What is God's will for you?

Wick Stick

I believe that God's will, or plan, or destiny, applies at a group level. Not an individual one.

If I am functioning within the parameters and identity of the group, then I am within God's will.

Jarrod

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
A cuppla years after I was saved BR I found myself amongst the Salvation Army and God started using me in an extraordinary manner with amazing miracles, deliverances and folks getting saved...among the very hardest folks, drunks and druggies etc.

I felt a strong impression to join the Sally but I just couldn't get my head around some of their doctrines...also many officers started to fight what God was doing.

So I didn't join....but I have never been sure if this decision was right.

I still am blest, I still am used by God....but not like that, that was extraordinary.

I have peace but I feel as though I might have missed God's best plan.

Bradley D

God's Will for me is to Love God and Love Neighbor. Paul wrote to abide in Faith, Hope, and Charity! The most important being Charity!

glorydaz

I believe I am in God's will because this is where I find myself. As things come my way, I trust God to open whatever doors need to be opened, and to give me the peace to walk through or wait. My struggle has always been to keep from worrying or trying to go before God with whatever each day brings.

Good thread BR....as usual. :)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I believe I am in God's will because this is where I find myself. As things come my way, I trust God to open whatever doors need to be opened, and to give me the peace to walk through or wait. My struggle has always been to keep from worrying or trying to go before God with whatever each day brings.

Good thread BR....as usual. :)

What a kiss up

dstds2949

I think Westminster catechism sums up God's will for your and my life in its first question. What is the chief and highest end of man? Man's chief and highest end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

RBBI

A cuppla years after I was saved BR I found myself amongst the Salvation Army and God started using me in an extraordinary manner with amazing miracles, deliverances and folks getting saved...among the very hardest folks, drunks and druggies etc.

I felt a strong impression to join the Sally but I just couldn't get my head around some of their doctrines...also many officers started to fight what God was doing.

So I didn't join....but I have never been sure if this decision was right.

I still am blest, I still am used by God....but not like that, that was extraordinary.

I have peace but I feel as though I might have missed God's best plan.

There's that good foundation I told you about. :) You don't have to join anything, you're part of His body already. You didn't miss anything, you just saw first hand the tares being raised up with the wheat. Don't feel you missed Him. He is waking up in us, in different ways, at different times, just like we stretch different body parts before we get out of bed. He has to stretch us like a garment before He can put us on completely, a little at a time. You were instant in season, and seasons come and seasons go. You will be instant again when it's time. Blessings and peace