Rapture Ready

Jerry Shugart

The following evidence from the Scriptures demonstrate that those who received the Hebrew epistles were taught to be waiting for the rapture so they were members of the Body of Christ:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

John told these believers that they were expecting to see the Lord Jesus appear while they remained alive and they were expecting that at His appearance they would be made like Him. There is no evidence that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth to set up His earthly kingdom that living believers will be made like Him. Therefore, John's words can only be in regard to the "mystery" truth found here and only applies to members of the Body of Christ:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor.15:51-52).​

Right Divider

Body part
So do you think that those in the Body of Christ will not be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up the Messianic kingdom despite what Paul wrote here?:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord"
(1 Thess.4:17).​
Trying to put words in my mouth again JerBear?

Your complete inability to rightly divide is well known, you don't have to repeat yourself.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are not Timothy so according to your reasoning neither 1 Timothy nor 2 Timothy is for you!

1 and 2 Timothy was written to an individual in the BOC. I am an individual in the BOC.

Hebrews was written to a group of people, an ethnic group. I am not part of that ethnic group.

If you knew anything about the fact that Paul tells Christians that they have been raised up together with Christ and now sit together with Him in heavenly places then you would know that that is exactly what the author of Hebrews is speaking of here:

"But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23. To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect" (Heb.12:22-23).​

That is exactly what the author of Hebrews is speaking of when he wrote the following:

"Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus" (Heb.3:1).​

Hey, Jerry, who did Jesus speak to while He was on earth? Was it the Gentiles? or was it the Jews, or as Matthew writes Jesus' words in 15:24: [JESUS]“I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”[/JESUS]

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,has in these last days spoken to us [U}by His Son[/U], whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; - Hebrews 1:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews1:1-2&version=NKJV

Did you catch that? Not to "them" (as Paul would write if he was speaking to the gentiles ABOUT the Jews), and not "by Paul" (as the author would if he was a gentile speaking to the gentiles) or any of the Apostles (as one of the Apostles would if the author was a Jew writing to the Gentiles). "To us by His Son" is a CRYSTAL CLEAR indication that the author (a Jew (but certainly not Paul)) writing to the Jews.

Jerry Shugart

Hey, Jerry, who did Jesus speak to while He was on earth?

The same people which Paul speaks of here:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
(1 Cor.12:13).​

If you knew anything about the fact that Paul tells Christians that they have been raised up together with Christ and now sit together with Him in heavenly places then you would know that that is exactly what the author of Hebrews is speaking of here:

"But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect" (Heb.12:22-23).​

That is exactly what the author of Hebrews is speaking of when he wrote the following:

"Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus" (Heb.3:1).​

Danoh

So do you think that those in the Body of Christ will not be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up the Messianic kingdom despite what Paul wrote here?:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord"
(1 Thess.4:17).​

Welcome back, JS.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Jerry Shugart

So you agree that those in the Body of Christ will be on the earth when the Lord Jesus reigns from the throne of David on the earth.

What do you think will happen to all those who are saved and will be in the earthly kingdom when the following happens?:

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power"
(1 Cor.15:24).​

Right Divider

Body part
So you agree that those in the Body of Christ will be on the earth when the Lord Jesus reigns from the throne of David on the earth.

What do you think will happen to all those who are saved and will be in the earthly kingdom when the following happens?:

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power"
(1 Cor.15:24).​
I think that the body of Christ has the heavenly domain and not the earthly. Of course those two domains are joined in the end.

Why do you have your undies in a bunch about it?

Jerry Shugart

Jerry Shugart

Will the body of Christ be gentiles or Jews?

Both Jews and Gentiles are baptized into the Body of Christ. The middle wall of partition between the two has been broken down and all of the Jewish believers and all of the Gentile believers have been reconciled into one Body, the Body of Christ:

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph.2:14-16).​

According to your ideas the middle wall of partition still stands between the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers. How do you explain that?

