ECT "The Big Switch"

Danoh

So you all agree there is a standard of behavior that will be evidence of Christ?

Nope. Anyone can fake that "FORM OF godliness."

The Jew went around "called a Jew." When he was in fact "a breaker of the law."

The standard is invisible - neither male, nor female, nor circumcision, nor uncircumcision, nor Jew, nor Gentile; BUT a NEW creature.

Where? According to what "after the flesh"?

Wrong standard of measure - now we know NO MAN after the flesh.

Yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh even He know Him in that way no more.

And this ONLY GOD KNOWETH.

Case in point - one might think the athelete who thanks God for his win in some fool football game (man's pursuit of glory in his own vanity) might be "a good Christian," but all that proves is a superstitious fool (for the Son is "about My Father's business" NOT about the NFL).

john w

Hall of Fame
So you all agree there is a standard of behavior that will be evidence of Christ?

One can evidence a change in behavior from visiting a health club/sauna, calling a psychic hotline,....That does not make it "Christian."

A Muslim, Catholic, Buddhist, JW, atheist.................................. can "evidence a change in behavior."

And?

Interplanner

There's a line from post here:
Therefore, once a person makes a decision to believe the gospel of Christ, they are saved, justified, and cannot choose to anytime thereafter to become "unsaved/unjustified."

Yes they can. There are people I know with a very thorough understanding of justification and they were years into it, and they still decided against what it means for their life to be 'liked' to be 'popular' to 'fit in.'

Danoh

Therefore, once a person makes a decision to believe the gospel of Christ, they are saved, justified, and cannot choose to anytime thereafter to become "unsaved/unjustified."

Yes they can. There are people I know with a very thorough understanding of justification and they were years into it, and they still decided against what it means for their life to be 'liked' to be 'popular' to 'fit in.'

So is it your belief that a person can lose their salvation?

God's Truth

A person isn't saved just because they makes a decision to believe the gospel. That is nonsense. Jesus chooses whom he wants to save and when.

Last edited:

God's Truth

So, you concede, that not all of the Lord Jesus Christ's commands are directed to everyone?

Yes, or no.

Vs.

"We must always obey God....We must always obey Jesus..."-Cousin it

That is a deceitful question, because you know you do not believe that anything Jesus said when he walked the earth is for us.

God's Truth

Yes, she is a fraud, pounding the table that we must always obey God/"Jesus," but when challenged with a specific command of the LORD God, the Lord Jesus Christ, then, in deceit, says that does not apply to everyone, as "always" means "some of the time," "maybe,"..........and with no basis for determining when it does apply to everyone, and when it does not.

What do you think Jesus says to us that you should obey when he walked the earth? Nothing? Right; you show that your attack on me is deceitful.

God's Truth

When truth is confused, it ends up "another; which is not another..."

It becomes a lie.

Whether that truth was confused knowingly, or unknowingly.

What ever the actual intent behind such a confusion, nevertheless, when truth is confused; even the heart of sincerity becomes the heart of a fraud.

To assert in one post that one is to obey all, only to turn around and assert in another post, well, He did not mean that part is for everyone, is to show how confused one actually is, all the while unaware one is that confused.

You are in bad spot GT.

You assert Dispensational distinctions unaware they are what you are asserting.

Distinctions you then deny; keeping yourself from the obvious even as you look at the passages once more.

It is so sad what you are saying, for you know I believe we are to believe everything Jesus tells us, and you believe we are to obey NOTHING he says at the time he walked the earth.

What a crooked path one walks when first they practice to deceive.

God's Truth

Why do I believe I do not have to sell everything? Because Jesus said it to a RICH MAN, and I am not rich. Because Jesus knew the rich man loved his riches more; but Jesus knows I love him more.

God's Truth

One can evidence a change in behavior from visiting a health club/sauna, calling a psychic hotline,....That does not make it "Christian."

A Muslim, Catholic, Buddhist, JW, atheist.................................. can "evidence a change in behavior."

And?
Do Muslims, Catholics, Buddhists, etc, teach what Christ does? NO!

God's Truth

Pitiful, pitiful, pitiful...

Here is a new command from God only to Paul...Paul gets to be THE ONE, and ONLY ONE...we can cross out everything that was said before him and after him, because Satan taught God a lesson, and that lesson is that we cannot do anything right ever. So God is just going to have to out smart that devil and save us for NOTHING.

Did you read that? Don't you hear the illogical insanity implications of the beliefs you teach?

God's Truth

"Jesus died for the sins we repent of doing."-"god"suntruth

Study the above carefully, TOL audience,from "Cousin It."

Then, as a reasonably prudent person, weigh in on whether you reallty should be reading it's "posts," much less responding to them.

Yeah what a concept...we have to obey God? what a nut.

God's Truth

Obeying is believing that salvation is by the cross work of Christ in our place (Romans 4:25 KJV)! Now, obey the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

We have to do MORE THAN OBEY. Do you want me to post the MANY, MANY scriptures that tell us we have to obey?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do I believe I do not have to sell everything? Because Jesus said it to a RICH MAN, and I am not rich. Because Jesus knew the rich man loved his riches more; but Jesus knows I love him more.

You are free to do as you want--

Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
We have to do MORE THAN OBEY. Do you want me to post the MANY, MANY scriptures that tell us we have to obey?
Obeying the gospel is trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! IT is the good news by which we are saved!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

heir

TOL Subscriber
We have to do MORE THAN OBEY.
Your posts are so inconsistent! You go on and on about obeying and then the minute someone shows you that for us, obeying is believing that salvation is by the cross work of Christ in our place (Romans 4:25 KJV), you say we have to do more than obey! :dizzy:

You're a mess!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
obeying is believing

(Eph 5:18 KJV) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

The above is a commandment from Paul.

Paul is saying don't do something (get drunk), do something else (be filled with the Spirit).

You can't not get drunk by just believing. Not getting drunk requires you to not do something (a commandment). Which means you have to obey.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your posts are so inconsistent! You go on and on about obeying and then the minute someone shows you that for us, obeying is believing that salvation is by the cross work of Christ in our place (Romans 4:25 KJV), you say we have to do more than obey! :dizzy:

You're a mess!
Yeppers.
GT spits on grace here every time she posts.