The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I've read fantasy and some sci-fi novels in the past, but nothing for some years. Is this a category of reading you oftime enjoy?

Growing up I had always viewed the Old Testament as science fiction. The UB helped me understand that some of the exaggerated and misunderstood events were real.

"The Hebrews had no written language in general usage for a long time after they reached Palestine. They learned the use of an alphabet from the neighboring Philistines, who were political refugees from the higher civilization of Crete. The Hebrews did little writing until about 900 B.C., and having no written language until such a late date, they had several different stories of creation in circulation, but after the Babylonian captivity they inclined more toward accepting a modified Mesopotamian version.

74:8.10 Jewish tradition became crystallized about Moses, and because he endeavored to trace the lineage of Abraham back to Adam, the Jews assumed that Adam was the first of all mankind. Yahweh was the creator, and since Adam was supposed to be the first man, he must have made the world just prior to making Adam. And then the tradition of Adam's six days got woven into the story, with the result that almost a thousand years after Moses' sojourn on earth the tradition of creation in six days was written out and subsequently credited to him.

74:8.11 When the Jewish priests returned to Jerusalem, they had already completed the writing of their narrative of the beginning of things. Soon they made claims that this recital was a recently discovered story of creation written by Moses. But the contemporary Hebrews of around 500 B.C. did not consider these writings to be divine revelations; they looked upon them much as later peoples regard mythological narratives.

74:8.12 This spurious document, reputed to be the teachings of Moses, was brought to the attention of Ptolemy, the Greek king of Egypt, who had it translated into Greek by a commission of seventy scholars for his new library at Alexandria. And so this account found its place among those writings which subsequently became a part of the later collections of the "sacred scriptures" of the Hebrew and Christian religions. And through identification with these theological systems, such concepts for a long time profoundly influenced the philosophy of many Occidental peoples.

74:8.13 The Christian teachers perpetuated the belief in the fiat creation of the human race, and all this led directly to the formation of the hypothesis of a onetime golden age of utopian bliss and the theory of the fall of man or superman which accounted for the nonutopian condition of society. These outlooks on life and man's place in the universe were at best discouraging since they were predicated upon a belief in retrogression rather than progression, as well as implying a vengeful Deity, who had vented wrath upon the human race in retribution for the errors of certain onetime planetary administrators.

74:8.14 The "golden age" is a myth, but Eden was a fact, and the Garden civilization was actually overthrown. Adam and Eve carried on in the Garden for one hundred and seventeen years when, through the impatience of Eve and the errors of judgment of Adam, they presumed to turn aside from the ordained way, speedily bringing disaster upon themselves and ruinous retardation upon the developmental progression of all Urantia.
UB 1955

74:8.15 [Narrated by Solonia, the seraphic "voice in the Garden."]

Choleric

Its a strange world if you think demons and Satan are more powerful than God.

I never said that. I have in fact implied the opposite. I said that God wrote a book which He values enough to keep pure from corruption. He has kept it pure from corruption. You seem to think God is incapable of that and you think only people with your special revelation can know the truth. That is silly. God sent His Word and keeps it.
Everything you say about my beliefs the Jews said about Jesus and about you. AS it turns out God is friendly and loving.

God is so friendly and loving that He sent His Son to die for you. This was a prophecy foretold throughout the entire bible and by Jesus Himself. You ignore what God wrote, and revealed and what Jesus said.

Lets agree to disagree, my beliefs will only annoy you.

I just hate the thought of you going to hell while being deceived by fallen angels. "Hath God said" is the first lie of the devil and it is the one you are falling prey to right now.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I never said that. I have in fact implied the opposite. I said that God wrote a book which He values enough to keep pure from corruption. He has kept it pure from corruption. You seem to think God is incapable of that and you think only people with your special revelation can know the truth. That is silly. God sent His Word and keeps it.

God is so friendly and loving that He sent His Son to die for you. This was a prophecy foretold throughout the entire bible and by Jesus Himself. You ignore what God wrote, and revealed and what Jesus said.

I just hate the thought of you going to hell while being deceived by fallen angels. "Hath God said" is the first lie of the devil and it is the one you are falling prey to right now.

Don't worry about Hell, it's a fictional place. There is either life or death.

The Son of God came down from heaven to live for the cause of salvation, in the Pagan world they see him dying for the cause of Sin. Instead of killing birds we need to have a change of heart.

Holy men wrote the bible and then told the people God wrote it.

God is Living Truth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

The Son of God came down from heaven to live for the cause of salvation, in the Pagan world they see him dying for the cause of Sin. Instead of killing birds we need to have a change of heart.

God is Living Truth.

So, your "little green men" from Venus told you that junk huh? And you believed it? :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

God is Living Truth.

So, the world is safe from Hell because a strange little guy sitting in front of a microscope wearing an outdated plaid shirt, told us so, right? :crackup:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Actually I've never believed God tortures people for an eternity. Will you be disappointed if your enemies won't be tortured forever?

You're certainly gonna be upset when you find out there's no little green men awaiting you in another Universe, outside our own.

Choleric

that is a lie. Jesus spoke about it. THe bible is true. Your demon informers have you doubting the bible God wrote that has been unchanged for 4,000 years. Such a shame you believe a demon over God.

God disagrees with you Caino. YOu are calling God incapable of preserving a book, but you trust a demon's ability to transfer God's message more than God. Do you see how silly that is? You put more credibility in an angel than you do in God, who created and sustains all things. that is very foolish.

God is Living Truth.

Why would you believe even a word of it if you don't believe all of it?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No UFO's associated with the UB.........

No UFO's associated with the UB.........

But, but, the Urantia book is a UFO CULT. Therefore, considered Sci-Fi.

There are no UFO's associated with the UB, neither are UFO's mentioned in the UB. Did you forget to get schooled here? - you're still using the 'ufo cult' card after all the corrections given? it looks like 'intellectual honesty' is not too high in your current inventory. From now on, since we've been over this time and time again, I'll just refer you to my primary post above that directly answers your mistaken belief, and proves your 'assumption' wrong.

Have some integrity.

Lon

There are no UFO's associated with the UB, neither are UFO's mentioned in the UB. Did you forget to get schooled here? - you're still using the 'ufo cult' card after all the corrections given? it looks like 'intellectual honesty' is not too high in your current inventory. From now on, since we've been over this time and time again, I'll just refer you to my primary post above that directly answers your mistaken belief, and proves your 'assumption' wrong.

Have some integrity.

Er, Truthbook says otherwise. He seems to be a Urantian to me.

journey

God is Living Truth.

You're lost and have some nasty surprises waiting for you.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're lost and have some nasty surprises waiting for you.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

He'll have to find out on his own. The hard way!

Status
Not open for further replies.