Obeying The Ten Commandments

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

You can have my house if you appear before me right now. I thought so.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I accept your surrender. Genesis 6 was not written to you, and you admit it. John 3 is resurrection.

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

You can have my house if you appear before me right now. I thought so.

Still waiting.

keypurr

-
I've yet to encounter statements in the New Testament shelving Old Testament law. In point of fact, there are statements like the one below exalting the law

Rom 7:12 . .The Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

However, I have encountered statements discouraging Christians from using it as a means to obtain salvation. For example: it's right for Christians to comply with the Ten Commandments, while wrong for them to assume their compliance will somehow spare them a fate in the lake of fire depicted at Rev 20:11-15.

Rom 3:20 . . By the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight

Gal 3:21. . If a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law.

Gal 5:4 . .You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Gal 5:4 is very bad news for Roman Catholics who've had it drilled into them from childhood that compliance with the Ten Commandments is essential if they're to have any chance at all of going to heaven.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The Ten are good and should be kept in the spirit. The Ten were not hung on the cross.

The Ten will not save you. Salvation is a gift. But we keep the Ten out of our love for the creator and his son.

WeberHome

The Ten were not hung on the cross.

Col 2:13-14 . . He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

If perchance Ex 20:1-17 and Deut 5:6-21 weren't included in the nailing, then we're all going to hell; no escape and no exceptions.

Deut 27:26 . . Cursed is the man who does not uphold the words of this law by carrying them out.

James 2:10 . . For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Col 2:13-14 . . He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord having saved the people out of the land of Egypt afterward destroyed those who did not believe. (Jude 1:5)​

The NT provides a perfect law for the firstborn.