I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures

God's Truth

Well, foolish woman, I'll tell you again.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

The righteousness of one.
The obedience of one.
Not two - you plus Christ.

Just say it then.

YOU say YOU DO NOT have to obey ANYTHING THAT JESUS SAYS.

And this is from God, you claim.

How do you think you sound?

God's Truth

I think you don't understand these things properly. To be clean is important. But God is still God even if your feet are not clean.

The Jews had to clean themselves JUST to be able to go the temple where God's Spirit was.

Don't you have ANY understanding about that?

Do you not understand about the use of the blood of animals?

Do you think the blood of animals was just something to wash your feet with?

Ben Masada

You will not be reconciled to God unless you go through Jesus.

You must go through the blood and body of Jesus to get to the Father.

If you do not, then you will not ever be the temple of the Spirit of God.

There is no more earthly temple with God's Spirit.

So what are you going to do?

To go through Jesus I have to die first and, metaphorically meet him in the grave. You have forgotten that he was a Jew and as such, he has never returned from the grave. Regarding being the Temple of the Spirit of HaShem, I have already that Divine promise in Exodus 19:5,6. "If we remain firm as a People before the Lord
forever obeying the Law and keeping the Lord's Covenant with His People, we will remain the Lord's treasured possession among all the peoples. Indeed, all the earth is the Lord's but we shall be to Him a kingdom of priests and a holy
nation."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Jews had to clean themselves JUST to be able to go the temple where God's Spirit was.

Don't you have ANY understanding about that?

Do you not understand about the use of the blood of animals?

Do you think the blood of animals was just something to wash your feet with?

I said nothing of washing your feet with blood. This is your idea. I have no idea where it comes from.

It is important to be clean for many reasons. Going to the temple is one of them.

God's Truth

To go through Jesus I have to die first and, metaphorically meet him in the grave. You have forgotten that he was a Jew and as such, he has never returned from the grave. Regarding being the Temple of the Spirit of HaShem, I have already that Divine promise in Exodus 19:5,6. "If we remain firm as a People before the Lord
forever obeying the Law and keeping the Lord's Covenant with His People, we will remain the Lord's treasured possession among all the peoples. Indeed, all the earth is the Lord's but we shall be to Him a kingdom of priests and a holy
nation."

Are you claiming you do not want to have the Holy Spirit of God living inside your body? Yes or not please confirm.

God's Truth

I said nothing of washing your feet with blood. This is your idea. I have no idea where it comes from.

It is important to be clean for many reasons. Going to the temple is one of them.

Now answer carefully...how did the Jews clean themselves with blood so they could go to the temple to worship God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Now answer carefully...how did the Jews clean themselves with blood so they could go to the temple to worship God?

Again, this is your idea. It is your responsibility to explain where you are getting your idea or say that it is not in scripture.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
If you are speaking truth from the Bible I will know.

6a00e008d2bcf48834015434a5c493970c-pi

God's Truth

Again, this is your idea. It is your responsibility to explain where you are getting your idea or say that it is not in scripture.

I can hardly believe you claim to study the Torah but do not know how the Jews cleaned themselves.

Read this and maybe it will help you:

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

Hebrews 9:22
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

These scriptures speak about the CEREMONIAL LAWS. The ceremonial laws were things the Jews had to do to make themselves clean just to worship God. They could not go to the temple to worship God if they were not ceremonially clean.

Leviticus 1:5; Leviticus 4:12;Leviticus 5:2;Leviticus 6:11;Leviticus 7:19; Leviticus 10:14; Leviticus 11:4; Leviticus 12:2; Leviticus 15:32; Leviticus 17:11

Leviticus 4:12 that is, all the rest of the bull—he must take outside the camp to a place ceremonially clean, where the ashes are thrown, and burn it there in a wood fire on the ash heap.

Leviticus 5:2 “‘If anyone becomes aware that they are guilty—if they unwittingly touch anything ceremonially unclean (whether the carcass of an unclean animal, wild or domestic, or of any unclean creature that moves along the ground) and they are unaware that they have become unclean, but then they come to realize their guilt;

Leviticus 6:11 Then he is to take off these clothes and put on others, and carry the ashes outside the camp to a place that is ceremonially clean.

Leviticus 7:19 “‘Meat that touches anything ceremonially unclean must not be eaten; it must be burned up. As for other meat, anyone ceremonially clean may eat it.

Leviticus 10:14 But you and your sons and your daughters may eat the breast that was waved and the thigh that was presented. Eat them in a ceremonially clean place; they have been given to you and your children as your share of the Israelites’ fellowship offerings.

Leviticus 11:4 “‘There are some that only chew the cud or only have a divided hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a divided hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you.

Leviticus 12:2 “Say to the Israelites: ‘A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. There are many more scriptures that I can post from the Old Testament. However, due to space I will only give more from the New Testament.

Mark 7:3 (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders.

John 2:6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.

John 3:25 An argument developed between some of John’s disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing.

John 11:55 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, many went up from the country to Jerusalem for their ceremonial cleansing before the Passover.

