ECT CATHOLIC CHURCH & PROTESTANT SECTS: What's the Difference?

Cruciform

12107865_945779825459895_654747283168428427_n.jpg

SaulToPaul 2

The mere tradition of men that you have been fed by your chosen entirely non-authoritative, recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect is noted. :yawn:

(Incidentally, as Christ's original one historic Church, the Catholic Church simply cannot qualify as a "sect." Try again.)

St Paul didn't have any qualms about being called part of a sect, toward the end of the book of Acts.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
The big difference today is that the RCC has abandoned Gid in favor of Mary and its other man made doctrines while the Protesants still follow Christ. For proof, follow any link Cruciform posts and compare it to scripture.

Cruciform

The big difference today is that the CC has abandoned Gid in favor of Mary...
Straw Man Fallacy.

...and its other man made doctrines...
Post your proof.

...while the Protesants still follow Christ.
:darwinsm: ...That must be why Protestantism consists of tens-of-thousands of competing and contradictory recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects, with more being concocted every week. Brilliant.

For proof, follow any link Cruciform posts and compare it to scripture.
CM means "compare it to your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect's wholly non-authoritative interpretations of Scripture." Big difference there.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

relaff

... image ...]

Are you trying to tell me that Jesus taught, only people of the right church can be saved? So what was his intention when he told his disciples (not just one) to go out in the world and spread the word? "Yeah, go there, but make sure to report back to Peter"?

Well, I believe in Jesus, not in people.

Cruciform

Are you trying to tell me that Jesus taught, only people of the right church can be saved?
In a sense, yes. Even those non-Catholics who are ultimately saved will be so only because they have been connected by faith and baptism to Christ's one historic Catholic Church. Ultimately salvation comes through the one historic Church---Christ's Body---that Jesus himself founded.

So what was his intention when he told his disciples (not just one) to go out in the world and spread the word?

If you're referring to the so-called "Great Commission," Jesus is actually speaking specifically to his apostles---the original Magisterium of the Church---though lay believers are certainly to share the gospel as well.

Well, I believe in Jesus, not in people.

And yet the Jesus that you believe in personally founded His one historic Church upon the "Rock" of St. Peter who, along with the other apostles and their ordained successors (bishops), He appointed to guide and teach the faithful in His own name and by His very authority (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 15:2; 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6). God has always worked His purposes and will by means of human agents and agencies---primary among them Christ's one historic Church.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

relaff

In a sense, yes. Even those non-Catholics who are ultimately saved will be so only because they have been connected by faith and baptism to Christ's one historic Catholic Church. Ultimately salvation comes through the one historic Church---Christ's Body---that Jesus himself founded.

So Paul misspoke in Romans 10:9 or had no clue what he was saying? Because according to you he should have included "... and has the right church membership card in his pocket ...".

If you're referring to the so-called "Great Commission," Jesus is actually speaking specifically to his apostles---the original Magisterium of the Church---though lay believers are certainly to share the gospel as well.

Of course I'm speaking of that: Matthew 28:16-20
He told all 11 remaining disciples, of which Peter was one. So your statement doesn't answer my question.

And yet the Jesus that you believe in personally founded His one historic Church upon the "Rock" of St. Peter who, along with the other apostles and their ordained successors (bishops), He appointed to guide and teach the faithful in His own name and by His very authority.

It's sad to hear that you give a church more authority than Jesus. But I don't think that my words will change any of that.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Post your proof.

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

Let me translate into some more modern colloquial words.

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the good news for the gentiles had been committed to me, as the good news for the Jews was to Peter.

I even gave you the version saying who it was for, not what it was.