I will not vote for trump

ClimateSanity

That's a profoundly naive or profoundly silly thing to say. Trump has detractors from within his own party, many of them conservatives. And more than a few conservatives doubt his credentials.

He didn't run against liberals. He didn't win against one.

These days, you run not only against your political opponents; you run against the media and the rest of the establishment who gets a microphone shoved in their face regarding you. It's those two classes of people that are thoroughly liberal.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
what town is ignorant of (and the complete list would fill books :chuckle: ) is that trump has co-opted the republican party and is in the process of remaking it in his own warped image, a process begun by Sarah Palin and the tea party

RIP ---> Republican Party

betcha he renames it after himself too :banana:

coming soon to a political landscape near you!

The Party Of Donald!

ClimateSanity

They are too entrenched to let that happen. They will stay firmly rooted in the establishment because they cannot survive outside of it.

ClimateSanity

Regarding my earlier post, Donald has also had to deal with the rent a mobs bought and paid for by George Soros and his ilk that deliberately come to his rallies to disrupt and hopefully stir up violence.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
what town is ignorant of (and the complete list would fill books :chuckle: )
Speculative, whereas yours mostly fills your posts. :)

is that trump has co-opted the republican party and is in the process of remaking it in his own warped image, a process begun by Sarah Palin and the tea party

RIP ---> Republican Party
Trump is Wallace with a larger, even more agitated and hostile base. He's about as new as wing-tips.

coming soon to a political landscape near you!

The Party Of Donald!
He could put golden (if fallen) arches over the White House and a sign reading, "1 served". :eek:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
097442-bill-clinton-and-monica-lewinsky.png

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
wallace appealed to the retarded, inbred south
Leaving aside the Yankee trash part, Wallace appealed to a lot of people outside of the South, but the parallel is in harnessing the anger and frustration of a segment of voters for political gain. When Wallace began his political life he was mostly an advocate for the poor, irrespective of color. But he wanted power more than he cared about how he got it and saw the means to it in pushing the segregation button, riding that wave of fear and anger. That's why, when the political day was over, he begged the people he'd wronged for forgiveness. George always knew the truth, but he sold his soul for power.
trump appeals to retarded inbred americans across the whole country! :banana:
He is the logical sweepstakes winner of better than a decade's worth of Republican rhetoric.

Life.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
wallace appealed to the retarded, inbred south

:think:

...Wallace appealed to a lot of people outside of the South, but the parallel is in harnessing the anger and frustration of a segment of voters for political gain. When Wallace began his political life he was mostly an advocate for the poor, irrespective of color. But he wanted power most of all and he rightly saw the means to it in pushing the segregation button, riding that wave of fear and anger. That's why, when the political day was over, he begged the people he'd wronged for forgiveness. George always knew he was wrong, but he sold his soul for power.

see? you know lots more about him that i did! :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
see? you know lots more about him that i did! :thumb:
You should consider that for a motto. :) Well, sans "about him".

He really thinks trump supporters are identical to Wallace supporters.
In some respects, absolutely. They're angry and frustrated and suspicious of the system they think is being used against their interests.

Which part of that don't you agree applies?

This is the level of hate he has for them.
Complete nonsense. You only think that because you're projecting your political reality and its requirements. In mine, I can have friends and family members who'll vote for him without hating them or anyone for what seems to me a poorly vetted choice.