POPE SAYS JESUS WAS A FAILURE

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Yup, congrgational rule.... they appointed their own leaders. The pope, cardinals and bishops did not appoint themselves or appoint each other... then congregation submitted to leaders that they chose... and they could also be removed by those that appointed them.

The Catholic Church has a history of really being the first Church anywhere that we know of. It all had to start somewhere. I don't believe any of us know for sure how it all progressed, but the The Church has a pretty good history of it most of which really can't be denied. Somebody had to succeed Peter. When Peter went to Rome they were meeting in houses well after he died and I'm not sure when Churches were first constructed. He's the one that went to Rome. The foundation is below the first floor and holds up the building. That's why I'm a believer that Peter was... not called the Pope, he was an apostle. Peter was one of the more aggressive apostles and had a big mouth. He likely gained a quick and large following. I'm sure he had several People under his wing and had to appoint somebody.

Who knows if the Church's history is all correct, but there's no doubt in my mind my church is the mother of yours. The Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

Does it hurt your feelings that you may be the offspring of it?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
to fulfill prophecy

can be found no more

need scripture for that?

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Every gal in Constantinople
Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
So if you've a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

So take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks

Istanbul, Istanbul
Istanbul, Istanbul

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople

So take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople

Istanbul.

HisServant

The Catholic Church has a history of really being the first Church anywhere that we know of. It all had to start somewhere. I don't believe any of us know for sure how it all progressed, but the The Church has a pretty good history of it most of which really can't be denied. Somebody had to succeed Peter. When Peter went to Rome they were meeting in houses well after he died and I'm not sure when Churches were first constructed. He's the one that went to Rome. The foundation is below the first floor and holds up the building. That's why I'm a believer that Peter was... not called the Pope, he was an apostle. Peter was one of the more aggressive apostles and had a big mouth. He likely gained a quick and large following. I'm sure he had several People under his wing and had to appoint somebody.

Who knows if the Church's history is all correct, but there's no doubt in my mind my church is the mother of yours. The Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

Does it hurt your feelings that you may be the offspring of it?

Peter never went to Rome and had no reason to... It would have been against his mission and calling.

republicanchick

Speaking of failures. You worship an ever-dead idol "Christ" that can't save you because His work is never done, just as yours isn't. You're damned right where you sit, lest you believe the saving Gospel of the grace of God.

geez... another ThisShowsWhatTheAntiCatholicsKnow post

you have absolutely NO clue what it means to be Catholic

and since you don't listen to us loser Catholics... I am not going to attempt to dissuade you from your ignorance... If you don't even have the cajones to investigate the TRUTH about Catholicism.. go to an RCIA class.. talk to a priest...

then you deserve your ignorance (not to mention your separation from Christ)

Enjoy

:luigi:

Ben Masada

to fulfill prophecy

can be found no more

need scripture for that?

Daniel 9:24. "... and to 'seal up' the vision and prophecy.'" This happened after the return of the Jews from exile in Babylon. It means that no more prophecies were left to be fulfilled and no more prophets were expected to rise again.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Because it existed then as Constantinople.

It's very existence was made possible when the church became a part of the violent, Holy Roman Empire. It was named after the emperor Constantine who called the land's bishops together and forced them to come up with a manmade doctrine for the new faith.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
They think the Jesus on earth, the Pope, replaced a Jesus they can't see our hear
I believe the Christian church has replaced a domesticated, watered-down Jesus--the one who walked on the earth--that they no longer see and hear.

Now it appears to be "Jesus AS" Son of God, born of a virgin, Savior, etc. instead of the actual parables and teachings of Jesus. Making our faith a religion ABOUT Jesus instead of a religion OF Jesus is a profound betrayal of its roots.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because it existed then as Constantinople.

It's very existence was made possible when the church became a part of the violent, Holy Roman Empire. It was named after the emperor Constantine who called the land's bishops together and forced them to come up with a manmade doctrine for the new faith.

the bible says
it can be found no more

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Sorry, but you're just...well, an idiot.

:yawn: Your pope :eek:linger: is projecting again (Matt. 24:4-5, 24). :noway:

[Whose Life Will Be Judged a Complete Failure? By Mike Gendron Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "We received several letters, emails and phone calls that defended the pope's controversial message at St. Patrick's Cathedral last month. Francis said, "We need to remember that we are followers of Jesus... and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross." Perhaps, if his defenders looked at the pope's controversial comment through the lens of historic Roman Catholicism, they would see how his comments truly reflect the ungodly teachings of Rome.

Roman Catholicism teaches that Jesus DID NOT finish the work of redemption, He DID NOT pay the full punishment for our sins, His blood DID NOT purify our sins, He DID NOT satisfy divine justice, He DID NOT redeem people from the curse of the Law, He DID NOT provide direct access to God, He DID NOT make perfect forever those who are being sanctified, and He DID NOT secure salvation for His people. Roman Catholicism denies all of these glorious truths, which is why Christ is still on their cross.

Rome teaches, "Every time this mystery is celebrated, the work of our redemption is carried on" (Catechism of the Catholic Church, para. 1405). God's Word teaches the Lord Jesus Christ appeared once to do away with sin then entered the holy place once for all having obtained eternal redemption (Heb. 9:12, 26). When Jesus cried out "It is finished" the curtain of the temple was torn open giving believers access to God (Mat. 27:51). There was no longer any need for priests offering the same sacrifices repeatedly, which can never take away sins (Heb. 10:11). His one offering made perfect forever those who are sanctified; there are no more offerings for sin (10:14, 18).

When you look at what Jesus came to this earth to accomplish for sinners, we know that humanly speaking, and even more importantly, from a divinely eternal perspective, He was successful in everything. :poly: The laying down of His life for His people was what He purposed to do. He told His disciples that before He could build His church, "He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised" (Mat. 16:21). In everything He came to do He was successful. Righteousness had to be perfected, divine justice had to be satisfied, blood had to be shed, redemption had to be paid, sins had to be forgiven, reconciliation had to be accomplished, death had to be conquered, salvation had to be secured and heaven had to be opened. His victory cry, "It is finished" speaks volumes!" Pro-Gospel.org

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Civil War Brewing in Vatican Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "A group of cardinals, including some of the most powerful figures in the Catholic Church, have written to Pope Francis :eek:linger: telling him that his Synod on the Family, now meeting in Rome, has gone badly off the rails and could cause the church to collapse. Their leaked letter, written as the synod started, presumably explains why a few days ago the Pope suddenly warned against 'conspiracy' and reminded the cardinals that he, and only he, will decide the outcome of the synod. This is the gravest crisis he has faced, worse than anything that happened to Benedict XVI, and he knows it.

The cardinals warn the Pope, in diplomatic language, that (1) the synod is being hijacked by liberals obsessed with the narrow issue of giving Communion to divorced and remarried people; (2) 'pastoral flexibility' could lead to the Catholic Church falling apart in the same way as liberal Protestant denominations. The seniority of the signatories shows how close the church is to civil war. Read more." Pro-Gospel.org

Last edited:

Ben Masada

we are still listening to the pope

just like it was planned by Jesus

do you need a scripture reference for that?

I do! Why? Because, as the Jew that Jesus was, I find very hard to believe that he would be concerned about the Church of Paul which would rise about 30 years after Jesus had been gone. (Acts 11:26)

everready

How do you think the pope will react when he sees this?

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

i wonder has anyone ever heard of a pope preaching on the second coming?

everready

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
How do you think the pope will react when he sees this?

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

i wonder has anyone ever heard of a pope preaching on the second coming?

everready

what do you need to know about the second coming?