ECT A Question For Tambora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
what did I not do that was right?
use scripture, or kat will report you (or me - she's been acting funny lately)

I'd be interested in seeing this scripture too. Man's religious judgement in such matters does not equal Gods.

where does scripture demand that I give her a bill of divorce?

You should know Jesus taught that keeping the law did not qualify you for righteousness. He gave several examples, the sum of which is that as a disciple of Christ you should go beyond the letter of the law: from 1 mile to 2 miles; from 10% to 100%. If your marriage is irretrievably over, as it was, then do the right thing by getting a formal divorce and let your ex wife, even though the fault may have been hers, marry again if she wants to.

When I stand before God, He'll see me IN CHRIST JESUS. And it's a good thing, too.

Amen, sister. But this doesn't excuse any believer from having sloppy morals. And I think that even though you are right, God does not like being made fun of. Anyone who thinks that because he is saved, he can do anything he pleases and act unrighteously, is kidding himself.

ClimateSanity

You should know Jesus taught that keeping the law did not qualify you for righteousness. He gave several examples, the sum of which is that as a disciple of Christ you should go beyond the letter of the law: from 1 mile to 2 miles; from 10% to 100%. If your marriage is irretrievably over, as it was, then do the right thing by getting a formal divorce and let your ex wife, even though the fault may have been hers, marry again if she wants to.

Amen, sister. But this doesn't excuse any believer from having sloppy morals. And I think that even though you are right, God does not like being made fun of. Anyone who thinks that because he is saved, he can do anything he pleases and act unrighteously, is kidding himself.

He isn't keeping her from getting a divorce or remarrying. Again, your sense of morality is not Gods. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they have sloppy morals or are laughing at God. Don't presume to speak for God when you don't know.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He isn't keeping her from getting a divorce or remarrying.

You're kidding, right?

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they have sloppy morals or are laughing at God
Did I suggest otherwise? C'mon, tough guy, tell me where I said that if someone disagrees with me, it means they have sloppy morals. Please. Do yourself a favour and be truthful for once. Tell me where I said this. Or else shut up. I find your comment downright offensive.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
ok doser
The report box is mainly for moderators, not comments. The moderator said it is alright; I disagree, but I am not the mod here. I am responding to you here, not in the box.

You do not have to worry. If I were the mod, I would have moved it to the "all else' category because it appears to me like a called out thread, more than a discussion on adultery. Message boards do not bother me, weather bothers me.

What really drives me nuts is the persistent cold here; I have had my fill of freezing nights? I hate cold weather, all weather below 60 makes me feel sick. In Naples it has a few cold days, which I thoroughly hate; this week the highs and lows are: 63/45 yuck, 72/59, 78/64. 75/65, 73/60. This is about as cold as I like it.

Tomorrow, I am packing up and heading down the Naples Florida for the rest of this stinking cold month! I have no internet there. I have nothing more to say on this; do what you like :plain:

glorydaz

True, and I certainly wouldn't advise it since we do suffer consequences for our behavior in this life. :thumb:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Did she have any grounds for joining with another man?

The only grounds for joining with another man is upon the death of her husband or having been divorced for fornication.

For example, if a man commits adultery, the wife is free to leave.

If what I said above is not true, then please provide scripture where Moses' bill of divorcement ever said a wife could put away her husband.

After she leaves, that man can't accuse her of committing adultery.

The wife could leave but without the writing of divorce she could not legally be remarried.

She was allowed to leave the first man for the cause of sexual immorality.

She could leave but the conduct of the man is not the condition that determines her adultery.

The reason a man could put away his wife was for fornication.

That is if he found her to not be a virgin.

If he found her to not be a virgin, she had been raped or had committed fornication before marriage.

There were only two ways a man could commit adultery, that is have sex with a married woman or have sex with a wife who had been put away for something other than fornication.

It is possible for a married man to commit adultery as well as fornication, however it is only possible for a married woman to commit adultery, it is impossible for her to commit fornication.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.