John 18:28 [ Jesus Before Pilate ] Then the Jewish leaders took Jesus from Caiaphas to the palace of the Roman governor. By now it was early morning, and to avoid ceremonial uncleanness they did not enter the palace, because they wanted to be able to eat the Passover.

Acts 24:18 I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance.

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Hebrews 9:13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.

Hebrews 13:9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.

Just read in Leviticus 15 all the things a person had to do after a woman’s period and after a man’s discharge.

There are things these people had to do, even the people who merely touched these people, or the people who sat where these people sat.

Leviticus 15:32 These are the regulations for a man with a discharge, for anyone made unclean by an emission of semen, 33 for a woman in her monthly period, for a man or a woman with a discharge, and for a man who has sexual relations with a woman who is ceremonially unclean.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I can hardly believe you claim to study the Torah but do not know how the Jews cleaned themselves.

Read this and maybe it will help you:

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

Hebrews 9:22
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

These scriptures speak about the CEREMONIAL LAWS. The ceremonial laws were things the Jews had to do to make themselves clean just to worship God. They could not go to the temple to worship God if they were not ceremonially clean.

Leviticus 1:5; Leviticus 4:12;Leviticus 5:2;Leviticus 6:11;Leviticus 7:19; Leviticus 10:14; Leviticus 11:4; Leviticus 12:2; Leviticus 15:32; Leviticus 17:11

Leviticus 4:12 that is, all the rest of the bull—he must take outside the camp to a place ceremonially clean, where the ashes are thrown, and burn it there in a wood fire on the ash heap.

Leviticus 5:2 “‘If anyone becomes aware that they are guilty—if they unwittingly touch anything ceremonially unclean (whether the carcass of an unclean animal, wild or domestic, or of any unclean creature that moves along the ground) and they are unaware that they have become unclean, but then they come to realize their guilt;

Leviticus 6:11 Then he is to take off these clothes and put on others, and carry the ashes outside the camp to a place that is ceremonially clean.

Leviticus 7:19 “‘Meat that touches anything ceremonially unclean must not be eaten; it must be burned up. As for other meat, anyone ceremonially clean may eat it.

Leviticus 10:14 But you and your sons and your daughters may eat the breast that was waved and the thigh that was presented. Eat them in a ceremonially clean place; they have been given to you and your children as your share of the Israelites’ fellowship offerings.

Leviticus 11:4 “‘There are some that only chew the cud or only have a divided hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a divided hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you.

Leviticus 12:2 “Say to the Israelites: ‘A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. There are many more scriptures that I can post from the Old Testament. However, due to space I will only give more from the New Testament.

Mark 7:3 (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders.

John 2:6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.

John 3:25 An argument developed between some of John’s disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing.

John 11:55 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, many went up from the country to Jerusalem for their ceremonial cleansing before the Passover.

John 18:28 [ Jesus Before Pilate ] Then the Jewish leaders took Jesus from Caiaphas to the palace of the Roman governor. By now it was early morning, and to avoid ceremonial uncleanness they did not enter the palace, because they wanted to be able to eat the Passover.

Acts 24:18 I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance.

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Hebrews 9:13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.

Hebrews 13:9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.

Just read in Leviticus 15 all the things a person had to do after a woman’s period and after a man’s ejaculate.

There are things these people had to do, even the people who merely touched these people, or the people who sat where these people sat.

Leviticus 15:32 These are the regulations for a man with a discharge, for anyone made unclean by an emission of semen, 33 for a woman in her monthly period, for a man or a woman with a discharge, and for a man who has sexual relations with a woman who is ceremonially unclean.
I don't see your idea in these scriptures.

Predi

In regard to observing commands found in the Old Testament scriptures pertaining to the New Testament scriptures, as New Testament believers are we to stop at observing, of the old covenant commands or Old Testament scriptures, only those commands that are found, reiterated, or repeated in the New Testament scriptures? Should we observe all those that are?

Do you poke your spouse in the eye?

Do you not do it because you signed a pre-marital agreement not to?

How would you feel if your spouse-to-be gave you a huge list of DOs and DON'Ts saying they won't marry you unless you sign?

There is no place for laws in relationship. And relationship is what God wants from us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you poke your spouse in the eye?

Do you not do it because you signed a pre-marital agreement not to?

How would you feel if your spouse-to-be gave you a huge list of DOs and DON'Ts saying they won't marry you unless you sign?

There is no place for laws in relationship. And relationship is what God wants from us.
I am not married. I am against adultery.

Ben Masada

Ben Masada,

Where anywhere, in ANY religion are you told you could be the temple of God's Spirit?

Exodus 19:5,6.

ONLY through Jesus Christ are we told that.Only in the Holy Bible are we told HOW to do that.

I mentioned to you the holy Bible aka the Tanach. BTW, every time Jesus referred to as the Holy Bible, he had the Tanach in mind. The NT he never even dreamed it would ever rise.

You, however, try to rewrite that Bible. Make up your mind if you want the Spirit of God Himself living inside you. If you do, then do what the Holy Bible says that Jesus says to get it.

Jesus also said to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Are you doing what Jesus said? I don't thing so but rather teaching that we have died for the Law. It means you prefer the gospel of Paul than that of Jesus.