User Tag List

Page 5 of 257 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 3841

Thread: BRXII Battle talk

  1. #61
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,117 Times in 10,018 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147864
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier47
    Nope - you tell me how is it God needs a contitgency plan... Then He's not all-knowing? Is He God, then?
    If you really want to discuss this, let's start a new thread on it, as Knight suggested. I'll even let you start it with a definition of "all knowing."


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (June 3rd, 2016)

  3. #62
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,117 Times in 10,018 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147864
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse
    If you really want to discuss this, let's start a new thread on it, as Knight suggested. I'll even let you start it with a definition of "all knowing."
    The same goes for you Chas.


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (June 3rd, 2016)

  5. #63
    BANNED Garry Denke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Fun in the Sun, the Lake of Fire...

    ...and the Garry Denke anagram, the Dark Energy,
    exercises the Dragon/Beast/False Prophet power:

    Revelation 12 Dragon
    seven heads (.0000000) three sixes (.666) ten horns (x 10) seven crowns (^-07)
    Big G's us., .666 x 10^-07 length^3/mass-time^2

    Revelation 13 Beast
    seven heads (.0000000) three sixes (666.) ten horns (x 10) ten crowns (^-10)
    Big G's us., 666. x 10^-10 length^3/mass-time^2

    Revelation 16 False Prophet
    ...6...6...6... hopping frogs ...6...6...6... hopping frogs ...6...6...6...
    Big G's us., 6.66 x 10^-08 length^3/mass-time^2

    (well 6'ers always looked like frogs to me,
    points jumping about Philadelphia and all)

    Big G's us., 6.66 x 10^-08 centimetre^3/gram-second^2

    Quintessence^TM

    G, Jesus, G's us., 666. x 10^-10 with beastly tail,
    the mark, the name, the image, and the number.

    Lucifer, the Devil, and Satan
    (dragon, beast, false prophet)

  6. #64
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,117 Times in 10,018 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147864
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Denke
    ...and the Garry Denke anagram, the Dark Energy,
    exercises the Dragon/Beast/False Prophet power:

    Revelation 12 Dragon
    seven heads (.0000000) three sixes (.666) ten horns (x 10) seven crowns (^-07)
    Big G's us., .666 x 10^-07 length^3/mass-time^2

    Revelation 13 Beast
    seven heads (.0000000) three sixes (666.) ten horns (x 10) ten crowns (^-10)
    Big G's us., 666. x 10^-10 length^3/mass-time^2

    Revelation 16 False Prophet
    ...6...6...6... hopping frogs ...6...6...6... hopping frogs ...6...6...6...
    Big G's us., 6.66 x 10^-08 length^3/mass-time^2

    (well 6'ers always looked like frogs to me,
    points jumping about Philadelphia and all)

    Big G's us., 6.66 x 10^-08 centimetre^3/gram-second^2

    Quintessence^TM

    G, Jesus, G's us., 666. x 10^-10 with beastly tail,
    the mark, the name, the image, and the number.

    Lucifer, the Devil, and Satan
    (dragon, beast, false prophet)


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (June 3rd, 2016)

  8. #65
    One Post Wonder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    This is a ridiculous argument. We either believe God or we call Him a liar. We accept Him and have everlasting life or we reject Him and suffer everlasting punishment.

    Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

    Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

  9. #66
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Tom
    What gift? The one for formating his posts so well. Because he sure didn't win round one with all is extra-biblical references and his attempt at word games with the greek text..
    Do you know anything about the greek text? I'd hardly call it word games unless you could disprove any of what Logos has posted.....

  10. #67
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by randers
    This is a ridiculous argument. We either believe God or we call Him a liar. We accept Him and have everlasting life or we reject Him and suffer everlasting punishment.

    Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

    Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Then why dont you believe him when (Timothy 2:10) he declares he is the saviour of ALL men especially of those who believe?
    The answer to your quote lies within translations of the original greek which if I'm not mistaken translates as 'age lasting' (although I'm sure Logos is better equipped to determine translation than me.......)

