd temple because of the Jews unfaithfulness and because it is no longer needed because he extended salvation to the gentiles because the Jews were no longer worthy.

FYI, I hold no ill-will to those that practice a pseudo-Jewish religion... but lets get serious and be honest about what it is.

If there is one thing the Old Testament shows time and time again... is the the Jews were the perfect people for God to chose to follow the law, because of all peoples on the earth.. they were the most stubborn, ungrateful, unfaithful people of all time... they turned their back on him ever couple generations and he needed to raise up prophets to remind them olf their failings. His long suffering for his people is a great example of just how much nonsense he will put up with.... and if was so long suffering with them, I can rest assured that he will be the same with me.

Ben Masada

Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

Just because one practices a psedo-Jewish religion does not make one partakers of the promise.

And this has nothing to do with Hitler, God destroyed the 2nd temple because of the Jews unfaithfulness and because it is no longer needed because he extended salvation to the gentiles because the Jews were no longer worthy.

FYI, I hold no ill-will to those that practice a pseudo-Jewish religion... but lets get serious and be honest about what it is.

If there is one thing the Old Testament shows time and time again... is the the Jews were the perfect people for God to chose to follow the law, because of all peoples on the earth.. they were the most stubborn, ungrateful, unfaithful people of all time... they turned their back on him ever couple generations and he needed to raise up prophets to remind them olf their failings. His long suffering for his people is a great example of just how much nonsense he will put up with.... and if was so long suffering with them, I can rest assured that he will be the same with me.

You say above that God extended salvation to the Gentiles. How come Jesus did not know that? I am asking because he used to forbid his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles if you read Mat. 10:5,6. Do you have any idea why Jesus would do that?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
You have all the right in the world to believe as you please. I just hope you allow me not to believe that the Tribe ofJudah had any thing at all to do with the execution of Jesus. BTW, you speak as if Jesus was the only Jew crucified by the Romans. Read Josephus; the Romans crucified thousands of Jews only in the First Century.
But only one of them was executed for being A King of Jews. Forgive me if you can, but I believe Pilate to have told the truth. It was a crime to be a king of Judahites, because they were ungovernable.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
God is the Savior and Redeemer of Israel. (Habakkuk 3:13 and Isaiah 43:3) The kings or heads of the Government were many, being David the most important of them all. Nowadays, the most important head of the Government is Benjamin Netanyahu.
Jewish plagiarism; just as many Jews as Christians have died not having salvation from God. This means everybody.

Elia

But only one of them was executed for being A King of Jews. Forgive me if you can, but I believe Pilate to have told the truth. It was a crime to be a king of Judahites, because they were ungovernable.

Bs"d

Let's face the facts: Your king never was a king; he never got any further than being a wandering preacher and miracle healer.

And Christians are just lawless pagans, having thrown Gods laws overboard, and replaced it with paganism like Christmas, Sunday rest, trinity, and other paganism which is nowhere to be found in the Bible.

And in stead of worshipping the one and only true God J-H-W-H they worship a man-god nobody in the Tanach ever knew.

If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for Y-H-W-H your God is testing you to know whether you love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after Y-H-W-H your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which Y-H-W-H your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

If anyone secretly entices you—even if it is your brother, your father’s son or your mother’s son, or your own son or daughter, or the wife you embrace, or your most intimate friend—saying, “Let us go worship other gods,” whom neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7*any of the gods of the peoples that are around you, whether near you or far away from you, from one end of the earth to the other, 8*you must not yield to or heed any such persons. Show them no pity or compassion and do not shield them. 9*But you shall surely kill them; your own hand shall be first against them to execute them, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10*Stone them to death for trying to turn you away from
Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 11*Then all Israel shall hear and be afraid, and never again do any such wickedness.
"
Deut 13

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!.”
Joshua 24:14-15

Elia

The theory of replacement comes from the Old Testament prophecies originally. Wake up Ben!
Bs"d

There is no such a thing as "replacement".

God wil NEVER break His covenant with the Jews, also not when the Jews go astray:

The Christian churches believe in the theory that G.d rejected His chosen people, and that instead the Christians are the new spiritual Israel. However, G.d says clearly in the Holy Torah that He will never break his covenant with the Jewish people, even not when they stray away from Him. When the Jews go astray G.d will punish them. (Leviticus 26:14-17)
And if they then still don't listen, G.d will punish them seven times harder. (Lev:18-22)
And if they then still don't listen, G.d will punish them another seven times harder. (Lev:23-24)
And if they then still refuse to turn back to G.d, He will punish them another seven times harder. (Lev:27-28)
But despite all this, G.d will not break His covenant with the Jewish people: Leviticus 26:44-45; "And yet for all that, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them: For I am Y-H-W-H their G.d. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their G.d: I am Y-H-W-H."

"Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying: The two families that Y-H-W-H hath chosen, He has even cast them of? Thus they have despised My people, that they should no more be a nation before them. Thus saith Y-H-W-H: If My covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: for I will cause their captivety to return and have mercy on them." Jeremiah 33:24-26

If G.d rejected the Jews, why then is He now fulfilling the prophecies that He will gather in the Jews and bring them back to their land? "Fear not, for I am with thee, I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west. I will say to the north; give up, and to the south; keep not back: Bring my sons from far, and My daughters from the ends of the earth." Isaiah 43:5+6 The whole world witnesses this miracle, how after almost 2000 years of dispersion over the whole earth the Jews are returning to Israel. In just 50 years a state has been built from scratch, the Hebrew language has been revived. Is there any precedent in history for this? Is there any other people that was dispersed throughout the whole world for almost 2000 years that held on to their identity and their religion?
Surely we see here the hand of G.d.

"And yet for all that, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them: For I am Y-H-W-H their G.d. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their G.d: I am Y-H-W-H."
Leviticus 26:44-45

Gods covenant with the Jews will NEVER be broken!

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If Jesus had gone out and killed all of Israel's enemies, all of a sudden he would have fit the prophecies :rolleyes:

That's why I don't buy in to the claims of Jews that he doesn't match up them.

Ben Masada

If Jesus had gone out and killed all of Israel's enemies, all of a sudden he would have fit the prophecies :rolleyes:

That's why I don't buy in to the claims of Jews that he doesn't match up them.

That's a hypothesis akin to an analogy. Hypothesis is already negative of itself and given as an analogy, it becomes too close to impossible.

Ben Masada

Jews don't accept Jesus because he's not good enough for them.

There is no other reason, one can sit there and try to rationalize it all day, bring up prophecy and whatever, but he just wasn't what they wanted so they killed him.
The end.

So, the Jews killed Jesus because you have decided that it was so. I got you! It means you accept no evidences pointing to the fact that the Romans did that job! Okay, so you need some more persuading.

JonahofAkron

Short answer for why Jews don't accept Messiah in 3 parts: 1) heinous crimes against Jews since the lie about Jews killing Messiah began, 2) as the Torah is still vital to the life of Jews, telling them that they need to disavow it because Messiah did prevents them from belief, and finally, 3) the Messiah has been made to look like a Gentile. I'm sure there's more, but I wanted it to be short.

Ben Masada

Jewish plagiarism; just as many Jews as Christians have died not having salvation from God. This means everybody.

I can hardly see plagiarism in what I have said above. And BTW, salvation from what if I may ask? From our sins? That's up to us if you read Isaiah 1:18,19. The best way to set things right with the Lord so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, all we have to do is to repent and return to the obedience of the Law.

KingdomRose

I can hardly see plagiarism in what I have said above. And BTW, salvation from what if I may ask? From our sins? That's up to us if you read Isaiah 1:18,19. The best way to set things right with the Lord so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, all we have to do is to repent and return to the obedience of the Law.

God said in the Tanakh that He would make a new covenant with Israel. "'Behold, days are coming,' declares the LORD, 'when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers,...My covenant which they broke....But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,' declares the LORD, 'I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.'" (Jeremiah 31:31-33, NASB)

So apparently God intended to make a new covenant to replace the old one. The Law of Moses could not save anyone, because it was intended to point forward to a Ransomer that COULD save the people. All of the sacrifices of the Law were fore-runners of the sacrifice that the Lamb of God would make. In 70 A.D. the system of sacrifices came to an end with the destruction of the temple. Wouldn't that kind of give the Israelites a hint that Jesus might have had something to do with the Law being fulfilled?

The Tanakh says that the people are cursed who are under the Law. So Law cannot save them. That is because no person could keep the Law perfectly. "Cursed is he who does not confirm the words of this law by doing them." (Deuteronomy 27:26, NASB) Not MOST of the Law, but every word.

As one ancient man of God once said: "Christ by purchase released us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse instead of us, because it is written: 'Accursed is every man hanged upon a stake (or, tree).'" (Galatians 3:10-13; Deuteronomy 21:23)

So if a person cannot keep every detail of the Law, he is cursed, according to the Tanakh. No one is able to, so where does that leave them? Learn more about the New Covenant.

www.jw.org

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus

An answer to Christian missionaries

We do; only that we accept him for what he really was and not for what the NT describes him to have been. The question is, why Christians don't accept the real Jesus of Nazareth. Probably because they prefer to walk by faith and not by sight. (II Cor. 5:7) If by sight is to walk with understanding, it is only obvious that by faith is to leave the understanding with Paul.
The Second Temple religious leaders rejected Christ as the Messiah because they felt the Jews were already experiencing God's condemnation for straying from His covenant - including the following of false prophets.

The division of the nation (Israel, Judah) after Solomon, the destruction of Israel, the Babylonian Exile and the subsequent rule of Palestine by a series of foreign powers ending with the Romans, were all viewed as the consequences of God's displeasure with His Chosen People.

As the custodians of the faith, the religious leaders emphasized the strict adherence to the Mosaic Laws in a misguided effort to re-establish their righteousness in the eyes of God. One only has to read the words of Ezra to understand the roots of this rigid code of conduct.

Within this context, it was not surprising that these leaders viewed Christ's growing popularity as a dangerous threat not only to their own authority, but to the long-term welfare of the people under their care.

Last edited: