Mizzou Racial Tension

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
they could all go back to their inner city, drug and gang-ridden homes and feel safer

:chuckle: I'd be willing to bet that the majority of them come from homes and neighborhoods much nicer than the ones you and I feel "safe" in.

brewmama

What do they want? Not to be harassed and insulted because of their race?

And look at the ignorant and racist reaction right here on this thread! And this from people who don't know any of them, don't live in their community, or have any real idea what's going on. Yet they universally condemn them, and despise them, call them names, and defend the right to insult and humiliate them in public. This is the environment they're living in. And they have every right to feel unsafe. Because they are unsafe if we allow these racist bullies to run amok.

What about the people that are really unsafe? Specifically those victimized by black crime? You don't seem to care so much about them.

"The real story on and around the Mizzou campus is just the opposite of the fairy tale these Black Lives Matter wannabes would have us believe: Crime and violence in Columbia, Missouri is a big problem -- and it’s a black thing.

Just two weeks ago, a local TV station documented all the violence that exists just off campus -- with dozens of assaults and robberies in the space of just a few months in this small college town.

Some of the assaults were on a hiking and biking trail popular with students. Others episodes of violence were in the downtown area that surrounds the campus.

The reporter did not say what is easily found out in public records at the city police and campus police web sites: the predators are overwhelmingly black. The victims are not."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._racial_hoaxes_of_the_week.html#ixzz3rOVG8VOx

bybee

What about the people that are really unsafe? Specifically those victimized by black crime? You don't seem to care so much about them.

"The real story on and around the Mizzou campus is just the opposite of the fairy tale these Black Lives Matter wannabes would have us believe: Crime and violence in Columbia, Missouri is a big problem -- and it’s a black thing.

Just two weeks ago, a local TV station documented all the violence that exists just off campus -- with dozens of assaults and robberies in the space of just a few months in this small college town.

Some of the assaults were on a hiking and biking trail popular with students. Others episodes of violence were in the downtown area that surrounds the campus.

The reporter did not say what is easily found out in public records at the city police and campus police web sites: the predators are overwhelmingly black. The victims are not."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._racial_hoaxes_of_the_week.html#ixzz3rOVG8VOx

He never acknowledges this aspect of crime.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I think we need "Safe Spaces" for everyone....I wonder what that would look like? :think:

picture.php

PureX

What about the people that are really unsafe? Specifically those victimized by black crime?
What about it? it has nothing whatever to do with this. Unless you figure that because some criminals are black, it should be OK to insult and humiliate any black person, anytime, in public.

Is this what you're trying to justify?
The real story on and around the Mizzou campus is just the opposite of the fairy tale these Black Lives Matter wannabes would have us believe: Crime and violence in Columbia, Missouri is a big problem -- and it’s a black thing.
Well, it's not coming from black college students, who are trying to better themselves with higher education. So what does insulting and humiliating them in public have do with stoping black crime?
Sounds like they need to step up police presence, and deal with their racial-social-economic issues. But what does any of this have to do with the black college students? Do you think they should be mistreated just because they're black? Because that certainly sounds like what you're trying to say, here.

Are you really THAT ignorant???

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:shocked: Don't be silly...Things have been so horribly stressful that a "black healing space" had to be created. Those poor children; I can only imagine the micro-aggressions which they have had to endure. :sigh:

Pile of :purex: is what it is. :plain:

Safe Space

:rotfl:

rainbows all around me

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What do they want? Not to be harassed and insulted because of their race?
No, they wanted more than that. Didn't you see their list of 8 demands, which included the firing/resignation of the president? They got that part done. Why? Tension. Not by having media free safe zones where they can talk to each other.

And look at the ignorant and racist reaction right here on this thread! And this from people who don't know any of them, don't live in their community, or have any real idea what's going on. Yet they universally condemn them, and despise them, call them names, and defend the right to insult and humiliate them in public. This is the environment they're living in. And they have every right to feel unsafe. Because they are unsafe if we allow these racist bullies to run amok.
Racist bullies running amok? There were 3 incidents. I think that's hardly racists running amok. Nice hyperbole. And before you say it....yes, yes, I know that if nothing is done/said about what we've seen then it could encourage more people to do similar things. I'm certainly not saying we should ignore everything.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Considering there was some guy posting death threads on social media I can understand student concern (assuming the exam would have been during the period when the threats were made and before the guy was caught) and perhaps some leeway was reasonable. I don't think he should have resigned though.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't blame him one bit. :)

I don't blame him either, really. His career there probably would have been miserable after this. Perhaps I should have worded it this way. I don't think he should have felt obligated to resign. But it's the atmosphere we're in now.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I don't blame him either, really. His career there probably would have been miserable after this. Perhaps I should have worded it this way. I don't think he should have felt obligated to resign. But it's the atmosphere we're in now.

Ah...Yes, very true. :sigh:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ents-demand-no-free-speech-signs-or-else.html

Protests demand the school president apologize for signs that say “free speech” died at Mizzou. Then they want her to find the offenders and teach them tolerance.

Students protesting at Amherst College have issued a list of demands to administrators that includes making them apologize for signs that lament the death of free speech.

A group calling themselves the Amherst Uprising listed 11 demands they want enacted by next Wednesday. Among them is a demand that President Biddy Martin issue a statement saying that Amherst does “not tolerate the actions of student(s) who posted the ‘All Lives Matter’ posters, and the ‘Free Speech’ posters.”

The latter posters called the principle of free speech the “true victim” of the protests at the University of Missouri.

Going further, the students demand the people behind "free speech" fliers be required to go through a disciplinary process as well as “extensive training for racial and cultural competency.”

:plain: