Who is Neg Repping Who and Why?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The "research" didn't happen to mention that I was busy ripping off your sheep's costume, did it? We're in a battle, and your attempts to be "popular" and get people feeling sorry for you are the very tools your father the devil has taught you to employ. You've fooled some of the villagers, but your day will come, wolf.

James 1:9 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I was responding to him....not you. Stop interfering when I am answering someone else's posts. Then you won't be kept so busy reporting me.

gd -your attempts to be "popular"

So how does one attempt to be popular ? You either are or you're not. I don't misrepresent myself or try leading folks away from God. How am I a "Wolf" ? Please expound. I can spot wolves from a mile away.

View attachment 20649

Foxfire

Time to open the thread back up:

Got a neg rep? Who gave it to you?

Got one from PJ the other day. It was to let me know that I had been booted from his rep club.

If he hadn't told me, I would never have noticed the difference.

Come to think of it, I still haven't. :plain:

He made up for it though. A day later he sent me a pos with another reminder.

:mock: RPG

Had to agree with the sentiment there.....even if it was for a post he reported.

Last edited:

Foxfire

Got a PM from someone I accidentally neg repped.

Sometime when I go too fast giving reps I accidentally get the neg icon when I move my cursor to the send button. I usually catch it, but if I miss, please let me know in a PM? :(

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Got a PM from someone I accidentally neg repped.

Sometime when I go too fast giving reps I accidentally get the neg icon when I move my cursor to the send button. I usually catch it, but if I miss, please let me know in a PM? :(

I suppose that can happen at times :) - yet neg reps these days are miniscule in power, not even a 'blurb' on the radar. I suppose poz reps are a bit more significant.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
anything 'conditional' is subject to change.....

anything 'conditional' is subject to change.....

Got one from PJ the other day. It was to let me know that I had been booted from his rep club.

If he hadn't told me, I would never have noticed the difference.

Come to think of it, I still haven't. :plain:

He made up for it though. A day later he sent me a pos with another reminder.

Such conflation of spite or humor is often confused in his 'givings',...depending on this or that factor. Consider the 'psychology' at work :)

I never got an invite to the RPG, but was part of another now disbanded "rep club" where pj was also a participating member, and we did pretty good at boosting each other 'scores', while it lasted. Apparently only a limited number of under 7 were 'invited' or 'accepted' to his special "club" - :idunno: - (no hard feelings) - heaven knows I've always tried to 'pay it forward' with reps and other ways.

Anyways,....how much TOL rep might affect one's religious growth, spiritual progress or sanity, is up for grabs beyond other speculations. (a tree is known by its fruit)

Intellectual honesty, kindness and integrity go a long way, no matter what religious cult-ure, tradition or theology you espouse. The perks of individual taste, eccentricity and personality come with the package, as well as any 'belief-system' one holds, which is subject to change.

Last edited:

Foxfire

I suppose that can happen at times :) - yet neg reps these days are miniscule in power, not even a 'blurb' on the radar. I suppose poz reps are a bit more significant.

Yeah, I feel the same there. It's such an insignificant impact that any benefit(?) that's derived is entirely negated by the harsh feelings it generates towards the originator.

I experimented with using POS reps in creative ways, instead of neg repping when people were being annoying, but that ended rather badly. :plain:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yeah, I feel the same there. It's such an insignificant impact that any benefit(?) that's derived is entirely negated by the harsh feelings it generates towards the originator.

I experimented with using POS reps in creative ways, instead of neg repping when people were being annoying, but that ended rather badly. :plain:

Its a nice option in any case,...and other new features may be forthcoming in the new system format coming. Every action we make engenders the karmic law,....so its best we work with universal law to our own good, which translates into good for all. Of course the negative wave-reaction affect also carries its repurcussions.

glorydaz

Such conflation of spite or humor is often confused in his 'givings',...depending on this or that factor. Consider the 'psychology' at work :)

I never got an invite to the RPG, but was part of another now disbanded "rep club" where pj was also a participating member, and we did pretty good at boosting each other 'scores', while it lasted. Apparently only a limited number of under 7 were 'invited' or 'accepted' his special "club" - :idunno: - (no hard feelings) - heaven knows I've always tried to 'pay it forward' with reps and other ways.

Anyways,....how much TOL rep might affect one's religious growth, spiritual progress or sanity, is up for grabs beyond other speculations. (a tree is known by its fruit)

Intellectual honesty, kindness and integrity go a long way, no matter what religious cult-ure, tradition or theology you espouse. The perks of individual taste, eccentricity and personality come with the package, as well as any 'belief-system' one holds, which is subject to change.

And here the Little Dictator Baby Jane was claiming he didn't care about rep. :rotfl:

Foxfire

Ha! - I think with pj there are more subtle complex psychological mechanisms at work ;)

One could do just as well without a rep system and the trappings.

Indeed. The most beneficial function it has is as a quick way to send a pleasant acknowledgement.

The neg function is redundant to the woodshed.

The fruit salad can be a fun thing and it does infer a degree of earned notoriety or tenure.