On Rape

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Consensual stupidity SHOULD be criminal IMHO, but it isn't a high volume factor in the majority of rape cases nationally.

Jurisprudence is not an exact science. It is a finite set of rules for an infinite set of variations and circumstances.

Despite the best of intentions, sometimes the innocent(sic) are swept up with the same broom as the guilty.

Raising the threshold of guilt in the case of rape allegations has no bearing on that except to create an environment even more conducive to abuse.

The court system has an obligation to make an effort to take into consideration any and all extenuating circumstance that may apply, and adjudicate the case accordingly.

If the conditions that you describe were not taken fully into account, the Judge should be stubble drug.

But the rapist should do 90 days just for stupidity.

I disagree with that bolded part, no matter how stupid someone is, that is a separate matter than an actual rape. A rapist bears the full responsibility for their crime, no matter how stupid, careless, irresponsible the victim was - that has no bearing on a crime having occured.

Then there is the matter of what is called rape, actually being rape, just because its called that sometimes doesnt mean it was- those were the situations i was adressing. (and in the particular instance i responded to, that you quoted me on here, was about a situation i wouldnt call rape to begin with - because her actions crossed into implied consent imo)

Foxfire

I disagree with that bolded part, no matter how stupid someone is, that is a separate matter than an actual rape. A rapist bears the full responsibility for their crime, no matter how stupid, careless, irresponsible the victim was - that has no bearing on a crime having occured.

Then there is the matter of what is called rape, actually being rape, just because its called that sometimes doesnt mean it was- those were the situations i was adressing. (and in the particular instance i responded to, that you quoted me on here, was about a situation i wouldnt call rape to begin with - because her actions crossed into implied consent imo)

I understand what you are driving at. But I think the following line accommodates your concerns.
The court system has an obligation to make an effort to take into consideration any and all extenuating circumstance that may apply, and adjudicate the case accordingly.
The burden of discerning the veracity of rape allegations falls squarely in the lap of the judge and jury.

In a questionable set of conditions, such as you describe, I would be more at ease for a judge and jury to make a determination based on the facts presented than I would be by making it easier to disguise actual rape.

If you make a less aggressive definition of rape, you only make it easier for a crafty would be rapist to manipulate circumstances to appear within the law.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I understand what you are driving at. But I think the following line accommodates your concerns.

The burden of discerning the veracity of rape allegations falls squarely in the lap of the judge and jury.

In a questionable set of conditions, such as you describe, I would be more at ease for a judge and jury to make a determination based on the facts presented than I would be by making it easier to disguise actual rape.

If you make a less aggressive definition of rape, you only make it easier for a crafty would be rapist to manipulate circumstances to appear within the law.

By saying that, you don't understand what ive said at all. A rapist (actually rapes someone) should face the maximum punishment for their crime, no matter the circumstances.

In the scenerio i was speaking of, i do not consider that rape at all.

There is no such thing as "partial" rape nor should there be.

Foxfire

By saying that, you don't understand what ive said at all.

Illuminate me.

edit Ahhh.

There is no such thing as "partial" rape nor should there be.

That I agree with entirely. All I'm saying is that it's the courts job to make the appropriate determination when a woman makes rape accusations under questionable circumstances..

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Illuminate me.

Im saying an actual rape is a crime that should be punished by the full extent of the law. No matter what the victim did

Ie- passed out drunk and was raped

Victim was stupid, and bears responsibility that her actions put her in harms way, but that still doesnt detract from the rapist receiving max punishment.

Shes guilty of stupidity and allowing herself to become a crime victim

and the rapist is fully guilty for committing a crime, fully - no excuse for his behavior.

In the other situtation, lap dancer stripped naked, allowing very drunk men to touch all over her that way, and one doing his thing while she was in his lap also her allowing him to touch all over her - i do not consider she was raped, because her actions implied consent imo.

(allowing the touching, and in his lap naked, and hes drunk) Happened too quick for "verbal consent" and she cries rape after.

bybee

Totally agree, because all cries of rape, are not rape.

That is true! So young fellows need to use caution also in the situations wherein they date a girl who is under 18. He may think it is consensual sex but she may turn around and call it rape if her parents find out.
Young men are very vulnerable to this sort of thing, therefore, they must decide if, perhaps, saying no to themselves is the wiser course.

Arthur Brain

Well, as anna's thread has been closed, in no small part due to you acting like a crank, I'll address your moronic outbursts here:

"and so you have a huge emotional investment in the subject matter and are unable to examine it dispassionately and rationally

i understand

and i understand that your alcoholism is behind your emotional outbursts, inability to follow a train of thought and bizarre bursts of insults."

I can have an emotional investment in a topic and have a rational foundation for a train of thought. Probably an alien concept for someone like you but it exists nonetheless. Your "understanding" is skewed at best and it only backfires on you anyway. If I'm this supposed alcoholic then how come in well over six years I've amassed a single infraction as oppose to...how many infractions/bans/aliases have you clocked up on here again?

It would seem that you can't keep it together even while supposedly sober...

"google miley cyrus"

Don't need to and that isn't a definition which is what you were asked for.

"you want a medal?

i've seen many people struggle to deal with other psychological shocks - from assault (of a non-sexual nature), to PTSD, to emotional trauma

get over yourself you big poof"

No, though only you would say something as asinine as that anyway. Nobody is decrying that there are all sorts of traumatic conditions and what was that about bizarre insults again?

:chuckle:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
AB said:
Don't need to and that isn't a definition which is what you were asked for.

You wanted whore defined, right?

noun \ˈhȯr, ˈhu̇r\
Definition of WHORE
: a woman who engages in sexual acts for money : prostitute; also : a promiscuous or immoral woman
: a male who engages in sexual acts for money

there you go.

glorydaz

:noid:

seems to me there used to be another rape thread around here somewhere :idunno:

There was. And the bleeding hearts were busy accusing me of having no empathy for the poor victims. I imagine it makes them feel better about themselves, but it really shows how they love to JUMP. Libs must have stock in pogo sticks. :chuckle:

I liked what that female soldier said about being raped. Personally I'd rather be raped than hooked up to a welder any day. :thumb:

I'd rather be raped than beat half to death.
I'd rather be raped than tortured.
I'd rather be raped than have one of my children hurt.

The rape victim lives to see another day. God forbid I should even suggest such a thing. The invectives should fly now. :think:

glorydaz

You wanted whore defined, right?

noun \ˈhȯr, ˈhu̇r\
Definition of WHORE
: a woman who engages in sexual acts for money : prostitute; also : a promiscuous or immoral woman
: a male who engages in sexual acts for money

there you go.

Poor innocent little whores. They don't deserve any consequences for their own behavior. None of us do. :chew:

glorydaz

We all get consequences for our behaviors, good and bad, every single day. Weird that some miss that.

They miss it because they can't see past the word RAPE.

Actually, they can't see past the word WOMAN. This WAR ON WOMEN has been grilled into people's heads. Women simply are not held accountable for anything.

At least some still hold them accountable where abortions are concerned. There's a behavior with some consequences that some might see. Even then, though, the blame too often goes to others...the men...society..poverty, etc.