ECT Time to speak the truth in love Ephesians 4:15

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
e6e41a205a52d7a8bbe847adf4304c56.jpg

oatmeal

I Corinthians 14:5

There is no scripture that suggests that speaking in tongues went out with the apostles.

It remains a powerful and perfect manifestation of the nine we are able to use. I Corinthians 12:7-11

oatmeal

What happened to you? You get saved?

Yes, about 55 years ago.

Learned a few things since then.

Like what to do with the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit/righteousness after I have it.

When did you do receive the gift of salvation/eternal life?

oatmeal

Does anyone judge whether someone is saved by whether they sin or not?

Or by whether or not someone agrees with their doctrine?

We were in need of saving because of our sin and doctrinal errors.

Can anyone honestly declare they have achieved perfection, total maturity, have grown up in all things in Christ, that they have totally and perfectly renewed their minds to the all truth? Romans 12:1-3

oatmeal

I John 4:13

God, who is the Holy Spirit, is the Giver of His gift, holy spirit, to those who do Romans 10:9-10

He gave to us of His spirit.

Not distinguishing between the Giver and the gift has caused much confusion

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

God, who is the Holy Spirit, is the Giver of His gift, holy spirit, to those who do Romans 10:9-10

He gave to us of His spirit.

Not distinguishing between the Giver and the gift has caused much confusion

A black lie spoken no doubt in love

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Now this is not love, you show yourself to be wearing a mask.

Did you not choose this scripture because it seems to say that the Holy Spirit is not a Person separate from the Father and the Son?

That was crafty...your whole method is crafty, love is not crafty.

You even changed the lower case you usually employ for the blest Holy Ghost to a capital.

We cannot possibly both be telling the truth for I know the Holy Spirit as a Person but you say He is not.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Did you not choose this scripture because it seems to say that the Holy Spirit is not a Person separate from the Father and the Son?

You even changed the lower case you usually employ for the blest Holy Ghost to a capital.

We cannot possibly both be telling the truth for I know the Holy Spirit as a Person but you say He is not.

The Father reveals His Son to mankind through His Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is not a third person.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth, who Jesus said was the Father in Him.

John ch 14.

You have the gift of suspicion and condemnation.

LA

oatmeal

Read it for yourself.

Its meaning is plain as day

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
See also Acts 11:16-17

You do not understand scripture unless Wierville has taught you what it means...and he teaches awrong.

Salvation was the gift, that Cornelius had received the Holy Ghost was proof to Peter that the gift of salvation had been received.

Only a Person can be grieved, can be pleased, can speak, can teach, can comfort.

Your saying that the Holy Spirit is not a Person simply shows you do not know Him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You do not understand scripture unless Wierville has taught you what it means...and he teaches awrong.

Oats is quoting scripture for what he believes, you give none.

Salvation was the gift, that Cornelius had received the Holy Ghost was proof to Peter that the gift of salvation had been received.

The gift of the Holy Ghost is salvation.

Only a Person can be grieved, can be pleased, can speak, can teach, can comfort.

Your saying that the Holy Spirit is not a Person simply shows you do not know Him.

It is the Person in the Holy Ghost who speaks.

You have yet to be able to identify just Who is speaking to you, and He certainly is not giving you the words you are now speaking.

LA