Shameful ! Ted Cruz Attends Conference Organized By Anti-Gay lunatic Pastor !

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Recently, such prominent right-wing politicians as Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee and governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana attended the
"National Religious Liberties " conference organized by pastor Kevin Swanson , who openly advocates execution of all gay people in America by the US government .
This is unbelievable ! Pastor Swanson is a raving lunatic and madman whose Christian views are so extreme they make him worthy of being put in a mental institution for life !
But Swanson has a considerable amount of support among the religious right . Mike Huckabee claimed to have been unaware of
Swanson's insane, Hitlerian anti-gay bigotry, but he is probably being disingenuous .
You can see Swanson's insane rantings on youtube. Among other things, he sees Harry Potter and the popular Disney movie " Frozen " as part of a sinister plot to make children gay .
Swanson is a paranoid , hateful , fanatical monster , and the fact that such prominent American politicians as Cruz , Huckabee and Jindal could be so stupid and thoughtless as to attend his conference and give him some credibility is absolutely disgraceful !
These politicians are actually not much better than Swanson in their
fanatical opposition to gay rights .

brewmama

Recently, such prominent right-wing politicians as Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee and governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana attended the
"National Religious Liberties " conference organized by pastor Kevin Swanson , who openly advocates execution of all gay people in America by the US government .
This is unbelievable ! Pastor Swanson is a raving lunatic and madman whose Christian views are so extreme they make him worthy of being put in a mental institution for life !
But Swanson has a considerable amount of support among the religious right . Mike Huckabee claimed to have been unaware of
Swanson's insane, Hitlerian anti-gay bigotry, but he is probably being disingenuous .
You can see Swanson's insane rantings on youtube. Among other things, he sees Harry Potter and the popular Disney movie " Frozen " as part of a sinister plot to make children gay .
Swanson is a paranoid , hateful , fanatical monster , and the fact that such prominent American politicians as Cruz , Huckabee and Jindal could be so stupid and thoughtless as to attend his conference and give him some credibility is absolutely disgraceful !
These politicians are actually not much better than Swanson in their
fanatical opposition to gay rights .

:yawn:

You...do not tell the truth.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

You give those Bozos more credit than they deserve. They attended his conference to get votes. They or their staff knew what Swanson stands for, if they did not then they need to get new staff. But it matters not to the crazed right wing Tea Partiers. anything that allows them to hate is something that gets votes.

brewmama

Really, dont know about Swanson's boundless Christian love?

I couldn't really care less about him or what he said. It's nothing compared to what Obama's pastor that he listened to for 20 years has said.

And it doesn't meant that religious freedom is not an issue worth addressing, which is actually what it was about, not all your "scandalous" digging up!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I couldn't really care less about him or what he said. It's nothing compared to what Obama's pastor that he listened to for 20 years has said.

And it doesn't meant that religious freedom is not an issue worth addressing, which is actually what it was about, not all your "scandalous" digging up!

:yawn:

You...do not tell the truth.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Ah, my digging was scandalous, but yours was not? Must be because you like that special Christian religious freedom.

republicanchick

But Swanson has a considerable amount of support among the religious right . .

Here are your own words w/ just a few minor changes made to better reflect (objective? subjective?) reality

This is unbelievable ! The Horn is a raving lunatic and madman whose anti-Christian views are so extreme they make him worthy of being put in a mental institution for life !
But The Horn has a considerable amount of support among the anti-religious left... who would force people to bake cakes against their will....

(just thought u might want to know how u sound)

++

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Hmmmm. When have I ever called for the government to execute Christians ? Or any liberals called for this ?. What a sick comparison !

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Republicanchick, I have no support whatsoever among the "anti religious left " (whatever that is) . I'm just a run-of-the -mill unknown social liberal, and I'm in no way "anti-christian ".

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Republicanchick!! I have no support whatsoever among the "anti religious left " (whatever that is) !!!!! I'm just a run-of-the -mill unknown social liberal!!! and I'm in no way "anti-christian "!!

better :)

i mean better!!! :)

brewmama

Republicanchick, I have no support whatsoever among the "anti religious left " (whatever that is) . I'm just a run-of-the -mill unknown social liberal, and I'm in no way "anti-christian ".

You don't know who the anti religious left is? You really should get a clue as to who it is you side with.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Brewmama, I know of the straw man of the "anti-religious left", but there is no such thing . It's an urban legend, no more .
Liberals , me included, aren't "anti-christian . " They just don't want Christians and Christianity getting power in America - and with good reason !

brewmama

Brewmama, I know of the straw man of the "anti-religious left", but there is no such thing . It's an urban legend, no more .
Liberals , me included, aren't "anti-christian . " They just don't want Christians and Christianity getting power in America - and with good reason !

You cannot be serious. Maybe not you or 100% of the leftists are anti-religious, but to say it's a straw man or urban legend??

"The present ideology of the Democratic Party is the trickling down to the level of electoral politics of the principles laid out by the Supreme Court in 1947–1948—that religion is a dangerous and divisive force in society and must be restrained. It is a view that derives ultimately from John Dewey, who, long before there was any popular constituency for the idea, erected “democracy” into a kind of religion and urged that public policy enforce that faith against traditional religions, which, he insisted, were inherently incompatible with a democratic society."

"Lurking just out of sight of the mass media, but enjoying influence in some quarters of the Democratic Party, are ideologues who argue forthrightly that orthodox religious believers and other “reactionary” people cannot be allowed full freedom to propagate their beliefs, not even within their own families. Some liberals have now pulled away from the idea that “democracy” requires complete toleration of all viewpoints and argue precisely that the freedom of some people must be curtailed in the name of freedom."

"Liberalism has thus become a rival faith to traditional religion, because contemporary liberalism cannot tolerate any view of life more ultimate than its own, or any wisdom that might call into question the wisdom of the liberal state. Indeed, as some liberals forthrightly admit, religion’s claims to ultimacy are precisely what make it dangerous, since citizens should not be “distracted” from their political tasks."

"Liberal church members harbor an animosity towards their conservative brethren at least as strong as that found among outright secularists, and many liberal church leaders now condemn the “Religious Right” as the chief danger to American freedom, strong religious belief being treated as a psychological disorder."

Read more: http://www.touchstonemag.com/archives/article.php?id=16-03-029-f#ixzz3roniPERK

brewmama

..."The way to do away with God here, in a country with a consensual history, even among its non-Christians, of Christian principle, is incrementally to make Christianity immoral. Lift up A Woman’s Right to Choose or Every Child’s Right to Be Wanted as unexceptionable points of public piety, so making Christians’ historical opposition to infanticide mean-spirited and un-American. Represent their conviction that homosexuality is sinful as hatred for the homosexual and an attempt to deprive him of his civil rights. Make Christian belief that fornication is sin and illegitimacy is an evil society should make every effort to discourage into a perverse, bigoted desire to assert moral superiority and grind the face of the poor. Make attempts to bring natural law or universally accepted moral principles to bear on public discourse a covert attempt to establish religion. Enlist dim and compromised Christians by representing to them that the party standing for all these things is the party of Christian charity because the public resources it uses to assist in killing some children are used to feed others. Do these effectively, and one can talk as much about God and be as religious and true-blue American as one pleases. The threat of the real God has been effectively removed, while the party that has accomplished this feat can claim both civic and religious virtue, enlisting any number of liberal ministers for its barkers."...

Read more: http://www.touchstonemag.com/archives/article.php?id=16-05-005-e#ixzz3ropadyvA