ECT CATHOLIC & PROTESTANT: The Main Difference

Cruciform

Charles Spurgeon - Shall I set you up a Pope at Rome, to whom you shall go, and who shall be your infallible oracle? Shall I give you the councils of the church to be held to decide all knotty points?” Christ said no such thing.
Unfortunately for your assumptions, Spurgeon possessed no more inherent doctrinal authority to impose his fallible interpretive and theological opinions on the Church than did, for example, Arius, Pelagius, Sabellius, Nestorius, Luther, or Calvin---that is, none whatsoever.

The Berean

Cruciform, I have kind of a side question. Lets assume for argument's sake that you are correct, that the Roman Catholic Church is the one "true" Christian church founded by Jesus Christ. And let's further say that tomorrow that every non-Catholic "man-made" church closes its doors and most of the poeple decide to become Catholics. Is the Roman Catholic Church ready to absorb tens of millions of new Catholic members all at once?

Cruciform

Cruciform, I have kind of a side question. Lets assume for argument's sake that you are correct, that the Roman Catholic Church is the one "true" Christian church founded by Jesus Christ. And let's further say that tomorrow that every non-Catholic "man-made" church closes its doors and most of the poeple decide to become Catholics. Is the Roman Catholic Church ready to absorb tens of millions of new Catholic members all at once?
The Church would manage. But surely you're not suggesting that things should be kept as they are---regardless of divine truth---simply due to questions of logistics...?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Unfortunately for your assumptions, Spurgeon possessed no more inherent doctrinal authority to impose his fallible interpretive and theological opinions on the Church than did, for example, Arius, Pelagius, Sabellius, Nestorius, Luther, or Calvin---that is, none whatsoever.
The popes has already fallen

genuineoriginal

ECT CATHOLIC & PROTESTANT: The Main Difference

Catholic:
fritz1.jpg

Protestant:
bible.jpg

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
So, then, you have no proof whatsoever. That's what I thought. So much for your prior claim.
Tol is L O A D E D with proofs and you want me to repeat them like youve never read them? This has been going on for years and is a sure sign you're in a cult. Thats what we know. We dont think it, we know it striaght from the bible alone. You hang around here cause deep down you're learning from us.

Cruciform

Tol is L O A D E D with proofs and you want me to repeat them like youve never read them? This has been going on for years and is a sure sign you're in a cult. Thats what we know. We dont think it, we know it striaght from the bible alone. You hang around here cause deep down you're learning from us.
You may just as well go ahead and apply all of that to yourself, friend.

DAN P

Hi there are many differences , LIKE the following :

#1 , There is NO PROOF that the Body of Christ has PRIESTS !

#2 , There are NO Greeks words for PURGATORY !

#3 , No Greek word for POPE !!

#4 , There is no PROOF that MARY is jn heaven as Gal 3:28 TRUMPS and HAMMERS them !!

#5 , There is no mention of the RCC in the bible !!

They are a Man-made cult !!

dan p

Cruciform

Truths applied. False info has been well refuted by the bible alone...
Not as interpreted according to the entirely non-authoritative and wholly fallible opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect. :nono:

...not by the moderator of your denomination
Straw Man Fallacy. As Christ's one historic Church, the Catholic Church by definition cannot properly be called a "denomination," which is a sect that has broken away from some prior original Church. Catholicism simply doesn't qualify, unlike the thousands of recently-invented man-made Protestant sects in existence today---including yours.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Hi there are many differences , LIKE the following :
However, the MAIN difference is the Divine origin of the Catholic Church, as opposed to the entirely human fabrication of the recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects.

The rest of your post is simply off-topic. The OP stands exactly as posted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+