Boxing MMA Talk

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Holly Holms boxing champion destroys Rhonda Rousey UFC champ via ko 2nd round.

Prolly should just go for an immediate take down vs a high caliber boxer

The Berean

Holly Holms boxing champion destroys Rhonda Rousey UFC champ via ko 2nd round.

Prolly should just go for an immediate take down vs a high caliber boxer

Rousey was a foul-mouthed fraud. There's more to fighting than just twisting someone's elbow. She got knocked out with some serious quickness! :box: :maxi: :smack:

So much for the ludicrous assertions that Rousey could beat men.

Well done Holly Holm, way to show off those boxing skills. You have a new fan. :up:

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Rousey was a foul-mouthed fraud. There's more to fighting than just twisting someone's elbow. She got knocked out with some serious quickness! :box: :maxi: :smack:

Well done Holly Holm, way to show off those boxing skills. You have a new fan. :up:

Well mma has evolved since the early 90's. This is a lesson learned not to take anyone lightly especially someone with professional punching skill.

At 28 years old Rousey bought in on the baddest man on the planet lie just like Tyson did as a youngster.

I still would like to see a boxer in against a UFC champ.

Andre Ward @ 165lbs would be tough to beat for grapplers

Buzzword

So much for the ludicrous assertions that Rousey could beat men.

This seems to be an overly harsh critique of Ronda.

Women's MMA is still in its infancy, and Ronda had up until now been its Tito Ortiz: a phenomenal grappler for whom no one seemed to have an answer.

Holm may prove to be WMMA's Chuck Liddell.

Now with the UFC lacking in overly-dominant champions, Rousey was definitely overmarketed.
But that doesn't take away from the fact that NOBODY CAME CLOSE TO BEATING HER until last night.

I still would like to see a boxer in against a UFC champ.

James Toney vs. Randy Couture
At age 47, Randy showed Toney what happens when you don't train grappling.

Or, for an older example:
Royce Gracie vs. Art Jimmerson

Quetzal

I love watching the old Royce videos. Poor guys didn't know what to do with him and he changed martial arts forever.

Quetzal

Way too early to claim this. Up until now, only one person went past round one with her. She had a game plan that was very dominant and worked, until last night. She got beat, it happens. Doesn't mean she is a fraud.

The Berean

Way too early to claim this. Up until now, only one person went past round one with her. She had a game plan that was very dominant and worked, until last night. She got beat, it happens. Doesn't mean she is a fraud.

I never liked Rousey. Her personality is boorish, arrogant, and insufferable. And I always thought she was grossly overrated given the utter lack of depth and the shallow talent pool in women's MMA. Rousey never impressed me with her elbow twisting. If the armbar was not allowed she never would have been this "dominant". Rousey got exposed for her lack of striking skill. Holm utterly schooled her in that aspect. That finishing left round house kick was a thing of beauty.

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

Plus, Holm was VERY humble and even cried after her win as she thanked her fight club, her trainers, and her husband for all of their support. Holm came across as very classy.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Plus, Holm was VERY humble and even cried after her win as she thanked her fight club, her trainers, and her husband for all of their support. Holm came across as very classy.

Unlike Rousy before the fight. Full of grace, she is not. Spoiler tags to hide her vulgar statements.

Spoiler
Fake *** cheap shotting fake respect fake humility ***** - "preacher's daughter" my *** - I see through your fake sweet act now - you're getting your *** kicked tomorrow, and I'm really going to enjoy the beating I give you

And The Berean is likely way ahead of me. I didn't know who she was before her last victory. I don't watch women's sports, aside from relatives. I heard of her because of silly feminist men who said she could beat any man. MMA fighters excluded, referring to normal people.

Last edited:

bybee

Unlike Rousy before the fight. Full of grace, she is not. Spoiler tags to hide her vulgar statements.

Spoiler
Fake *** cheap shotting fake respect fake humility ***** - "preacher's daughter" my *** - I see through your fake sweet act now - you're getting your *** kicked tomorrow, and I'm really going to enjoy the beating I give you

And The Berean is likely way ahead of me. I didn't know who she was before her last victory. I don't watch women's sports, aside from relatives. I heard of her because of silly feminist men who said she could beat any man. MMA fighters excluded, referring to normal people.

I am utterly horrified at the sight of these women bashing each other.
As we know, something is seriously amiss in our society. I do hope that common core doesn't decide to make boxing for girls mandatory in the curriculum.

Quetzal

As we know, something is seriously amiss in our society. I do hope that common core doesn't decide to make boxing for girls mandatory in the curriculum.
Nah, I can't see that happening anytime soon.

The Berean

There is something unnatural about seeing two women punching each other in the face. But it's not new, bybee.

This is from the 1930's.

1ac2b840642e0ba71cd85e2da20d6be6.jpg

This is from 1949.

bybee

There is something unnatural about seeing two women punching each other in the face. But it's not new, bybee.

This is from the 1930's.

1ac2b840642e0ba71cd85e2da20d6be6.jpg

This is from 1949.

I know, but it is awful to me. Years ago I took Karate and had to engage in "sparring". It was controlled but I quit after receiving a cracked rib from a well placed round kick!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Just back from a ban :)
Anyway, I agree totally. I don't like to see women in combat of any kind unless it's life or death.

The glory of a man is his strength and the glory of the woman is her hair.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I only brought it up cause I think boxing is better for self defense than wrestling/jujitsu.

Thus far no pro boxers in their prime have crossed over. Holly didn't seem to throw punches with great technique that night.

Probably because committing to sit down on your punches can get you tackled I guess.

None the less she proved that nothing is a guarantee in fighting, regardless of what Dana and Joe think