Paris attacks

Nazaroo

By the way conspiracy people have already called the attack fake.

Reasons:

(1) No pics of bodies (no bodies?)

(2) dying man in alley using cellphone (bored?)

(3) pregnant girl hanging by one hand (harness?)

(4) Practice Drill on same day

However, (1) can be debunked here:

Caution: graphic, blood

Spoiler

mdD4ZXJ.jpg

and (2) and (3) are doubtful.

Shot man using cellphone is not really evidence of false flags.

I don't know about (4).

gcthomas

So, then you would be open to a military tribunal for the enemy combatant/unlawful combatant under the Geneva Convention and then promptly executed? I can work with that...

Nobody will ask you to sit on the tribunal or to watch the execution...Fair enough?

Again, reading comprehension must not be a strong suit for you. It really does not matter how "YOU" see terrorists, it is how the world sees them. Read real slow maybe you can get it this time.

Enemy combatant:

any member of the armed forces of a state with which another state is at war; also, any person in an armed conflict, including terrorism, who could be properly detained under the laws and customs of war

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/enemy-combatant

or Unlawful Combatant if you prefer:

Unlawful combatants are likewise subject to capture and detention, but in addition they are subject to trial and punishment by military tribunals for acts which render their belligerency unlawful. The spy who secretly and without uniform passes the military lines of a belligerent in time of war, seeking to gather military information and communicate it to the enemy, or an enemy combatant who without uniform comes secretly through the lines for the purpose of waging war by destruction of life or property, are familiar examples of belligerents who are generally deemed not to be entitled to the status of prisoners of war, but to be offenders against the law of war subject to trial and punishment by military tribunals. (Emphasis added)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_combatant

None of your references has any relevance in international law, but are purely domestic mechanisms to try to sidestep treaty obligation in regard to Guantanamo Bay. I note that the US has abandoned these definitions recently.

The Geneva Conventions still hold, and until you can find a contrary reference within those, then you should concede the accuracy of my comments about prisoner status.

chair

Nobody thinks otherwise.

You want to wait and wait and wait hoping they just stop. Maybe your stupid, who knows.....

Listen closely. You have finally managed to upset me.

I live in Israel. We have been dealing with this a lot longer than you armchair generals have been.
I have served. I have two sons in reserve duty, including the last war. I have had missiles shot at my neighborhood, had a bus blow up right in front of me. Been at too many funerals.

So apologize.

One Angry Chair

bybee

I live in Israel. We have been dealing with this a lot longer than you armchair generals have been.
I have served. I have two sons in reserve duty, including the last war. I have had missiles shot at my neighborhood, had a bus blow up right in front of me. Been at too many funerals.

So apologize.

One Angry Chair

Blessings to you. What the Israeli's live through on a daily basis is mind-numbing and heart shattering.
I do not know what the answer is. But I'm sure it is not to be found in pacifism.

Eric h

If you were smart with investing file:

Our defense partners' stock soared Monday! Gains: Boeing: 1% Lockheed: 3.5% Raytheon: 4% Northrop Grumman: 4% Drone maker AeroVironment: 6%

The right wing war machine, benefiting on the misery of others.

Alate_One

Interesting phrase, Nick. :think:

Exactly. More fun with the irony meter on ToL. :chuckle:

So apologize.

One Angry Chair

Nick isn't worth the energy of getting angry, but even someone like him should apologize to you.

Eric h

It will be a lot cheaper on many levels to force these idiots at gunpoint back to Egypt,
rather than have the same number of them overrun Europe.

And scripture says...

Leviticus 19
33 " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. 34 The alien living \with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Exodus 22:21
"Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt.

Leviticus 24
You are to have the same law for the alien and the native-born. I am the LORD your God.

Ezekiel 47
21 “You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22 You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the foreigners residing among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. 23 In whatever tribe a foreigner resides, there you are to give them their inheritance,” declares the Sovereign LORD.

Exodus 12:49
The same law applies to the native-born and to the alien living among you."

Leviticus 19:10
Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 27
19 “Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.”

Leviticus 25
23 “‘The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you reside in my land as foreigners and strangers. 24 Throughout the land that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land.
Then all the people shall say, “Amen!”

Alate_One

And scripture says...

Leviticus 19
33 " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. 34 The alien living \with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Exactly. These pronouncements from Republican governors and presidential candidates are nothing more than concentrated xenophobia, which the Bible warns against over and over.

Eric h

Originally Posted by drbrumley
If you were smart with investing file:

Our defense partners' stock soared Monday! Gains: Boeing: 1% Lockheed: 3.5% Raytheon: 4% Northrop Grumman: 4% Drone maker AeroVironment: 6%

While you prefer to prolong the misery of others and empower those who cause it?

You are betting on a certainty, because people live in fear, and they want more weapons

I personally think it is unethical to profit from war, so if you invest in the weapons industry in times of conflict, you are profiting on people's misery. Not a Christian thing to do.

Nazaroo

Exactly. These pronouncements from Republican governors and presidential candidates are nothing more than concentrated xenophobia, which the Bible warns against over and over.

You are a liberal idiot.

The Bible doesn't propose that people should migrate,
or that nations should accept uncontrolled immigration which destroys their culture
and economy.

By all means treat those who are living according to our laws as equals and neighbours.

When they break the law, for instance by engaging in treason,
plots to overthrow the rule of Western Law,
importing and acquiring illegal guns and making bombs,
and committing terrorism,
you need to take appropriate actions of national and self-defence,
not create open borders and uncontrolled immmigration policies.

The actual current activity of a large number of terrorists in muslim ghettos,
which shouldn't exist in the first place but were forced upon Europe and the West
by idiotic liberal policies,
requires aggressive surveillance, advanced counter-insurgence techniques,
and military intervention.

The current wave of illegal and uncontrolled immigrants from Africa and the Middle East
need to be rounded up and returned to their countries of origin.

The solution to unrest, poor economic conditions and civil war in these countries
isn't to simply import them all into other countries.

The solution is to repair and build infrastructure, and provide education at the source,
on how to live peacefully and not engage in ridiculous religious jihads.
And by the way, that involves creating local police forces to arrest murdering criminals
and punish them.

If Syrians for instance knew that we would support their government and police,
and that we would help them stop the supply of money and arms to terrorists,
they would actually want to stay in their own country that they love.

The solution is closer to Russia's plan of supporting existing infrastructure and improving it,
while dismantling and undoing the damage done by both Western
and Eastern (Iran, Saudi Arabia) support of terrorists, radicals and insurgents.

Above all, one could selectively bomb the manufacturing plants everywhere in the Middle East
which make and distribute small arms, bombs, RPGs, missiles, etc.

If people aren't given weapons and ammo, they will have to make do with sticks and stones.
That alone would save millions of lives and stop the destruction of infrastructures,
like hospitals and schools that are necessary for peace in every Middle Eastern country.

Don't let them come to the West: Teach them to fix their own countries,
and stop arming them.

Turn their weapons into plowshares. End of story.

The very last thing we should be providing or allowing, is their escape to peaceful countries.