Dear Mr. President...

glorydaz

You should give some thought as to why you have chosen to react by name-calling. There are a million ways to say “I disagree with you” available in adult discourse. When you call others names, they tend to get defensive and then the discussion will be lost.

You should give some thought to giving up your "lecture tour" on The Million Ways for Adult Discourse. The fact is....we do not live in La La Land, and all your wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin' and plannin' and dreamin' will not make it so. :surf:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Putin? The new Hitler according the Republicans? That Putin?

Yeah, that one. :plain:....Because reasons.

Putin confirms Russian jet destroyed by terrorist bomb - says 'vengeance is inevitable'

Article said:
"Note that he doesn't talk about how his people need to "empathize" with Islamic terrorists. He doesn't mention the idea that they have "legitimate grievances." He doesn't call for a jobs program or whine about global warming. The fecklessness that allowed the President's J.V. Team to increase its power, wealth, and area of influence exponentially is nowhere to be found.

In fact, Putin specifically vows that he will seek "vengeance" for his country's victims."

Last edited:

bybee

Reminds me of Bush's "Mission Accomplished."

Silly Republicans and Democrats.

You know what? This isn't about them. It is about hundred's of innocent folks going about their daily lives being viciously maimed and slaughtered by a horde of animals who have no regard for life!
It is the animals that are our enemies!

brewmama

Reminds me of Bush's "Mission Accomplished."

Silly Republicans and Democrats.

Except that Bush was expressing "mission accomplished" about capturing Hussein, which was true, and there was no reason to mock him for it. Liberals just didn't like how good he looked in the flight suit.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Except that Bush was expressing "mission accomplished" about capturing Hussein, which was true, and there was no reason to mock him for it. Liberals just didn't like how good he looked in the flight suit.

Except Bush made that speech before Saddam Hussein was captured.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I am not reading what you said in distro's post. It's recognition of a situation about them not us. Simply put we cannot fix them. Enough recent history shows that. We thought we could invade, make the world safe and establish our type of democracy. And we got whack-a-mole terrorism. That is not helpless thinking. That's being where are feet are.
We actually cannot “fix” anyone. This basic lesson taught me years to learn. I realized that unless I “fixed” my own dysfunctions, the only thing I had was to condemn and judge others who I felt “did not GET it.”

I think this same error is profoundly consequential when we carry the banner of “nation-building.” The results from this in the Middle East today confirm this error in spades.

glorydaz

You know what? This isn't about them. It is about hundred's of innocent folks going about their daily lives being viciously maimed and slaughtered by a horde of animals who have no regard for life!

And those animals are among the "refugees" being "invited" into this country. Let the good times roll.......

shagster01

Except that speech happened on May 1, 2003 and Saddam was captured on December 13, 2003. :idunno:

shagster01

Wait, this op and the post I replied to are not about the president?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

How do you distinguish the difference between innocent & animal?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You should give some thought to giving up your "lecture tour" on The Million Ways for Adult Discourse. The fact is....we do not live in La La Land, and all your wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin' and plannin' and dreamin' will not make it so. :surf:
All I can do is to take Jesus’s advice to knock on the door and let it open wide. Then and only then can my free will take over and my open-heartedness and my brain can do what they will.

It has worked for me for 30 years and my life in and with Jesus has grown exponentially.

I am so thankful that I now know Jesus. After being obsessed with him for decades I am finally able to admit a close love for him based on his teachings and friendship to me.

His teachings are not “La La Land” at all. They are as serious as death and as light and joyous as love.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The man we got wasn't Saddam Hussein but one of his doubles.

This is the Saddam we got...
MTE1ODA0OTcxNjY3Nzg1MjI5.jpg

images

This is the real Saddam...

images

images

images

See the difference better here...

1366082606.png
It wouldn’t surprise me if we got a “body double” of that kind old gentleman.