Right Divider

Body part
Both Jews and Gentiles are baptized into the Body of Christ. The middle wall of partition between the two has been broken down and all of the Jewish believers and all of the Gentile believers have been reconciled into one Body, the Body of Christ:

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph.2:14-16).​

According to your ideas the middle wall of partition still stands between the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers. How do you explain that?
Once AGAIN, Jerry lies about my "ideas" (or is just completely confused even though this has been explained before).

INDEED, Jerry... in the body there is no Jew nor Greek. But in the world of the future, there are many nations,

Just to whom do you think that the "nations" in Rev 22 refers?

(HINT: One nation is Israel, the rest are gentiles).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
in the body there is no Jew nor Greek. But in the world of the future, there are many nations,

Just to whom do you think that the "nations" in Rev 22 refers?

(HINT: One nation is Israel, the rest are gentiles).
Yeppers.
In the BOC there is no distinction of anyone.
But in the kingdom there is.

Jerry Shugart

Once AGAIN, Jerry lies about my "ideas" (or is just completely confused even though this has been explained before).

Do you not teach that some first century Jewish believers were not in the Body of Christ?

I see nothing in the following passages which even hints that only some of them were made members of the Body of Christ:

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:14-16).​

I believe what Paul wrote here and from what he said "both" the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers are in the Body. I don't see Paul saying that only "some" but not "all" of the Jewish believers are in the Body.

Believe what you want but I will go with Paul on this one.

Right Divider

Body part
Do you not teach that some first century Jewish believers were not in the Body of Christ?
Indeed I do Jerry, because the Bible says that God does NOT CHANGE a persons calling.

I see nothing in the following passages which even hints that only some of them were made members of the Body of Christ:
"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:14-16).​

I believe what Paul wrote here and from what he said "both" the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers are in the Body. I don't see Paul saying that only "some" but not "all" of the Jewish believers are in the Body.

Believe what you want but I will go with Paul on this one.
Your lack of CONTEXT is typical of wrong dividers.

Jerry Shugart

Indeed I do Jerry, because the Bible says that God does NOT CHANGE a persons calling.

What about the Jews spoken of here?:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Jn.12:13).​

Was their calling changed?

And of course you fail to understand that the calling of all the jews spoken of here was changed:

Here is your answer to those verses:

Your lack of CONTEXT is typical of wrong dividers.

Of course you never said exactly in what way the verses which I quoted lack context. So now is your chance to tell me why these Jews who were made members of the Body did not have their calling changed!

Right Divider

Body part
What about the Jews spoken of here?:
"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Jn.12:13).​

Was their calling changed?
Nope... they refused their role in the kingdom by their unbelief and therefore were not eligible for that calling. They were like Paul who also invalidated his inclusion due to his unbelief. This is why Paul was one BORN OUT OF DUE TIME. (1 Cor 15:8).

And of course you fail to understand that the calling of all the jews spoken of here was changed:

Of course you never said exactly in what way the verses which I quoted lack context. So now is your chance to tell me why these Jews who were made members of the Body did not have their calling changed!
You make assumption about a lot of things Jerry.

Jerry Shugart

Nope... they refused their role in the kingdom by their unbelief and therefore were not eligible for that calling.

Apollos did not refuse his role in the kingdom because under that program he was saved, "knowing only the baptism of John":

"And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John" (Acts 18:24-25).​

But later, after Aquila and Priscilla had "expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly" (v.26) we see Paul saying that Apollos watered what he had planted and they are both "one":

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one"
(1 Cor.3:5-8).​

Apollos was watering what Paul had planted because both were members of the Body of Christ and both were ministering to those in the Body of Christ. It is inconceivable that Apollos was not a member of the Body of Christ since Paul says that "he that planteth and he that watereth are one."

According to your ideas it is impossible that Apollos became a member of the Body of Christ.

You make assumption about a lot of things Jerry.

Do you really think that answers what Paul said about the middle wall of partition being broken down and as a result the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers were made members of the Body of Christ? According to you only "some" of the Jewish believers were made members of the Body despite that Paul never hinted such a thing.

All I see from you is the fact that you put more faith in what those in the Neo-MAD teach than you do in what the Scriptures actually teach. Your final authority is not the Bible!