  11. #68
    Old Timer Chileice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    395
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    174
    I am impressed with the quality of both of the first round opening remarks. I believe that this may wind up being the most enlightening battle royale ever. Keep up the good work guys.
    Blessings of Peace,Chileice
    "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15.13

  12. #69
    Registered User Just Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The reality just beyond your blinded eyes...
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by red77
    Do you know anything about the greek text? I'd hardly call it word games unless you could disprove any of what Logos has posted.....

    Logos pointed out the flaw in his own position. That the word only means everlasting when talking about something that is eternal.. Thus when it talks about men and their spirits it is talking about eternal things. Thus it means everlasting once you make that case his word game falls flat on its face. It shouldn't be to hard for PK to show that even after death the soul lives...

  13. #70
    Old Timer Chileice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    395
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    174
    Logos,
    Your second post was almost a rehash of your first. I think the reason Kevin asked for your definition of "eternal" is important:

    You said:The question you ask is motivated by what you believe Jesus actually said in Matthew 25:46. But...by now you should realize because of what I posted here and in my opening post that Jesus did not say what He said to a people that believed what you believe, did not use a word that means eternal, and did not intend us to think that the unbeliever lives forever in torment.

    If that is the case, eternal life in the positive sense is also in question because the verse (Mt. 25.46 uses kólasin aíwnion
    for "eternal punishment or torment" in the first half of the verse and
    zočn aíwnion
    in the second half meaning "eternal life". The adjectives used are EXACTLY the same.
    So are you denying that we have eternal life in Christ?
    Blessings of Peace,Chileice
    "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15.13

  14. #71
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,056
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,155 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    cool .. a battle royale ...

    i feel badly for logos after what happened to all the other people who lost the popular vote on these. perhaps hes made of sterner stuff?

    or what odds that he's right?

    i'm stayin' tuned. good opening round. liked 'em
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (June 3rd, 2016)

  16. #72
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    [QUOTE=randers]This is a ridiculous argument. We either believe God or we call Him a liar. We accept Him and have everlasting life or we reject Him and suffer everlasting punishment.

    Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. ]/quote]

    Oh for sure, Randers. And what is the context for the qualifications for aionios punishment and aionios life?

  17. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by randers
    This is a ridiculous argument. We either believe God or we call Him a liar. We accept Him and have everlasting life or we reject Him and suffer everlasting punishment.

    Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Oh for sure, Randers. And what is the context for the qualifications for aionios punishment and aionios life? And Randers, I am sure we have missed where in the context rejecting Him is in the equation; that would be where?

  18. #74
    Journeyman Kimberlyann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Tom
    But he did this after they had fallen so he must have had a reason since if they would have then they would have lived forever in their fallen state and that would be miserable for them and God..
    Yes, I agree here. That wouldn't have been a good thing. God doesn't want man to live forever in his fallen state.



    I heard that the place those are before the judgment is a place called Abraham's bosom you know that parable..
    Yes, I know the parable. Parables are not literally true stories they are allegories and have a deeper spiritual meaning. Besides, the expression "the Bosom of Abraham" is found only in two verses of the Gospel of Luke, it isn't even mentioned in the Hebrew Scriptures.

  19. #75
    Registered User Just Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The reality just beyond your blinded eyes...
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Wow Logos,

    This post was worse than the first. ALL doesn't always mean ALL as in every single thing. "All the world has gone nuts" doesn't mean every single person. Are you really basing your argument on this..? You read into the statements what you want them to say just like you say that ET people read into the Genesis passage that God is a liar and satan wasn't..

    They died physically and because of their disobedience they were separated from God spiritually. Once man fell and became aware of the knowledge of good and evil he couldn't live forever in that state it would have been horrible for God and for Us. Thus God kick Adam and Eve out.. Their Spirits still lived since they were created in the image and likeness of God. They were now just separated from God which is why as soon as God found out about what had happened he made a plan to restore the spiritual correctness with God not the physical, we will still suffer that death because of Adam. Thus if what you say is true about that passage in Genesis then with Jesus's death on the cross we shouldn't die anymore since He conquered death and Thus when we accept him we get that tree of life that Adam and Eve were denied so none of us should die..

    But that just ain't so is it all of us will die even if we have partaken in the tree of life. So it must mean something other than what you think it does..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us